What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    So I wouldn't know who would use this moveset, but I'd like to see something like this:

HP could be Punisher/Daken/Patch level.

Arc Protector/Power Blast - Blue/Red* 12 AP
    In Iron Defense mode, (character) shields his entire team, giving them a burst of health and increasing protect tile strength by 20%.
    In Destructive Offense mode, he does single target damage and increases the strength of his strike tiles by 10%
    Level 2 - Increases protect tile strength by 30
    % (from base)
    Level 3 - Increases burst of health by 40%
    Level 4 - Increases protect tile strength by 60% (from base)
    Level 5 - Does 30% more damage and increases the strength of his strike tiles by 20%

When in Iron defense mode, the ability costs 12 blue and his highest tile strength is blue. When in Destructive Offense mode the ability costs 12 Red and his highest tile strength is red.

Shields up!/ Powering Up! - Purple/Green* (passive)
    Whenever your team uses an ability (even his own iron defense/destructive offense), gain a protect tile/strike tile for every 4 AP spent.
    Level 2: +10% tile strength (from base)
    Level 3: +10% tile strength (from base)

Level 4: +10% tile strength (from base)
    Level 5: Gain a protect/strike tile for every 3 AP spent.

* When in iron defense mode, the passive is purple, and his (middle) tile strength goes to purple. When in destructive offense mode, the passive is green, and his tile strength goes to green.
    He gets the tiles corresponding on which mode he changes into. EG if he is in iron defense mode and changes to destructive offense, he gets strike tiles.

He starts in Offense mode.

Iron defense/Destructive Offense - Black (utility) 6 AP
    Toggle-- (character) switches from defense to offense on the fly, showing his superior responsive powers.
    Defense to Offense -> changes 3 of his protect tiles to strike tiles at half value.
    Offense to Defense -> changes 3 of his strike tiles to protect tiles at double value.
    (aka each protect tile protects double the amount of his strike tiles since strike tiles are worth more generally).
    Level 2: changes 4 of his tiles
    Level 3: Strike tiles get a 10% value increase, Protect tiles get a 20% value increase (converting actually increases his tiles' values)
    Level 4: changes 5 of his tiles
    Level 5: changes 7 (or all) of his tiles. Strike tiles get another 5% value increase, and Protect tiles get another 10% value increase (from base)
    -- I'm iffy on any (all) skill

Of course numbers must be balanced for him not to be OP (or UP for that fact). Any number here can be changed.

I do want a character that can change from offense to defense on the fly, and this can be a way to actually get mileage out of protect tiles. Also the idea of changing tile strength depending on his mode allows for some cool team interaction and interesting tanking options

All the strike tile/protect tile increases are from his base value, as not to be OP with falcon.

I think all 3 skills are valuable at 5 covers, since he can potentially get tiles out at a decent rate.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    How about characters you're surprised aren't in the game yet ?

DEADPOOL , electro/green goblin , carnage , cyclops , another xmem member or enemy .
  • In the Dark Reign realm I would love to see

Tier 1:
    Deadpool
    Norman Osborne (Iron Patriot)

Tier 2:
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Thing

Tier 3:
    Hercules
    Mr. Fantastic (least favorite character in comics, but need the full F4)
  • It's happening!!!!! [thought I bet my mechanics have no bearing on the resulting character. fingers crossed*]

Deadpool (modern) ***
    The merc with a mouth:
    This character offers a new game dynamic.
    He would also have relatively low health for a *** character.

Black/Red/[purple/yellow]

Black(passive) - Miraculous Recovery - when deadpool is downed if the player has x black tiles or the board has x black tiles [not sure which way that plays better] a y turn countdown tile is placed on the board. After y turns Deadpool recovers health depending on his level and the level of Miraculous Recovery. He also back-stabs for damage equivalent to the amount he recovered.
    Level 1 - Creates a 5 turn countdown tile which returns 20% of his health and does that amount of damage to the target opponent.
    Level 2 - Creates a 4 turn countdown tile which returns 30% of his health....
    Level 3 - 3/40%...
    Level 4 - 3/50%/damage/ if the tile is matched it is replaced on the board.
    Level 5 - 3/60%/damage/ if the tile is matched/destroyed it is replaced on the board.
    [Percentages would scale with DP's level}

