What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

1679111241

Comments

  • His blue power seems disappointingly niche - you have to run him with HT? Purple seems very powerful but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • HairyDaveHairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Since we have Sentry, I would have made him a 4* and then have a 3* named Void.
    I believe Void is being worked on already.
  • His blue power seems disappointingly niche - you have to run him with HT? Purple seems very powerful but that's not necessarily a bad thing.





    If you don't run him with HT or invisible women it just stuns
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2014
    What new powers would you like to see, regardless of character?

    (Forum shenanigans: See below)
  • DuckyDucky GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    There is already a thread for this. Heck, it's even stickied in the Character Discussions board.

    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2257
  • I want someone with the ability to steal enviro AP
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2014
    DuckyV wrote:
    There is already a thread for this. Heck, it's even stickied in the Character Discussions board.

    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2257

    I'll just copy/paste there, then. This thread is kind of old too and was more intended as a creative thread than "which do you want", but whatever.

    Edit to add: When I had originally started that thread this one was dead. Now the threads got merged. True Necromancy!
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    What new powers would you like to see, regardless of character?

    I'd like low cost power that destroys a single tile. Maybe blue because it shares some overlap with C.Mag's utility. How about yellow though, since there are few cheap yellow powers.
    • Precise Strike - 5 Yellow AP
      Destroy one target basic, attack or protect tile.
      Level 2: Generate double AP for the destroyed tile.
      Level 3: Target any tile.
      Level 4: Gain triple AP for the destroyed tile.
      Level 5: Costs 4 AP.

    I'd also like to see something that gives you AP when you make an environmental tile match. Since it kind of matches Hood's ability it could be blue, but I could justify it in most colors--green/red (e.g. Storm) or yellow (e.g. IM40). The order in which you gain colors could switch up, too, or you could add some damage to make it more potent, re OBW's Espionage. Here's one way it could work:
    • Tactical Advantage - Yellow (Passive)
      When the team makes an environment tile match, gain 1 Purple and Yellow AP.
      Level 2: Also steal 1 Environment AP.
      Level 3: Also gain 1 Red and 1 Green AP.
      Level 4: Steal 2 Environment AP and deal 200 (at level 166) extra damage on an environmental tile match.
      Level 5: Also gain 1 Blue and 1 Black AP.

    Here's a cool passive that would be good for Dr. Strange or Scarlet Witch (but watch out for that AP drain). It sounds powerful but it could suck down your blue AP pretty quickly and works automatically even when you don't need it to (e.g. you could have matched away or destroyed the CD that turn, or didn't care about it going off).
    • Against All Odds - Blue (Passive)
      If any blue, yellow or green enemy countdown tiles are at 1, increase them by 1. Each countdown tile increased costs 1 Blue AP.
      Level 2: Affects all colors of countdown tile.
      Level 3: Increase affected enemy countdown tiles by 2.
      Level 4: Affect countdowns at 1 or 2.
      Level 5: Increase countdowns by 4. Costs 2 AP per tile.
  • I'd really like to see more powers that deal with swapping tiles, or making multiple moves. Something like...

    Switcheroo (3 Purple)
    Level 1: Swap any two adjacent tiles. If one is a standard tile, one is transformed into a web tile.
    Level 2: Swap any two pairs of adjacent tiles, costs 6AP (zero or one web tile per pair)
    Level 3: Swap any two pairs of adjacent tiles, deals a small amount of additional damage per match if this leads to a match.
    Level 4: Swap any three pairs of adjacent tiles. Costs 9AP.
    Level 5: All tile damage this turn is doubled. (That is, damage from matching or shattering tiles). Allows swapping of diagonally adjacent tiles.


    The idea being on the multiple swaps that they all go off at the same time, so you can set up nice extended strings, deal with some pesky special tile, or otherwise. And for 9AP, the level 5 effect can be very potent (we might want to reduce it to all match damage instead of tile damage). You could also maybe tie it to web tiles.


    Or maybe some kind of extended power denial. For example:

    Snarky Remark (5 Yellow)
    Spiderman distracts and infuriates his pursuers, throwing them off their game.
    Level 1: During the next turn, enemy cannot use active powers. If you have 3 or more web tiles, enemy team cannot use active powers.
    Level 2: Lasts 2 turns, costs 7 AP, reduces needed web tiles to 2.
    Level 3: During the next two turns, enemy tiles also do not count down
    Level 4: Last 3 turns, costs 9 AP, reduces needed web tiles to 1.
    Level 5: Also negates passive abilities, attack tiles, strike tiles, and protect tiles.

    (Note that the level 3 is different from simply adding 2/3 because you can use a power like intimidate to activate them anyways.)

