*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    If Mag gets nerfed i'm uninstalling

Mags will get nerfed..cant see any way around it now..it's. Just a matter of time bc the complaints will be just as load now when people get dropped by constant Mags blue matches.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ...I never liked the guy, but he didn't deserve this.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

Mags will get nerfed..cant see any way around it now..it's. Just a matter of time bc the complaints will be just as load now when people get dropped by constant Mags blue matches.

No they won't, because the AI can't use his blue effectively, so that won't happen.
  • It is good decision. All it was before is to gather red, endless spam of red green powers of rag and dont care about any other color or character. good decision
  • I won't post how much I spent, but at least 8 covers after getting 1/1. So it's okay to take my money, but have no conscious mind about informing me "oh hey don't waste it on rag since you already have maxed Thor"
  • Rag will still be good in LR, just pretty bad everywhere else.

Not really digging the whole "let's dumpster this character and forget about him" style of nerfing going on, especially with 3*.

This does really slow down the game in general though, which I suspect is their main reason for the heavy AP hit and why spiderman is probably safe.
    DumDumDugn wrote:

we all know he is.

Yeah rag will be still be good for LR due to his high HP, too bad he blows everywhere else, kind of like doctor doom ahah
  • They should realize their internal nerfing strategies don't work. Nobody uses any character they've chosen to nerf.

How many C Storms or Lokis do you see nowadays?
  • Eh, I'm more upset that they nerfed all the rewards in the shield tourney.
  • They just removed the news post for some reason.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That is a bit weird balance-wise; a 3* power which costs 6 and gets 4 effectiveness discount < a 2* power that gets 4 AP discounts... icon_e_confused.gif

Obviously some nerf needed to happen, but requiring 4 rare covers & 30 more levels just to end up inferior to a 2* Thor skill is an odd outcome.
    I would have thought cost 5 with that damage and 5 green tiles would at least have been level.

Request to D3
    Now that Rags is down to mortal power level, please give him a 3rd tile damage colour!
    It was perfectly reasonable he didn't have this before, but now all he has to show for those 30 extra levels is health. icon_e_geek.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    They should realize their internal nerfing strategies don't work. Nobody uses any character they've chosen to nerf.

How many C Storms or Lokis do you see nowadays?

What was loki like before the nerf? I wasn't around back then to know.
  • This nerf drops Ragnarok to like...modern hawkeye level? Worse?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, I'm super nervous about investing into Magneto now. It's a 200K ISO investment that I don't really want to waste the next time a nerf come around.

I do think that they are trying to slow down the game, which IS the direction they should be going. This nerf seems a tad overboard, especially with Thor now being arguably better in every way except for health. But, it's probably foolish to nerf characters with the attitude of direct comparisons to other characters. It seems they've set up more 'rules' for them to follow now, which Thor probably also doesn't fit at the moment.
  • cjshrader wrote:
    They just removed the news post for some reason.

Weird...maybe to update it with more information? Someone else said they lowered some of the rewards in SHIELD Versus. Hmm
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

No they won't, because the AI can't use his blue effectively, so that won't happen.

AI rag couldn’t spam thunderclap, still got nerfed
  • Speaking of all of this, so we have more balance right? What happened to "in the next major update we will make it easier to obtain point rewards"? Now we've got slow as molasses LRs and even more difficult to get to the point rewards from tournaments. I don't get it.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    cjshrader wrote:
    They just removed the news post for some reason.

Weird...maybe to update it with more information? Someone else said they lowered some of the rewards in SHIELD Versus. Hmm

On my screen at least the 2k+ rewards are all still in their same location.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, I'm super nervous about investing into Magneto now. It's a 200K ISO investment that I don't really want to waste the next time a nerf come around.

I do think that they are trying to slow down the game, which IS the direction they should be going. This nerf seems a tad overboard, especially with Thor now being arguably better in every way except for health. But, it's probably foolish to nerf characters with the attitude of direct comparisons to other characters. It seems they've set up more 'rules' for them to follow now, which Thor probably also doesn't fit at the moment.

All of this. And, whys a 2* better than a 3* just to compare them. It's pretty obvious stars mean nothig to them. Look at almost all 3* every LR is wolvie and Thor, you'll see 10x as much of that now. So much for "variety". Why don't they positively nerf one of their terrible 4* instead?
  • They should let us sell our Ragnaroks. I would sell my L115 for 50,000 ISOs if this nerf sticks.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    This nerf drops Ragnarok to like...modern hawkeye level? Worse?

Classic hawkeye