Red(passive) - I'm a Hero!! - The ever noble merc with a mouth teleports into danger. [similar to hawkeye, but the opposite effect]. If an ally would take enough damage to be downed, Deadpool moves to the front and takes that damage. This ability could have similar requirements to activate as his black ability or could cost the team AP. He also is probably obnoxious enough to get targeted even without his teleporter.
    Level 1 - Imperfect protection DP takes full brunt of incoming damage and ally takes 50%
    Level 2 - DP takes full, ally takes 25%...
    Level 3 - DP takes 100%, Ally takes 0...
    Level 4 - DP takes 75%, 0, decreased activation
    Level 5 - DP takes 50%, decreased activation
    [Percentages could scale with DP level, could also be limited to once per opponent turn, and that could change with the skill level as well]

Yellow - Katana na na na - DP could be written as a half villain/half hero and skip Killing spree, but this is DPs primary damage dealing ability. This also could be switched to be his red ability. DP attacks without attention or care to his survival or really anything else: dealing damage to all enemy targets. This damage would be related to his health as well - DP never really cares until he's pretty beat up.
    Level 1 (5 yellow) - DP deals damage %[based on level&amount he has take] to the target, ends turn
    Level 2 (6)- DP deals % damage to the target, ends turn
    Level 3 (7)- DP deals increasing damage to ALL targets, damage decreases from front target, ends turn
    Level 4 (8)- increased damage, all targets, ends turn
    Level 5 (9)- yup, yup, yup, doesn't end turn.

No, but seriously, this would be neat. icon_twisted.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's happening!!!!! [thought I bet my mechanics have no bearing on the resulting character. fingers crossed*]
    Deadpool (modern) ***
    The merc with a mouth:
    This character offers a new game dynamic.
    He would also have relatively low health for a *** character.

Black/Red/[purple/yellow]

Black(passive) - Miraculous Recovery - when deadpool is downed if the player has x black tiles or the board has x black tiles [not sure which way that plays better] a y turn countdown tile is placed on the board. After y turns Deadpool recovers health depending on his level and the level of Miraculous Recovery. He also back-stabs for damage equivalent to the amount he recovered.
    Level 1 - Creates a 5 turn countdown tile which returns 20% of his health and does that amount of damage to the target opponent.
    Level 2 - Creates a 4 turn countdown tile which returns 30% of his health....
    Level 3 - 3/40%...
    Level 4 - 3/50%/damage/ if the tile is matched it is replaced on the board.
    Level 5 - 3/60%/damage/ if the tile is matched/destroyed it is replaced on the board.
    [Percentages would scale with DP's level}

Red(passive) - I'm a Hero!! - The ever noble merc with a mouth teleports into danger. [similar to hawkeye, but the opposite effect]. If an ally would take enough damage to be downed, Deadpool moves to the front and takes that damage. This ability could have similar requirements to activate as his black ability or could cost the team AP. He also is probably obnoxious enough to get targeted even without his teleporter.
    Level 1 - Imperfect protection DP takes full brunt of incoming damage and ally takes 50%
    Level 2 - DP takes full, ally takes 25%...
    Level 3 - DP takes 100%, Ally takes 0...
    Level 4 - DP takes 75%, 0, decreased activation
    Level 5 - DP takes 50%, decreased activation
    [Percentages could scale with DP level, could also be limited to once per opponent turn, and that could change with the skill level as well]

Yellow - Katana na na na - DP could be written as a half villain/half hero and skip Killing spree, but this is DPs primary damage dealing ability. This also could be switched to be his red ability. DP attacks without attention or care to his survival or really anything else: dealing damage to all enemy targets. This damage would be related to his health as well - DP never really cares until he's pretty beat up.
    Level 1 (5 yellow) - DP deals damage %[based on level&amount he has take] to the target, ends turn
    Level 2 (6)- DP deals % damage to the target, ends turn
    Level 3 (7)- DP deals increasing damage to ALL targets, damage decreases from front target, ends turn
    Level 4 (8)- increased damage, all targets, ends turn
    Level 5 (9)- yup, yup, yup, doesn't end turn.

