Supports are coming to PVP

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker

Supports are coming to PVP in the upcoming Soul Power Stone Season on June 27th!

Here's all you need to know about how they'll be implemented and what you can expect from this exciting new feature: https://mpq.social/pvpsupports

ยซ13456789

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh crikey...

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,211 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 June 2024, 20:46
    Options

Wee aunt may/Emma can one hit kill in pvp now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Just think of the week when they are boosted

Why can I play any level in pve but pvp is cap at level 8 (can't go lower)

Shouldnt pve be cap as well

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm happy to have them in pvp but I only ever wanted them on offence not for defence. I'd rather people could punch up faster.

Anyway I don't think this will go well and I don't care either way as long as they don't nerf supports for pve.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ok

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

EB and I agree on this. It is a horrifically bad idea. I do not know why they would want to do this at all. PVP has enough issues and introducing supports does not help any of them.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interested to see how this works out.

At the bleeding edge, I imagine PvP will be like EB says.

But for a majority of players it probably won't cause turn 1 losses because those players don't have the supports or teams to pull it off.

On the downside, I expect health pack usage to soar since the AI will be firing a lot more powers.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options

Do we specifically know if they will be on defense as well? Did I just overread it?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options

Does it clarify if supports are on for defense? Are we just assuming your defensive team includes the supports you had on offence?

• entrailbucket
    edited 19 June 2024, 21:24
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    Does it clarify if supports are on for defense? Are we just assuming your defensive team includes the supports you had on offence?

The post shows a picture of them attached to a defensive team.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

The RNG is just plain horrible lately, so NO supports in PVP please... as it is, AI can win in turn 2 already...

• entrailbucket
    Options

Honestly this would be fine if they'd just killed the free AP supports first.

What's funny is that they're going to end up doing that anyway, but now we'll have to sit through a few seasons of misery/insanity before they get to it.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options

Sounds fun. It will probably cause a lot of chaos next season.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

On the downside, I expect health pack usage to soar since the AI will be firing a lot more powers.

KGB

This! I already run through health packs like my hair is on fire so boo for me. If health pack usage does increase, that'll be the only real effect for me(that I can forsee). Offense, defense or both, having supports in pvp isn't going to change anything for me placement wise. I'm forever going to be looking up at the same two dozen names every season.

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

Not a good idea at all, it's bad enough with boosted 5 star characters. and now this ๐Ÿ‘Ž terrible.

• Tac
    Tac Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

time to only farm 50 wins and give up on top X rewards I guess