*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

1464748495052»

Comments

• Scandelias
    Scandelias Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I thought I'd be trying at this forever, but I was able to beat Ragnarok on my 4th or 5th run with * Modern Black Widow, **** Star-Lord, and **** Blade, who does some ridiculous damage when his bloodlust is active. I had to retreat the first 2 runs with this combination because I couldn't get the blue tiles for BW stun fast enough, before he puts her down and starts to devastate the others.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    When Rags got changed, I was going to go 3/5/5, but after I re-read blue, I realized that he just converted already green tiles, for some reason I thought he overwrote basic tiles. So while a 3/5/5 is I guess a fast accelerator, he doesn't increase your chance of making a match. Putting charged tiles up for grabs with no other benefit other than hoping you match them is a bad idea in my book. At least with Thor you hit harder with more charged tiles, plus you can at least stun the guy who would benefit most from those colors.

Rags is a good blue battery, that can hang around in a fight, and when buffed his green hits very, very hard. I think 5/5/3 is the better way to go. To completely destroy greens dmg for some extra fake heal points and putting an extra charged tile (only going to get you 2 more AP) no thank you.

If blue changed basic to green charge or made 4-5 charged, well maybe, but as is, no 5/5/3.

The way I use Rags blue (3/5/5 or 4/4/5) is when teamed with Thor (3/5/5) and KK.

Rags uses red exclusively to build blue, and green and yellow I leave for Thor. KK I can have 5/5/3 or 3/5/5, but purple is obvious. When you have enough blue to do two rounds or heal -> 8 charged green tiles, and enough purple to place them in positions where they will not cascade, then Thunderstrike..........!!!!!!!

Watch the cascades and your health (2 x heal for self plus from KK is awesome) and the enemy will melt away. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah we all know Ragnarok sucks but I've found a fun use for him. In this latest Thick As Thieves event, I've been running him with 4* Cyclops and either IM40 or 4* Star-Lord. The strategy is to focus on Red and Blue matches. 

Basically I use Rags red to create Blue which Cyclops uses to pick up more red and to chain them. There have been many matches when the board is absolutely flooded with blue tiles which make lots of critical tiles for even more damage. IM40 is there to generate ap (duh), but you could also replace him with SL to make the abilities cheaper (Rags red is 4 ap, Cykes blue is 6).

Like I said, I've been using this team in Rags essential nodes and its been a ton of fun. There have been many times when Recharge goes off and it becomes almost winfinite with the two powers feeding each other over and over.

The main problem however is that occasionally you'll have a board that's been starved of red. The only real boardshake is Rags green, but that's lackluster.

Obviously it doesn't make Ragnarok top tier but it's a really fun team and makes using Rags bearable for when he's essential (Krakadoom, Lightning Rounds).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok that's pretty funny. Works really well with Riri, too.
  • Anon
    Ok that's pretty funny. Works really well with Riri, too.
    I forgot about Riri but yeah she sounds awesome here!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Anon said:
    Mockingbird was my third. Tricking the AI into giving me free casts of Thunderclap, Mag Reps, RC Gauntlets, or even Bombshell was just too good.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My strategy in Ragnarok's node is to let him tank blue, red, and green matches for other people so he takes damage instead of my useful characters. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited October 2017
    Dormammu said:
    My strategy in Ragnarok's node is to let him tank blue, red, and green matches for other people so he takes damage instead of my useful characters. 
    I know you're serious, but I barely took any damage at all with Riri and Mockingbird (or SL, for the nodes where no one makes matches). Red -> Blue conversion has always been something Rags was actually good at. Since his rework.

Anon said:
    Thanks for making this story way more fun than I was expecting it to be :)
  • Dormammu
    I'm usually one for taking an essential character and building a team around their strengths, but I draw the line at certain characters like Rags. Sometimes its just easier to ignore him and fight 2 on 3.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Dormammu said:
    I'm usually one for taking an essential character and building a team around their strengths, but I draw the line at certain characters like Rags. Sometimes its just easier to ignore him and fight 2 on 3.
    Well,you're missing out. Ragfinity is real ;)
  • Dormammu
    Okay, so I'm a believer in Ragfinity.

Rags/IM40/Riri. One recharge is all you need. I spammed Rags' red until he ran out and then cast Riri's blue to make more red. Repeat until everyone is downed.

I'm a fool for ever doubting.
  • Jaedenkaal
    A few 2* Magneto team ups probably wouldn't go astray, either.
  • Anon
    Dormammu said:
    Okay, so I'm a believer in Ragfinity.

Rags/IM40/Riri. One recharge is all you need. I spammed Rags' red until he ran out and then cast Riri's blue to make more red. Repeat until everyone is downed.

I'm a fool for ever doubting.
    Another believer! I used Ragnarok and Riri in the Black Bolt essential as well and those charged tiles make the whole thing easier since there will be a large abundance of Blue on the board.