No, but seriously, this would be neat. icon_twisted.gif

You were pretty close! You almost got all the colors right. And Deadpool's black is a mix of both your black and red suggestion. Good job!
  • Merrci
    Merrci Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Moondragon
  • jjst05
    jjst05 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    3* Ghost Rider / John Blaze (Avengers #2)

Searing Chains: 12

Deals 250/270/300/320/350 damage + 20/20/25/25/30 damage per red tile.

(Passive)Vengeance:

If John Blaze have hit by enemy with the damage of 20% of life and has higher yellow tiles than the enemy, he deals 300/330/370/400/450 damage to the target enemy.

Penance Stare: 15

John Blaze set a countdown on random black tile. After the countdown ,tt explodes in a 3x3 tiles. If it is hit with a critical tile, he downs the target, else he deals 400/430/470/500/550 damage to the target enemy.
  • I'm waiting for Namor, and Rogue icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quicksilver (2-Star)

Low HP

Black/Blue/Purple

Machine Gun Punch (Black - 5 AP)

Quicksilver unleashes a fury of blows too fast to see. Destroys random tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP.

Lv1: Destroys 4 basic tiles
    Lv2: Destroys 5 basic tiles
    Lv3: Can destroy countdown tiles
    Lv4: Destroys 6 basic tiles
    Lv5: Destroys as many random countdown tiles as possible first, then moves to basic tiles.

Speed Boost (Blue - Passive)

Whenever Quicksilver makes a Blue match-4, gain an extra move once per turn.

Lv1: Blue match-4's only
    Lv2: Blue or Black only
    Lv3: Blue, Black, or Purple only
    Lv4: Can trigger twice per turn
    Lv5: Can trigger up to three times per turn

Moving Target (Purple - Passive)

Quicksilver is just too fast to hit with normal attacks, taking no tile-match damage if he has at least X Purple AP. Costs 1 Purple AP when triggered.

Lv1: At least 12 Purple
    Lv2: At least 10 Purple
    Lv3: At least 8 Purple
    Lv4: At least 6 Purple
    Lv5: At least 6 Purple to avoid tile-match damage, at least 12 to avoid special move damage

With his extra turns and ability to "tank" by avoiding taking damage, this guy could be a nightmare to finish off - just like comics Quicksilver. Fittingly for the son of CMags, he could have extensive chains of moves in a single turn but without AP generation and without a big damage move to pop off.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd prefer the following to Whales, Whales, Whales.

Team Up Powers, Activate! - Purple 14 AP
    You've gotta help me get rid of the opponent Team Up powers before they go off on us! I'll steal and trigger one of the enemy's Team-Ups, but if you spend your Deadpool Points I'll hit them with every Team Up they've got. They're practically giving these Team Up powers away.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: I'll let you choose the Enemy Team Up power. Level 3: That's not all! I'll also trigger one of our Team Up powers, if you want. Level 4: If you ask nicely, I'll let you choose which of our Team Up powers to use. Level 5: Okay, I'll let you go into your arsenal of Team Up powers. Pick up to three.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2014
    3* villains are a lil' weird, some with three incredibly OP abilities (Magneto, weren't you ridiculously broken enough in the comics already?), some with two underwhelming or extremely situational ones (I always found you boring in the comics, Loki, but even you didn't deserve to be this underplayed). I'd like some more villains -- and characters in general -- to be at Doom's mid-tier level of balance.

So of course I'm going to throw that out the window and fan-gush about an awesome villain by giving him three OP abilities. <_<

Morlun (Modern) ***
    HP: 10200
    Tile values: 11/13/12/70/61/79/3.0
      Supreme Predator [11 Purple AP]
      Morlun never loses his prey. Stuns target enemy for 2 turns, then transforms a random basic purple tile into a 2-turn Countdown tile which deals 1608 damage to the initially targeted character.
        Rank 2: -1 AP cost Rank 3: +1 stun duration Rank 4: -1 AP cost Rank 5: -1 on Countdown
      Max rank ability description: [9P] Morlun never loses his prey. Stuns target enemy for 3 turns, then transforms a random basic purple tile into a 1-turn Countdown tile which deals 1741 damage to the initially targeted character.

