*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

2456752

Comments

  • AI characters only use any of their abilities once per turn. The only way you are seeing multiple thunderclaps is if your whole team is stunned and it will reset the counter as such. I've fought a whole load of Ragnarok teams and never seen him use red or green powers more than once in a single turn (ie no stun, so it passes to me at the end of his actions).

    If it didn't do this, I could see the AI decimating a lot of player teams, the way we decimate them! True PvP would also be a bit of a farce, as the first person to power up their abilities would more than likely lock down the other player. Not sure anyone would want to sit there regularly watching their team get smashed!
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.

    I think this fact is lost on some people who call for character nerfs. He's a 3 star character, he costs a lot to build up and therefore it's not unreasonable to expect him to be powerful. I know that's not great for F2Pers, but bottom line I think it's fair for those who monetarily support this game.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok is my most powerful minion, it would be a great insult to Dormammu to nerf him.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    AI characters only use any of their abilities once per turn.


    Oops, that's a better way of putting it than "once per round" as round could be confused with your three tries, sorry if that caused any confusion
  • The Ladder wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.

    I think this fact is lost on some people who call for character nerfs. He's a 3 star character, he costs a lot to build up and therefore it's not unreasonable to expect him to be powerful. I know that's not great for F2Pers, but bottom line I think it's fair for those who monetarily support this game.

    I think we have figured out who the ladder has on his team! icon_lol.gif but seriously, the game is in beta, just because someone is spending money on it doesn't mean they get to keep their OP characters! That's their fault for spending money on a beta where anything and everything can change.. Having a super powerful skill that takes 2 red ap is just tinykitty!
  • sms4002 wrote:
    I think we have figured out who the ladder has on his team! icon_lol.gif but seriously, the game is in beta, just because someone is spending money on it doesn't mean they get to keep their OP characters! That's their fault for spending money on a beta where anything and everything can change.. Having a super powerful skill that takes 2 red ap is just tinykitty!


    It only does a bit over 600 damage at lvl 115 for 2 AP at lvl 5 red skill. If you compare it to Thor's red skill, It's not that strong. Thor's costs 6 AP at lvl 5 red skill and does around 1000 or more (not sure how much at lvl 85, don't have a lvl 85 Thor). They both generate tiles, but really, Ragnarok is a 3* and harder to get covers for, so it's only natural that his ability is a little better. This is especially true considering Ragnarok's 2nd skill does garbage damage (~200-300) and relies solely on luck and rng to trigger cascades.

    If you guys think Ragnarok should be nerfed, they should probably consider nerfing Thor as well. He has high HP, low/mid AP costs, and is pretty much a harder hitting Ragnarok.. His skills ALL do a ton of damage and the first two generate AP.. all that AND he's only a 2* with level cap of 85 that is super easy to get covers for.
  • I don't really see it as a problem. I've faced Rag about 40 times and only had this happen to me twice.

    You just have to prioritize who you attack based on their danger. So, Rag usually gets stunned first and then killed. If someone has a Thor/Rag/C. Storm team .. well that's what the skip button is for. icon_e_smile.gif
  • If somebody has a Thor/Rag/Cstorm team, go for storm first. Any teams with her, you always go for her first
  • The problem with that is in the time it takes to eliminate C.Storm, Rag can trigger one of his cascades and start feeding AP to Thor/C.Storm. Then you're in for a world of hurt.
  • I rarely have any problems fighting C.storm/rag teams because I prioritize matching all the reds for myself. Sometimes the AI gets some reds in, but they like to prioritize greens more often
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    If somebody has a Thor/Rag/Cstorm team, go for storm first. Any teams with her, you always go for her first

    I'm not looking forward to the eventual Ragnarok, Classic Storm, The Hood teams. It's the ultimate catch 22. I Kinda hope the devs do some internal testing on them because that combo is stupid broken. The worst (or best, depending on how sadistic you are) is it's not obvious at a glance so you'll lure a lot of hapless victims into your trap on defense.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    If somebody has a Thor/Rag/Cstorm team, go for storm first. Any teams with her, you always go for her first

    I'm not looking forward to the eventual Ragnarok, Classic Storm, The Hood teams. It's the ultimate catch 22. I Kinda hope the devs do some internal testing on them because that combo is stupid broken. The worst (or best, depending on how sadistic you are) is it's not obvious at a glance so you'll lure a lot of hapless victims into your trap on defense.

