*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Comments

• I can't get a tile match every time with 3 thunderclaps. I can't say that I can get a tile match every time with 4. Thats why I go out of my way to match a red on my first turn, and to be sure, the second turn. Depends on the luck of my opponent and what tiles are on the board.

I used Ragnarok in the widow weekend tournament. I used enough boosts to give me 6 red and 6 green. I would use three thunderclaps. At 19 Green I would use 5/5 sniper rifle and annihilate the opponent. It wasn't unusual not to get an instant match but there were several times there wasn't a way for me to get a match. I decided to match reds if I could on the first and second turn. There were a couple instances where after 6 thunderclaps, there weren't any immediate matches. I had to look for a way to match 5+ to get the extra turn and to make it cascade to get +13 Green AP. It was annoying because I wanted it to be fast, and to be fast it had to be automatic.
  • forgrim wrote:
    question isn't if he needs fixing, but if he is to be fixed, what would fix him?

the damage on the ability is low, so can't really nerf that anymore, decrease til generation? or increase the ap cost and create the same amount of tiles? then you'll have to increase damage also to compensate for the higher ap cost.

then he's a duplicate of thor. that's just boring.

edit: basically, how can he be fixed isntead of complaining about nerfing him. i don't run a rag (yet) so i have nothing emotionally invested in this.

I don't think he's broken. I think that he has good chemistry with several heroes. If it were villains vs heroes, there would be absolutely no complaints.

I might take that back.
    How many villains use green?

People would complain how weak he is, as a villain, because he doesn't have good chemistry with other villains.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    question isn't if he needs fixing, but if he is to be fixed, what would fix him?

the damage on the ability is low, so can't really nerf that anymore, decrease til generation? or increase the ap cost and create the same amount of tiles? then you'll have to increase damage also to compensate for the higher ap cost.

then he's a duplicate of thor. that's just boring.

edit: basically, how can he be fixed isntead of complaining about nerfing him. i don't run a rag (yet) so i have nothing emotionally invested in this.

I don't think he's broken. I think that he has good chemistry with several heroes. If it were villains vs heroes, there would be absolutely no complaints.

I might take that back.
    How many villains use green?

People would complain how weak he is, as a villain, because he doesn't have good chemistry with other villains.

Daken utilizes green. Only other one is juggy at the moment. Not great synergy but it exists
  • Ok, here is the deal: I've never found a Ragnarok. The ppl who found it has been the most benefited. Almost all lighting rounds he is buffed and now I have to deal with 19k life Ragnaroks, that deal 1k dmg per round at least. ****! There is no chance to beat something like this. I see ppl with a lvl 100 Rag and 2 lvls 15 make the first place. There is no strategy in this. I think this is broken. He is too overpower for the moment. Only 2 red to attack? Make it at least 6, just like Thor. That is my sugestion.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Ragnarok is fine and dandy in normal play, hell before they shifted the health buffs even when he was 200% buffed he was still beatable by c-storm/thor combos, but the amount of sheer health and presence he has now makes the lightning rounds just not any fun to play.

When it came to the over presence of C-storm, she was easily counterable. You strike her first, and she doesn't have much health because she's a glass cannon. You could easily deal with her and dispatch the teams without utter destruction to your team. But this Ragnarok thing is just too much. =/

Edit: The other big deal in comparison is before they switched the rewards around, pretty much everyone who wanted C-storm could get her in the campaign. Ragnarok? Not so much. I've been playing this game for a while now, and gotten two top-2's in the past couple of weeks, yet I have never even had the luck to stumble on a single Rag cover. If you're going to buff a character up to that amount of massive amounts, the best way to do it is to give everyone a shot at it, in my opinion.
  • please see the post in the character discussion page, there's a huge thread about the ragnarok overpoweredness, and suggestions on how to maybe fix him. (raising it to 6 would make him a mirror replica of thor which really...would not be good)
  • I disagree. Rag needs to be buffed. He only has two abilities. If anyone needs a nerf, it's c.Storm. They need to stop beating around the bush with these indirect nerfs and just nerf her directly already.
  • I disagree. Rag needs to be buffed. He only has two abilities. If anyone needs a nerf, it's c.Storm. They need to stop beating around the bush with these indirect nerfs and just nerf her directly already.

lol two OVERPOWERED abilities. C storm already got her nerf.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    sms4002 wrote:
    I disagree. Rag needs to be buffed. He only has two abilities. If anyone needs a nerf, it's c.Storm. They need to stop beating around the bush with these indirect nerfs and just nerf her directly already.

lol two OVERPOWERED abilities. C storm already got her nerf.

He's just being a jerk, don't encourage him.
  • I'll bet that the majority of actual money the developers get is from people paying for HC and/or ISO to upgrade their characters skills/levels once they're lucky enough to find a cover as powerful as Rag's. Speaking from experience, it's a thrill to get Ragnarok and a HUGE temptation to spend real money to upgrade him. I still don't have a green cover and I cross my fingers every time I have a chance at one. Nerfing a character like this is not likely as long as folks are willing to fund development to get him. I appreciate this as an incredible business model as a developer, frankly it's genius - but as a gamer it's hard to fight others who have these buffed chars on their teams!

