*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Sooty wrote:
    Eh, why are the options so limited.

Things I'm okay with:

1) Keep rag as is and start the process of slowly buffing other heroes
    2) Rework him, but he no longer has the same red

Neither of those options are addressed...

I wanted to know the motivations of peoples' thoughts towards rags rather than how to "fix" him.
  • I know I'm a blabber mouth but I wanna try to be a lil more clear in what I've been saying.

Rag has a very obvious use therefore more people see his use.
    Rag is slightly above average AI because of his 2 skill ap but damage is low and easily avoidable
    (With exception of occasional cascade)
    Because of the obvious uses more people levelled him faster.
    Also he is the main "tank set up" for 3* with Thor being 2* equivalent.
    This makes people run into him over and over in battle.
    This repetitive fight vs rag makes him like your roadblock. You have rags mess you up over and over and forget all the times you clobber him easily.

In the future there will be more card releases. Every1 believes a 3* hulk is coming, easily could be a newer (and maybe even better ) tank than rag. More high damage cards like punisher are being introduced. When more high health cards start popping up like hulk and doctor doom and people start seeing magneto 1 shotting like crazy, start seeing Loki creating crazy cascades and turning your punishers against you, there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been realized against a lot of characters. A lot of characters are amazing offensively but great defensively. Great in human control while others are great for AI. Vice verca this that and whatever.

I'm very excited about the direction everything is going and I'm happy with 90% of characters. The only characters I have problems with are ones like IM M40 whose abilities clearly degrade* as they upgrade*.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    Let's just stop buffing the bejesus out of him. It's been said before in this thread; I just wanted to put it out there again so that support of the idea would be obvious. While they're at it, the devs could stop 200% buffing any characters outside of PVE. That sort of disparity really drives home the gap between players who have a lot of covers and players who do not (whether because of luck, time played, money spent, or whatever). I'm not saying that the dedicated shouldn't have an advantage, just that that advantage doesn't need to be multiplied by 3.

For the record, my answer to the survey was "meh." This is because, on the issue of nerfing, I'm indifferent. I don't have enough 3* play experience to really say whether or not Rag is a threat to game balance. On the issue of buffing, I'm fairly to deeply passionate. It will be very difficult for any of us to approach this issue rationally if our emotional responses are being multiplied by 3.

How about only buffing the character that's provided for people that don't have the cover?
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Well, the pleasure I get from the game right now is playing different lineups.
    I wish I had that luxury, but I haven't been as lucky with tokens.

I successfully beat Rhazeem, with 140 spider man, 112 ragnarok, and 140 g.widow with the above team I mentioned. It was a wild ride! Looks like he used that bug to heal up. Otherwise he'd be at max level.

No boosts, no buffs, just straight pvp in sheild tournament in prologue. Beat on first attempt.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The obvious solution to Ragnarok is to give Magneto a new passive power.

Blue (passive add-on). In addition to the powers above, if Ragnarok, Iron Man, or Doctor Doom harms Magneto in any way, he automatically destroys them.
  • The obvious solution to Ragnarok is to give Bag-Man a new passive power.

Great idea!

*runs away*
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Now my Ragnarok is 4 / 0

icon_e_sad.gif
  • CFacto wrote:
    Now my Ragnarok is 4 / 0

icon_e_sad.gif

You mean 0 / 4
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    How's that OCD working out for ya?
  • CFacto wrote:
    How's that OCD working out for ya?

icon_lol.gif
  • Just 2 RED!

He can combo everything

thing i can do is sit and watch his combo.

I play The Hulk tournament and when i face him in lv-75. If luck is'n mine he'll combo with red and green red and green.....

and my THOR LV 85 is nothing but dead. don't even talk about modern BW.

2 RED VS 9 BLUE = blue too late to stun.

Just wanted to complain. Nothing more. icon_mad.gif TT_TT

ps. I don't have Raknarok Cover.
  • You don't need one. You can't fight Rag againast Rag anyway. So, I have a 40 Wolvie 2 star I've been using to great affect, along with my 85 thor on those missions. Tactic is:

Red-Yellow +3 boost.
    All Gem +3 boost.

Target all Red gem combos first to deny red gems to Rag.
    Then green gem combos to get wolvies green abillity to put the strike markers on red gems. Once you have about 4 of these out there, start firing off Thor's red. It should take Rag down fast. Trigger the yellow when you have it. Shouldn't take more than 10 or so turns to take Rag down.
  • Ya I don't have a single red rag, and I'm sure the moment I get one, they'll nerf him. But, he only uses one of each special per turn, and I've found that using poison damage can quickly eliminate even a level 115 rag. The AI isn't too smart when it comes to making decisions, and will generally forgo taking away your poison tiles just to get another special in. But, when it comes to lightning rounds, just stay away from him. He is God of the Lightning Round Realm, and will taunt and humiliate anyone he comes across
  • Who's going to be the best green ally with rag?

Hulk has a nice passive black and a damaging green.

Punisher makes strike tiles and will add to Rags thunderclap.

Or Widow for her game ending green?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I pair with Widow. So far, I haven't been convinced that either Hulk/Punisher will be a better partner, but we won't know for sure until there are more high-level versions out there.
  • Rag and gsbw are powerful combination. I like adding spider man for insurance/deterrence. I'm not fond if rag though. I tend to choose more unique lineups.
  • The idea of a max Hulk/Grey Widow (with Rag) is the most enticing to me. All can generate green AP (using different colors) and all can do damage (in varying degrees) with that green. Seems like it would be pretty versatile in dispatching enemies.
  • Favorite is actually C.Storm. If you max Rag's red you only need 2 to generate green and do damage. And if you can chain Storm's Green and Rag's red....you can start and end the battle on turn 1.
  • I've just started building my rag, and I was curious. Surprisingly I have more hulk covers than I do gsbw. Never pulled them, but wish I could. I'm currently in line with 3 hulks if the tourney were to end now, and I can pull a few punishers from the avengers tourney, so I was just wondering who to pair.
  • Ultimately depends on what you're doing but when I'm just farming iso say in the Shield 'tourney' I like going Rags/mStorm. cStorm is fine too and the influx of ap keeps the pace up. I wouldn't recommend this otherwise because of retaliations but it has its uses.