*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Nobody. Rag has no friends. Nobody likes that guy. D bag.

That said, due to rubberbanding right now absolutely nobody has anything on lock. If u cannot play the last hour or two you will be doomed to only 1-2 hulks.
  • I mostly use him with Wolverine and any third. I had been using Hood for more reds/greens, but started using Hulk.

Any green match is a damage buff from Wolve and it buffs all damage, including Hulks black at level5.
  • As mentioned, Grey Suit Widow was likely intended to be the go-to companion. She works just great with him.

If you don't mind having a messy board, Frank is also pretty OK icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I mostly use him with Wolverine and any third. I had been using Hood for more reds/greens, but started using Hulk.

Any green match is a damage buff from Wolve and it buffs all damage, including Hulks black at level5.

You'd be better off using Daken for the strike tiles. They'll be made on Thunderclaps, and the green is still saved for GP.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    I mostly use him with Wolverine and any third. I had been using Hood for more reds/greens, but started using Hulk.

You'd be better off using Daken for the strike tiles. They'll be made on Thunderclaps, and the green is still saved for GP.
    Wolvie's tiles are significantly more powerful, and you'd be destroying your own strike tiles with GLP, as opposed to getting 2 extra hits in. Strike tiles are a must for rags, since outside of lightning rounds, the per hit damage of thunderclap isn't that great, and they amplify the damage of the green matches as well.

Punisher could be an interesting wolvie replacement, his strike tiles are even stronger, even though he has an annoying habit of destroying them. And once you have a good number of them out, you can pop off a molotov to do damage to the rest of the team (amplified by the strike tiles)
  • Alright, I know this has been said a thousand times but I frikin hate Ragnarok. Just fought a team of lvl 55 Rag, Venom, Daken and in 2 turns, TWO, Raggy and Venom completely took out my lvl 85 wolverine. Together with an absolutely awful tile drop they pulled off a combo so long my phone went to sleep. (It's set to 30 second btw) Lots of fun being had here D3!! A whole lot!
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Alright, I know this has been said a thousand times but I frikin hate Ragnarok. Just fought a team of lvl 55 Rag, Venom, Daken and in 2 turns, TWO, Raggy and Venom completely took out my lvl 85 wolverine. Together with an absolutely awful tile drop they pulled off a combo so long my phone went to sleep. (It's set to 30 second btw) Lots of fun being had here D3!! A whole lot!

its that one hulk mission right?

i get whupped on that one too occasionally ... because 1) you have to take punisher and mine is level 15 ... and 2) i can't use my ragnarok, so i end up with some garbage spiderman/widow/punisher slowteam
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Alright, I know this has been said a thousand times but I frikin hate Ragnarok. Just fought a team of lvl 55 Rag, Venom, Daken and in 2 turns, TWO, Raggy and Venom completely took out my lvl 85 wolverine. Together with an absolutely awful tile drop they pulled off a combo so long my phone went to sleep. (It's set to 30 second btw) Lots of fun being had here D3!! A whole lot!

its that one hulk mission right?

i get whupped on that one too occasionally ... because 1) you have to take punisher and mine is level 15 ... and 2) i can't use my ragnarok, so i end up with some garbage spiderman/widow/punisher slowteam

yeah, it's a pretty terrible set of missions. It's basically a crapshoot. You'll either get a fair board which Raggy will sap most of your charaters of health and you pull off a win, or you'll get a board that just takes you on a date and then NEVER calls you again.
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    or you'll get a board that just takes you on a date and then NEVER calls you again.

icon_lol.gif

I'm going to steal this line sometime in the future and pretend I came up with it, just letting you know!
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    or you'll get a board that just takes you on a date and then NEVER calls you again.

icon_lol.gif

I'm going to steal this line sometime in the future and pretend I came up with it, just letting you know!
    No problem, I stole it from Champ Kind. WHAAAAMMY!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't had too much issue beating that mission relatively unscathed: a level 77 wolvie tanking does wonders.
  • mecha
    mecha Posts: 9
    Options
    My Rag is low lvl, therefore I hate every team that has a high lvl one, obviously icon_e_biggrin.gif

Even though his green skill does not generate AP, the cascade that follows usually results in massive amounts of matches.
    Thankfully the AI is weird - i think it is allowed to cast two spells per turn only. Otherwise Rag could re-cast his cheap spells until the other two dudes get enough mana to pull off their sick moves, or you simply die because of cascades.

Thor is a much weaker version of Rag. In tourneys, I usually sidestep high lvl Rags, but take on Thors.

Once I get a high lvl Rag myself, I will of course change my point of view icon_twisted.gif
  • The AI is not allowed to use the same skill twice in one turn.
  • The worst rag is the one in the hulk event that is lvl240, you don't even get more than two turn against him.
  • bongo king wrote:
    The worst rag is the one in the hulk event that is lvl240, you don't even get more than two turn against him.

Why, because he's dead by then? I can't kill him that fast, but he's not all that bad. At least he won't one-shot you like the L230 Punisher or Moonstone can.

You won't find a more OPed Rags than Lightning Rounds. Thunderclap for 1860 damage. At least Magneto is buffed too.
  • Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
    Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 118 damage to the current target and changing 5 tiles of any color to Green.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
    Max Level: 633 damage

Strange...on my screen it shows max damage for a level 115 Rag is only 620. Does damage vary from person to person?
  • its 620 for everyone im pretty sure
  • I think it's 620. I think perhaps the compendium may be slightly off.
  • I bet it was calculated at level 141 accidentally. If IceIX did it when he was feeding us all the data, he may have just entered the level as 141 by mistake. Or Rag was nerfed, in which case rabble, rabble, rabble!
  • Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
    Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 118 damage to the current target and changing 5 tiles of any color to Green.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
    Max Level: 633 damage

Strange...on my screen it shows max damage for a level 115 Rag is only 620. Does damage vary from person to person?

Lightning rounds give a 200% buff to Rag. 620x3=1860