\(*_*)/
  • Ragnarok is quite limited, he's just popular since he works well with other characters. He's much easier to manage in the 3* tournament. Using Ragnarok and G.Widow make a great pair. Ragnarok is over represented because people who had him leveled him up at the expense of other 3* characters.

They will nerf 3* characters if necessary. Loki used to have Transmogrification which at 1/5 would would convert up to 10 Red and 10 Yellow to purple (20 tiles) for 11 AP. I believe each level reduced the cost by 1 AP. I recall that I had enough upgrades to require only 3 black matches, (two boosts and one black match) to activate it. They swapped the color of trickery from purple to black, and now we have illusions.
    The only thing storm maybe needs is to change tempest o single target retaliation. I'd even prefer it changed to a team heal about on par with spidey's heal.
  • Pentagoon wrote:
    I'll bet that the majority of actual money the developers get is from people paying for HC and/or ISO to upgrade their characters skills/levels once they're lucky enough to find a cover as powerful as Rag's. Speaking from experience, it's a thrill to get Ragnarok and a HUGE temptation to spend real money to upgrade him. I still don't have a green cover and I cross my fingers every time I have a chance at one. Nerfing a character like this is not likely as long as folks are willing to fund development to get him. I appreciate this as an incredible business model as a developer, frankly it's genius - but as a gamer it's hard to fight others who have these buffed chars on their teams!

\(*_*)/
    $11 a pop to pay to upgrade one of his covers? Who would pay that.
  • dmendro wrote:
    I disagree. Rag needs to be buffed. He only has two abilities. If anyone needs a nerf, it's c.Storm. They need to stop beating around the bush with these indirect nerfs and just nerf her directly already.
    The only thing storm maybe needs is to change tempest o single target retaliation. I'd even prefer it changed to a team heal about on par with spidey's heal.

With a name like Elemental BARRIER, you'd think it'd be a defensive ability lol.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    dmendro wrote:
    Pentagoon wrote:
    I'll bet that the majority of actual money the developers get is from people paying for HC and/or ISO to upgrade their characters skills/levels once they're lucky enough to find a cover as powerful as Rag's. Speaking from experience, it's a thrill to get Ragnarok and a HUGE temptation to spend real money to upgrade him. I still don't have a green cover and I cross my fingers every time I have a chance at one. Nerfing a character like this is not likely as long as folks are willing to fund development to get him. I appreciate this as an incredible business model as a developer, frankly it's genius - but as a gamer it's hard to fight others who have these buffed chars on their teams!

\(*_*)/

More along the lines of $7.59 a cover for the random chance or $8.62 for the guaranteed skill up, when buying the $20 HP package. The trick was to get him when the higher chance to pull him was only 250 HP and buy a ton of packs.

Math:

2900 HP for $20 = 145 HP per $1.

1100 HP / 145 HP per $1 = $7.59
    1250 HP / 145 HP per $1 = $8.62
  • Bainee wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    Pentagoon wrote:

\(*_*)/

More along the lines of $7.59 a cover for the random chance or $8.62 for the guaranteed skill up, when buying the $20 HP package. The trick was to get him when the higher chance to pull him was only 250 HP and buy a ton of packs.

Math:

2900 HP for $20 = 145 HP per $1.

1100 HP / 145 HP per $1 = $7.59
    1250 HP / 145 HP per $1 = $8.62

Or you could just get max cover slots and get the entire roster.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    dmendro wrote:

With a name like Elemental BARRIER, you'd think it'd be a defensive ability lol.

Somewhere around R39 I think it changed to Raging Tempest
  • Bezerrin wrote:
    Ok, here is the deal: I've never found a Ragnarok. The ppl who found it has been the most benefited. Almost all lighting rounds he is buffed and now I have to deal with 19k life Ragnaroks, that deal 1k dmg per round at least. ****! There is no chance to beat something like this. I see ppl with a lvl 100 Rag and 2 lvls 15 make the first place. There is no strategy in this. I think this is broken. He is too overpower for the moment. Only 2 red to attack? Make it at least 6, just like Thor. That is my sugestion.

Rerailing the topic back to Ragnarok. (although it should be moved to character discussion)

When executed with 8-13 blue and a matching number of red on the board, a buffed Level 80 C.Magneto can do 10,000 to 15,000 at 10 purple. I have a lineup that can perform this reliably.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    dmendro wrote:

Somewhere around R39 I think it changed to Raging Tempest

Oh. That shows how much I pay attention XD
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    I have a mid level Ragnarok and am torn lol. I understand the view of both camps. There will definitely be some rage quitting from the spenders if Rags is nerfed too hard. But casuals may leave if something is not done.

Edited to add final poll results.

Item - Vote - % of Total Vote
    Yes: I have a high level Rag but he's stupid good and ruins the game - 7 - 7%
    Yes: I don't have a high level Rag so nerf him to even up the playing field! - 30 - 30%
    No: I have a high level Rag so you better not take him away from me! - 23 - 23%
    No: I don't have a high level Rag but it's a goal of mine to one day have one. - 22 - 22%
    Meh. - 18 - 18%