    Hint hint.
    Wink wink.
    Nudge Nudge.
  • arrapaicragarrapaicrag Age Unconfirmed Posts: 13
    I think a 3* Deadpool would be cool
  • Ghost Rider!!!

    Penance gaze (Black): Rebounds a certain amount of damage done to you back on to your attacker, as he feels the pain of his prior sins.

    Hellfire (Red): Similar to Human Torchs Red except it would burn away AP from other team as well, increasing as covers go up

    Mystical Chain (purple): Immobilizes foe, dealing damage with higher covers

    As he is now one of the most powerful heroes in marvel universe, he would deserve a 4* treatment
  • Thanos, Blackbolt, and maybe Rocket Raccoon
  • Joker117Joker117 Posts: 124
    Can we plz get the other symbiotes or however u spell it ? Carnage at least

    Oh and while I'm saying Villians ...green goblin?

    No DEADPOOL? Kinda shocked bc he sells even ppl who actually aren't fans of his think they are lol .
  • Green goblin

    Purple: pumpkin bombs
    Deals x damage and destroys a chosen 2x2 square
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: 3x3 square
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: 4x4 square

    Green: razor bats
    Deals x damage to each enemy and destroys 3 random tiles
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: choose the location of 1 tile
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: choose the location of 2 tiles

    Black: goblin glider
    Deals x damage to enemy and stuns the other two enemies for 1 turn
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: stuns 2 turns
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: stuns 3 turns
  • Ghost rider

    Black: penance stare
    Deals damage equal to the damage done to your team on the opponent's last turn
    Level 2: last 2 turns
    Level 3: deals 1.5x the damage the enemy dealt
    Level 4: last 3 turns
    Level 5: deals 2x the damage the enemy dealt

    Yellow: hellfire chains
    Deals x damage, destroys 2 random rows, and stuns the enemy for 1 turn
    Level 2: stuns 2 turns
    Level 3: choose 1 row
    Level 4: stuns 3 turns
    Level 5: choose 2 rows

    Red: hellfire manipulation
    Lower's enemy's health by 10% of maximum
    Level 2-5: increase by 10% each
  • Ghost Rider!!
  • Jean grey

    Green: telekinesis
    Switches 4 random and one chosen pair of tiles
    Level 2-5: increase chosen pairs by 1 each

    Purple passive: telepathy
    Whenever you have more than x purple ap, you can see the row directly above the board
    Level 2-4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: 2 rows above the board

    Yellow: Phoenix force
    Whenever you have more than x yellow ap, all purple matches and abilities deal 2x damage
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: also yellow
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: also green
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Jean grey

    Green: telekinesis
    Switches 4 random and one chosen pair of tiles
    Level 2-5: increase chosen pairs by 1 each

    Purple passive: telepathy
    Whenever you have more than x purple ap, you can see the row directly above the board
    Level 2-4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: 2 rows above the board

    Yellow: Phoenix force
    Whenever you have more than x yellow ap, all purple matches and abilities deal 2x damage
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: also yellow
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: also green

    I think an interesting twist would be if her Phoenix powers changed her other two abilities to something else.
    Preferably something damaging and something board clearing. Perhaps as a balance though, she should use 1 yellow AP each round she is in Phoenix form, and if she falls below a 2nd threshold she should revert back to normal. Perhaps requiring 15-20 to activate, and if AP falls below 8-12 she should revert back to normal.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Jean grey

    Green: telekinesis
    Switches 4 random and one chosen pair of tiles
    Level 2-5: increase chosen pairs by 1 each

    Purple passive: telepathy
    Whenever you have more than x purple ap, you can see the row directly above the board
    Level 2-4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: 2 rows above the board

    Yellow: Phoenix force
    Whenever you have more than x yellow ap, all purple matches and abilities deal 2x damage
    Level 2: 1 ap less
    Level 3: also yellow
    Level 4: 1 ap less
    Level 5: also green

    I think an interesting twist would be if her Phoenix powers changed her other two abilities to something else.
    Preferably something damaging and something board clearing. Perhaps as a balance though, she should use 1 yellow AP each round she is in Phoenix form, and if she falls below a 2nd threshold she should revert back to normal. Perhaps requiring 15-20 to activate, and if AP falls below 8-12 she should revert back to normal.
    I like it. Maybe it deals damage per switch and adds a bunch of random switches and one or two more chosen ones on her green. For her purple she can clear out the top row for damage and ap and see the next 3 rows.
  • Victor Cre3dVictor Cre3d Age Unconfirmed Posts: 8
    Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, 4* professor x, I'm an xmen fan. Also, sabertooth would be cool
Sign In or Register to comment.