Overwhelming Might [Passive Green]
        Morlun is a nigh-unstoppable force of nature. Whenever he deals damage to an enemy, he deals 10% of that damage to each other enemy as well.
          Rank 2: 20% splash damage Rank 3: 30% splash damage Rank 4: 50% splash damage Rank 5: -1 duration on all incoming stuns
        Max rank ability description: [0G] Morlun is a nigh-unstoppable force of nature. Whenever he deals damage to an enemy, he deals 50% of that damage to each other enemy as well. Furthermore, stuns on Morlun last one turn less than normal.
          Life Drain [Passive Black]
          Morlun feeds by draining life force from his victims with just a touch. Whenever Morlun deals damage, he uses 3 Black AP to heal 324 damage.
            Rank 2: Can trigger at 1 or 2 Black AP (healing proportionately less) Rank 3: Will only spend as much AP as needed if Morlun is near full health Rank 4: Triggers on damage received as well Rank 5: Steals 1 Black AP on trigger
          Max rank ability description: [0B] Morlun feeds by draining life force from his victims with just a touch. Whenever Morlun deals or receives damage, he steals 1 Black AP, then uses up to 3 Black AP to heal 112 damage per AP spent.
        • MunitionsFrenzy

You've gotta help me get rid of the opponent Team Up powers before they go off on us! I'll steal and trigger one of the enemy's Team-Ups, but if you spend your Deadpool Points I'll hit them with every Team Up they've got. They're practically giving these Team Up powers away.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: I'll let you choose the Enemy Team Up power. Level 3: That's not all! I'll also trigger one of our Team Up powers, if you want. Level 4: If you ask nicely, I'll let you choose which of our Team Up powers to use. Level 5: Okay, I'll let you go into your arsenal of Team Up powers. Pick up to three.
          I don't think you're considering defensive Deadpool with this. All those choice-based rank upgrades are pretty irrelevant for an AI, and if you thought Team-Up complaints were severe before, you'd have a nightmare on your hands when an AI Deadpool claims to be backed up by a Yelena Team-Up and instead suddenly drops Rage of the Panther.
        • Nonce Equitaur 2
          Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards

Level Upgrades
          I don't think you're considering defensive Deadpool with this. All those choice-based rank upgrades are pretty irrelevant for an AI, and if you thought Team-Up complaints were severe before, you'd have a nightmare on your hands when an AI Deadpool claims to be backed up by a Yelena Team-Up and instead suddenly drops Rage of the Panther.

On Defense, AI Deadpool would be locked out of the player's arsenal. But all Team Up powers on the player team and AI team would be fair game.
        • MunitionsFrenzy
          So there'd be no difference on defense between rank 4 and 5 then. That's pretty feel-bad.
        • ZeiramMR
          ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
          This just occurred to me.

Black Cat would be an awesome character if she had a RNG-impacting "Bad Luck" skill that makes enemy cascades less likely to be helpful to them. Doing it on her turn with "good" tiles would be too likely to infinite loop, which I why I suggest it should impact enemy turns. It would be like the MARVEL Puzzle Quest version of playing Hatetris.
        • MunitionsFrenzy
          ZeiramMR wrote:
          Black Cat would be an awesome character if she had a RNG-impacting "Bad Luck" skill that makes enemy cascades less likely to be helpful to them.
          Effects that aren't concretely visible for the player are generally "feel-bad"; people don't want to use them because they can't really determine how helpful using them is. Game Design 101 icon_razz.gif
        • TheHood
          TheHood Posts: 107
          edited August 2014
          I'm waiting for Cyclops (Marvel Now!), Fantomex, Nightcrawler, Black Bolt, Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), Spider-Man (Ben Reilly), Spider-Man 2099, Star-Lord (not Marvel Now! please, but THIS), Nova (Richard Rider) and Thanos.
        • Polaris (a non-crazy version, please), Multiple Man, Quicksilver, and Nightcrawler. I am too lazy to come up with powers for them, I leave that to smarter folks than me.
        • Thanos ? That would be insane ! Galactic would be another great villain.

We have Loki/Doom / the Hood therefore we need Emma Frost, Namor to complete the Cabal !
        • Houtro
          Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
          icon_cool.gif I'm hoping for some of them:

Agent Coulson

Rocket Raccoon

Sabretooth

Elektra

Ghost Rider

Thing

Silver Surfer

Nightcrawler

Professor X