*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:
    They just removed the news post for some reason.

Weird...maybe to update it with more information? Someone else said they lowered some of the rewards in SHIELD Versus. Hmm

They probably saw the immediate backlash and realized what a stupid mistake they made and are going into PR damage control
  • Honestly, it's something that should have happened 4-6 weeks ago when it was apparent that he was unbalanced. Dragging it out for so long just caused mor people to become dependent on him.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    They should let us sell our Ragnaroks. I would sell my L115 for 50,000 ISOs if this nerf sticks.

At least you got to use him for a good amount of time.
    I feel bad for the people that spent HP/ISO this week on him. zero benefit whatsoever.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:

Weird...maybe to update it with more information? Someone else said they lowered some of the rewards in SHIELD Versus. Hmm

All HP rewards above 1500 are now 100hp. No more 500hp rewards.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:

So when they said they'd fix this they nerfed it too?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Honestly, it's something that should have happened 4-6 weeks ago when it was apparent that he was unbalanced. Dragging it out for so long just caused mor people to become dependent on him.

There's a difference between a nerf for balance sake and completely ruining a character.

Everybody was talking about 3AP or less green generation...nobody ever thought about 6 AP for 4 green.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:

I noticed that. I was sad because I was really looking forward to those.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    They probably saw the immediate backlash and realized what a stupid mistake they made and are going into PR damage control

From my understanding, change is already live though? So they better say something quick or it's worse for PR.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:

Sadly the PR damage hits for more than Rags does now... people said nerf not neuter him
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Honestly, it's something that should have happened 4-6 weeks ago when it was apparent that he was unbalanced. Dragging it out for so long just caused mor people to become dependent on him.

There's a difference between a nerf for balance sake and completely ruining a character.

Everybody was talking about 3AP or less green generation...nobody ever thought about 6 AP for 4 green.

Fair point.

It's not a situation like C.Storm where you were at least left with 2 other good abilities.
  • Ghast wrote:

Wow so they made it possible for us to actually get those rewards...then removed them. That's daggers. This is poor form.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm more mad that I spent 75000 ISOS on widow bringing her to 115 lately than I am with the ragnarok nerf because I've had a high level rag for a few months now

But poor widow...only been playing with her for a week.

I have a 141 Grey Widow so I feel your pain. I think she's still handy on her own since her purple can generate the green she needs. More effectively than Ragnarok can at the moment actually.
    When was she nerfed? And what did they do?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Fair point.

It's not a situation like C.Storm where you were at least left with 2 other good abilities.

Hopefully they buff him after seeing the backlash. Reverting the nerf is probably not reasonable at this point, so their next best move would probably be to buff rags up to actually being viable and not completely outclassed by thor.
  • just checking in to say that i dont agree with the lengths that the devs have gone with the Rags nerf. marc
  • I'm actually quite happy about the change. Not because he was a challenge to go against, but more for the fact that it begins to become more in line with what abilities should be: strong and not spammable.

That being said, I can also look at this and most likely anticipate a Thor nerf in the pipeline, because I can't imagine they would do this to Rags and make him junk compared to a 2* utilizing the same mechanics, or similar in nature.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Derethus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm more mad that I spent 75000 ISOS on widow bringing her to 115 lately than I am with the ragnarok nerf because I've had a high level rag for a few months now

I have a 141 Grey Widow so I feel your pain. I think she's still handy on her own since her purple can generate the green she needs. More effectively than Ragnarok can at the moment actually.

The main reason why people run widow is because her green is insane when fed (ala rags). Nerfing rags to unplayability means that widow is significantly weakened as well.
  • Derethus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

She was pretty dependent on rags as a battery. Without it, she's mediocre at best.
  • First of all this community caused this. Everybody that didn't have a rag and their posts about him being OP'd caused all of this. Frankly I'm shocked it took this long lol. I think it's a good change. It makes rounds longer and finally adds some strategy to the game icon_e_wink.gif. I run, ran, 115 rags for the last 2 months and I have no regrets icon_razz.gif. Now devs, about classic magneto......
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Fair point.

Hopefully they buff him after seeing the backlash. Reverting the nerf is probably not reasonable at this point, so their next best move would probably be to buff rags up to actually being viable and not completely outclassed by thor.

Nah they'll pull a rock star and give everyone with 5/5 rags 50 hp
  • Ghast wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:

Well that sucks. I was fully intending on grabbing those tonight.