*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    Also, I really wouldn't be surprised to see at least one more Thor variant at 3-star rarity. Because movies.

Fingers crossed for Beta Ray Bill!
  • someguy wrote:
    It's one of the only balancing factors that will make sure he eventually drops out of the meta once everyone is trucking around with teams at 100-120+.

He's fine.

Also, I really wouldn't be surprised to see at least one more Thor variant at 3-star rarity. Because movies.

Thor will easily get a 4 star if the game stays around long enough. He is basically the superman of the marvel world. I assume wolvie, hulk, IM, Thor will all have 4 stars to their names. Beta ray bill as a 3 star sounds good too (tho ragnarok is already basically 3 star Thor).

4**** Thor

Red ability costs 4 ap, does 500 damage per a yellow tile on the board and destroys all black tiles causing cascade. The rest is gravy lol...
  • this thread needs preparation for tomorrow. when lightning rounds begin and once again show the insanity of ragnarok with boosts, everyone will come screaming for a nerf again.
  • forgrim wrote:
    this thread needs preparation for tomorrow. when lightning rounds begin and once again show the insanity of ragnarok with boosts, everyone will come screaming for a nerf again.

*looks at tournament list*

What is this "tomorrow" of which you speak?
  • i clearly didn't realize lightning rounds were starting today. forgive me, old friend.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i clearly didn't realize lightning rounds were starting today. forgive me, old friend.

I'll think about it, but don't let it happen again! icon_lol.gif
  • Hey, I just noticed that Ragnarok's red doesn't target yellow tiles (would be funnier if it were his green). Has it been like this?
  • I've seen lots of talk about Rag with Wolverine. Why not Rag, C.Storm, Daken? You get strike tiles for free and can use Storm to generate more AP for Rag.
  • Daken's level cap is too **** for me to use him. He's great starting out - I think I beat most of the campaign with him and wolverine since they have so little downtime. But at some point everyone else on your team is pushing level 100 and he can't hold his own anymore icon_e_sad.gif

If they gave him a 3rd skill and raised his cap to 85 maybe it he would be okay. But the third skill probably wouldn't be that great since he has 2 really good skills already. And by the time they do that, I'll hopefully be at 3*s fully so it'll be the same situation of lvl 141+ vs lvl 85.
  • Daken's strike tiles are weak. Wolverine's slash hits around 500 easily. And when you're doin it several times, it adds up fast. Plus, storm would probably knock out a bunch of strike tiles.
  • With all of the calls for Ragnarok to be nerfed, I have been considering what the best, most elegant way to do this that would reduce his power but still keep him viable. I believe that a slight tweak to his green ability, Godlike Power, would accomplish this. Currently, Ragnarok destroys the tiles so completely that they do not generate AP when he uses this ability. If Godlike Power was nerfed just enough that he still destroyed the tiles, but not so much that they no longer generated AP, then I feel he would be at the appropriate level for proper game balance.
  • icon_lol.gif Thanks for the laugh
  • Lol. Ragnarok has a green power? Who knew?
  • Misguided wrote:
    Lol. Ragnarok has a green power? Who knew?

Haaaaate.
  • Nah, I think they just need to give him a 3rd power/ability.
    This means people will rely less on the red/green ones icon_e_smile.gif
  • In a way...ragnarok is like playing as a boss character in street fighter 2 championship edition. Clearly ovwrpowered for the sake of the "campaign" and directly translated over from the campaign to the multiplayer making them very strong opponents. Perhaps even too strong. Afterall, he is basically the last battle of the prologue and is looked at as the uber of the team.

There probably should be a Nerf.....that he doeant count as a villain and so he doesn't get a boost for any events. Would be all it takes. He only feels SO cheap because of the impossible to down Lvl of health coming from huge event boosts.
  • Lol the Ragnarok NOW! Comics are just about to start! Hopefully the Uncanny Avengers can show us the way to destroy him!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ShavedDome
    ShavedDome Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks this rag is totally over powered?

I know I am fairly new but no matter what combo I use against him I get toasted. I end up just just skipping all the rounds that use him so will never place well.

Hate whining but frustrated to the point of saying screw it. Really don't want to cause I love the game man.

Suggestions?

ShavedDome
  • Registered just to say how OP Rags is; you're my new fave poster already.

(No, this is not sarcasm)
  • ShavedDome
    ShavedDome Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Lol. Thanks. Figured it was a more positive wwy to respond to my frustration rather than just bouncing my phone against the wall.

I know the answer is to build mine up but stuck at level 18 - 1/1. Ugh.