*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Comments

• I have a high level rags earned the hard way, but I couldn't care less either way. So meh is my answer. Every 3 star cover is pretty powerful once leveled up. And plenty have abilities as if not more annoying than rags. Just less hp.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    I have a high level rags earned the hard way, but I couldn't care less either way. So meh is my answer. Every 3 star cover is pretty powerful once leveled up. And plenty have abilities as if not more annoying than rags. Just less hp.

I would be fine if he just got a HP nerf actually. It doesn't change how he plays at all.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    I have a high level rags earned the hard way, but I couldn't care less either way. So meh is my answer. Every 3 star cover is pretty powerful once leveled up. And plenty have abilities as if not more annoying than rags. Just less hp.

I would be fine if he just got a HP nerf actually. It doesn't change how he plays at all.

Actually it would because it would be much more important to safeguard a more fragile Ragnarok with a stunlock character or risk getting taken out by a first-turn cascade.

Right now, at high levels, Ragnarok can survive taking a beating, and that's presumably by design.

I have a 4/2 Ragnarok and closing in on getting my 5th red cover, so pretty soon, I'll be part of the problem.

C. Storm was, for the longest time, the most complained-about character and easily one of the most important characters in the meta, if not arguably the most important. So where'd all that bile and hatred go?

If Ragnarok needs to be nerfed/tweaked/whatever, I don't really care either way.
  • someguy wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:

Actually it would because it would be much more important to safeguard a more fragile Ragnarok with a stunlock character or risk getting taken out by a first-turn cascade.

Right now, at high levels, Ragnarok can survive taking a beating, and that's presumably by design.

I have a 4/2 Ragnarok and closing in on getting my 5th red cover, so pretty soon, I'll be part of the problem.

C. Storm was, for the longest time, the most complained-about character and easily one of the most important characters in the meta, if not arguably the most important. So where'd all that bile and hatred go?

If Ragnarok needs to be nerfed/tweaked/whatever, I don't really care either way.

Well, c.storm was the great equalizer for casuals against Rags. Now, there is no hope icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    I have no issue with Rags, I do have an issue with buffed characters though - I don't see the point of buffing selected characters it limits variety in tournaments and more often than not the buff applies to characters that are good enough in their own right.

oh and I don't have a Rag cover.
  • It took me lots of days just to max my ragnarok from 15 to max level. You must be nuts to ask if I want to nerf him ! so Meh
  • Aiolia wrote:
    It took me lots of days just to max my ragnarok from 15 to max level. You must be nuts to ask if I want to nerf him ! so Meh

Then you should vote for the 3rd option...
  • I think he's completely overpowered, and anyone looking at him in the design stage should have seen that immediately. However, I also think if I had gone to all the trouble to level him and then it got changed, I'd be pretty unhappy.

If I had gotten a red cover the other day, instead of green, I'd probably have spent HP to get it up to 4 or 5, and I'd be laughing gleefully as I destroyed everything in my path.
  • Normally I don't think he's too overpowered. Maybe 10-20% too powerful due to the giant cascades he can easily produce with minimal AP. The problem, as was pointed out in last week's lightning rounds, is that it's just stupid to give him a 200% power boost. Then they doubled up on the poor decision making by buffing his HPs this week. You would think that common sense might kick in at some point.
  • ccseifert wrote:
    Normally I don't think he's too overpowered. Maybe 10-20% too powerful due to the giant cascades he can easily produce with minimal AP. The problem, as was pointed out in last week's lightning rounds, is that it's just stupid to give him a 200% power boost. Then they doubled up on the poor decision making by buffing his HPs this week. You would think that common sense might kick in at some point.

The HP buff is what irks me too. And as what the others have said, this widens the gap between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots'. Reminds me of this:

Q: What do you need to make a small fortune on Wall St?
    A: A big fortune.
  • He's the strongest character in the game and always has been. The only difference from before and now is that everyone had c.Storm and no one had Rag.

I thought Wolvie's health and attack would be a gamechanger due to his high level, but according the max stats thread it's not much better than Rag's health and attack, despite having an extra 100 levels.

That being said, I honestly don't really care whether nerfs come or not. Nerfing c.Storm and Daken was hillarious to say the least. I'd rather see 1- and 2-star buffs tbh, especially since the people who can best win 3-stars are those who already have 3-stars.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    While I think Ragnarok is the strongest character in the game, I don't think he's too overpowered. His attacks don't do THAT much damage, but relies mainly on a chance of a cascade. In most tournaments, I really don't mind Ragnarok that much. This lightning tourney, though...makes it look pretty bad.
  • I voted "yes", but must add a caveat:

Not requesting a total nerf (as happened to Loki). Just a tweak....

Maybe red ability costs 4 AP....
  • If his red cost 3 he'd still be very powerful and not insane. Instead of a one man team, you'd have to help him ot with irno man mk 40 or something.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    If his red cost 3 he'd still be very powerful and not insane. Instead of a one man team, you'd have to help him ot with irno man mk 40 or something.

Yeah, I think an appropriate nerf would just be an extra AP cost for red. It'll make the damage on par with Thor's red skill, but with the additional green tiles, and just the ability to fire the skill when you have less AP.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    If his red cost 3 he'd still be very powerful and not insane. Instead of a one man team, you'd have to help him ot with irno man mk 40 or something.

He's easily defeated if he's by himself. There's the level 115 ragnarok in the prologue. He's not hard to beat.
  • Should we nerf Thor?

Iron man 35 can't do as much damage as thor for the same amount of Red AP
    Thor has more HP

It's hard to beat Thor with Iron Man. Thor generates yellow tiles but Iron Man 35 can't. Thor is too powerful.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    He's easily defeated if he's by himself. There's the level 115 ragnarok in the prologue. He's not hard to beat.

Easily devoured in that scenario.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Should we nerf Thor?

Iron man 35 can't do as much damage as thor for the same amount of Red AP
    Thor has more HP

It's hard to beat Thor with Iron Man. Thor generates yellow tiles but Iron Man 35 can't. Thor is too powerful.

Could we please stay on topic?
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:

Let me know if you ever encounter one in PVP by himself