    Having experimented with The Hood, he seems even squishier than Storm. I'm not really concerned about him. In a C. Storm vs. C. Storm match, one single trigger of C. Storm's yellow seems like it would cripple or OHKO him.

    I'm not sure who the best partner for Rag / C. Storm is yet. Obviously in this week's tourney, it's Thor. Long-term, in the current meta, maybe Model 40 Iron Man? Those are the only guys I can think of that have good color synergy and are decently tanky. I guess there's also Classic Magneto to feed Rag red (I think that's how Magneto's purple works?), but that guy is also really squishy. I dunno.

    I played against several C. Storm / Marvel NOW! Magnetos this weekend and had no trouble beating any of them. Using Magneto to feed C. Storm blue sounds like a great idea in theory but both characters seem way, way too squishy in practice.
  • Case in point.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Don't know if they're going to nerf him.. it would be a big slap in the face to people who spent HP if they do, considering they had sales last week with + chance to get Ragnarok.

    I think this fact is lost on some people who call for character nerfs. He's a 3 star character, he costs a lot to build up and therefore it's not unreasonable to expect him to be powerful. I know that's not great for F2Pers, but bottom line I think it's fair for those who monetarily support this game.

    They nerfed Loki, but they compensated me. Turn up to 10 red and 10 yellow to purple. Crazy
  • Bugpop wrote:
    They nerfed Loki, but they compensated me. Turn up to 10 red and 10 yellow to purple. Crazy

    I'm sure that if you write a well-constructed complaint to their support they will do all they can to help you. Shame that Loki is so useless now.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    I rarely have any problems fighting C.storm/rag teams because I prioritize matching all the reds for myself. Sometimes the AI gets some reds in, but they like to prioritize greens more often
    That's cause you are on even ground with them at the start because your guys are the same level. Much different story when you are David taking on Goliath.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    They nerfed Loki, but they compensated me. Turn up to 10 red and 10 yellow to purple. Crazy

    I'm sure that if you write a well-constructed complaint to their support they will do all they can to help you. Shame that Loki is so useless now.

    What was the compensation? If you had a max level Loki I'll completely understand the anger. That old ability seems completely bonkers.
  • Ragnarok desperately needs to be nerfed. Not because he is difficult to fight against, while he has the potential to set up a cascade that will beat you down in seconds (infinitely worse in the current lightening rounds with him being 200% better), but because he simply removes all challenge out of the game.

    I can say this confidently because I have been using him for a couple of weeks now, and I really REALLY want to use another character but simply none of them come close to the easy mode that is Ragnarok.

    1. 2 AP for damage and 5 green tiles is ridiculously cheap.
    2. Even with almost no green tiles on the board a measly 6AP will give you 15 green and at least 1 auto match.
    3. Combine with Daken for passive strike tiles, or wolverine for active strike tiles + extra damage (again for a poxy 3AP) and you will have a board full of strike tiles and be doing 500+ with a 3 tile match in no time flat.
    4. In pvp in the last few minutes where burning through as many opponents as possible is key to get the points you need and stay ahead of the losses you are taking from being beaten down by everyone else, being able to go in with 6red, 6 green (to feed wolv strike tiles), and other spare colours to keep your 3rd character fed it is incredibly rare for an opponent to last more than about 3-4 turns.

    I have spent time building up 3star magneto, 3star spidey, playing around with hood for countdown time goodness with 2star mag or hawkeye, brute force with Thor, and frankly ... while they are better, more clever combos, and ultimately more satisfying ... they are just pathetically weak compared to the murder factory that is Ragnarok.

    I have spent hero points on rag to get his red skill to 5 and I will happily watch them wasted if the dev's will nerf him to provide some balance and alternatives.
  • Aleatory wrote:
    1. 2 AP for damage and 5 green tiles is ridiculously cheap.

    Even if it did zero damage on its own, it would still be ridiculous.
  • The skill needs to produce less green. If it did, problem solved. The damage is rough, but he only uses it once per turn on defence. The issue is that he generates so much green, he'll get easy extra turns and just keep pummeling you. I say, keep the damage and lower the green tiles to 2. Or alternatively, raise the cost to 3 and lower the tiles to 3 or 4.
Sign In or Register to comment.