*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Definitely needed a nerf but making him strictly worse than Thor is a mind blowing mistake imo.
  • I'm okay with Ragnarok being an inferior Thor, since all the dark avengers tend to be inferior, but I'm personally a bit peeved because just a few hours ago in the last Magneto lightning round I had the opportunity to grind out a high finish and get some needed covers for my 0/0/4 Magneto. But instead I elected to throw up a shield and settle for the token. So now that Mags is the undisputed damage king of the game and most-lusted-after character to have maxed I'm stuck with a weak one icon_evil.gif
  • I'm more mad that I spent 75000 ISOS on widow bringing her to 115 lately than I am with the ragnarok nerf because I've had a high level rag for a few months now

But poor widow...only been playing with her for a week.
  • Mag is a beast now
  • I don't understand their explanation at all. The hallmark of Ragnarok is frequency, so let's make it so it's no longer a frequent ability? In what way is 6 red AP a frequent ability, especially given that it's weaker than Thor's?

The only advantage to it is that generating green AP is more valuable than generating yellow AP (arguably) except that Thor's Red generates Yellow which in turn generates green, so you can chain them together.

Oh well, I never got to use a good Rag and now he's bottom of my villain pile with Hood and Loki.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Stuff like this and the loki and c.storm nerfs make me feel the devs have no idea how to balance anything without destroying their usefulness

Totally agree. Especially since I had a 5 yellow storm and now my main hammer just got neutered in. The middle of a tourney...great.
  • Wow....just...wow. this is either the LAZIEST nerf.I've ever seen or a huge game error. He could have used a small nerf....not being destroyed. Now, there is ONE possible thing this could mean if it sticks that positive. That might be giving him a new ability. That said, these guys really don't know how to rebalance. Loki losing.his move, that was just lazy. Storm's nerf...pro ably warranted but it went a bit too far probably ...not awful though overall. This? Plz...nobody ask for a nerf again, third times a chatm...they just don't know how to post-creation balance.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm more mad that I spent 75000 ISOS on widow bringing her to 115 lately than I am with the ragnarok nerf because I've had a high level rag for a few months now

But poor widow...only been playing with her for a week.

I have a 141 Grey Widow so I feel your pain. I think she's still handy on her own since her purple can generate the green she needs. More effectively than Ragnarok can at the moment actually.

My IM40 tournament team just changed from IM40/Ragnarok/Spiderman to IM40/Grey Widow/Spiderman. We'll see how it plays out.
  • chrisf
    chrisf Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They should remove all cost discounts from any ability that reduces cost on levelup. I'm getting tired of playing Thor/Wolverine/X against a bunch of Thor/Wolverine/X teams.
  • Love this statement:

"Increasing the AP cost effectively duplicates a Thor ability (at ability level 1), which isn't fun."

Apparently, duplicating a Thor ability at level 5 is less un-fun.

Seriously, it needed a fix, but this one is lousy.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Mag is a beast now
    You...you shut up lol. I don't want to wake up and his blue takes 9 ap and his purple only does up to 6 swaps...
  • So if you thought Magneto Lightning Rounds were crazy before...

I feel great about my (1/5/5) C. Magneto now.
  • Wow... I don't know why they feel the need to nerf anything. Instead of nerfing some of the great characters and making them **** characters, make all of the **** characters better. I was so close to dropping 2500hp to get my last 2 rag levels. Sooooooo glad i didn't. So now lets see, which 3 star character's do we have left that are still better than 2 star characters? Mags and Spidey. Get ready for the nerf bat on those guys too.
  • Wow, really glad I didn't spend the HP to level up his red, was thinking about doing that last night. PHEW, the new Lightning Rounds should be interesting now.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Mag is a beast now
    You...you shut up lol. I don't want to wake up and his blue takes 9 ap and his purple only does up to 6 swaps...

I maxed him today so quite happy to have advantage now icon_e_smile.gif
  • If Mag gets nerfed i'm uninstalling
  • Hi dev team,

I figured I'd start a post here for reactions to the Ragnarok nerf. I personally don't use Rag because mine sucks.

But my gut reaction is that this change ruins the character. There's no reason to use Rag (outside maybe LR if you have a high level version) when you can use Thor instead, who deals more damage and generates more tiles. Especially due to Rag's lack of three matches for damage and his lack of a third ability.

The character was fun and interesting before but now is borderline a waste of time to play with.
  • Good night, sweet prince.
  • Wow, really glad I didn't spend the HP to level up his red, was thinking about doing that last night. PHEW, the new Lightning Rounds should be interesting now.

I'm the opposite of you. Been thinking about it for a few days, just did it 30 minutes before this change icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Rag will still be good in LR, just pretty bad everywhere else.

Not really digging the whole "let's dumpster this character and forget about him" style of nerfing going on, especially with 3*.

This does really slow down the game in general though, which I suspect is their main reason for the heavy AP hit and why spiderman is probably safe.
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    If Mag gets nerfed i'm uninstalling

we all know he is.