What if any of these 20 buck 1 stars worth it if any

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kind of shocked another one hasn't popped up yet (anyone remember how often these show)

If they do offer vemon I'm going to say week of Feb 12 at the soonest

Besides that one vault that u could buy with hp. Anyone remember if any others were offered

Really need to start playing more now that I'm mostly bored with s n a p. Maybe I come back home here

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

Venom is already available to buy now.

• slidecage
    edited 26 January 2024, 17:52
    Options

@trenchdigger said:
    Venom is already available to buy now.

Really when did it pop up (had be today or was overlooking the bugger ).

Wonder what his stats are sucks how many vemons covers wasted could probably have him 550

The bonus rewards don't stack do they meaning if you do 2 purchases you still only get 3o days

Might have to buy him this weekend

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options

Looking at Ascended Venom's numbers, they seem really low for a 5*, especially his green at 5 covers is extremely low. Don't know if he's worth the $20 price tag.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Akatosh said:
    Looking at Ascended Venom's numbers, they seem really low for a 5*, especially his green at 5 covers is extremely low. Don't know if he's worth the $20 price tag.

You're not wrong on the green but the black is insane. Also if you're looking at the numbers in game by clicking on the deal they are not right.

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@Akatosh said:

You're not wrong on the green but the black is insane. Also if you're looking at the numbers in game by clicking on the deal they are not right.

Yeah, just realized this when looking a someone's reddit post.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah..he’s worth it

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Akatosh said:

You buy them for the loot; any utility is bonus. FAR better bang per buck than, say "VIP" LOL

• slidecage
    Options

How bad does 3. 550 effect you. Compair to say 2. And then one. 5 star around 490 Just in pvp or pve as well. All unboosted.

Did vemon and juggie. Didn't know how bad it would effect me buying more

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

2 550s put you into 550 MMR for pvp.
    No influence on pve.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    How bad does 3. 550 effect you. Compair to say 2. And then one. 5 star around 490 Just in pvp or pve as well. All unboosted.

Once you have one 550 you are in the 550 MMR zone. More won't change that.

You could pause your purchased 5s if you want, apply covers to lower level copies. You can always apply more later. It's not a race, not really....

Of course, in PVE these characters will be strong assets with huge match damage. 1Spidey5 is awesome.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

You could pause your purchased 5s if you want, apply covers to lower level copies. You can always apply more later. It's not a race, not really....

Of course, in PVE these characters will be strong assets with huge match damage. 1Spidey5 is awesome.

It's way, way more complicated than that. There are multiple tiers to "550 matchmaking," and the entire thing very heavily depends on what PvP slice you're in, when you're playing, and your score.

• bluewolf
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

It's way, way more complicated than that. There are multiple tiers to "550 matchmaking," and the entire thing very heavily depends on what PvP slice you're in, when you're playing, and your score.

Sure, that's true. But in general you will be shown to other people with 550s after you gain enough points much more often (aka a lot, once you are about 400-500 pts or so in a typical slice) than a person with a 490 5, and vice versa.

Anyway once you have 2 or 3 of them you'll be solidly into it. Doesn't mean you won't be offered lower level 5s to fight if you are climbing from below and their points are high enough, or few 550s are out and you are finding smaller teams chasing wins who are the only people unshielded, or whatever.

• entrailbucket
    edited 30 January 2024, 19:59
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

Sure, that's true. But in general you will be shown to other people with 550s after you gain enough points much more often (aka a lot, once you are about 400-500 pts or so in a typical slice) than a person with a 490 5, and vice versa.

Anyway once you have 2 or 3 of them you'll be solidly into it. Doesn't mean you won't be offered lower level 5s to fight if you are climbing from below and their points are high enough, or few 550s are out and you are finding smaller teams chasing wins who are the only people unshielded, or whatever.

I have like 36 550s now, I think, and I've gone entire events without seeing another 550 character. I've had other events were it's an unbreakable wall of them from 0 to 1200. I've had events where 4* teams repeatedly beat my 672s from 0 points when I was nearly 1200. There is no "in general" and there are no hard-and-fast rules.

It's also a tremendous advantage to be able to queue these guys at the top of the metagame. Would you rather climb 30-40 points per win or 75? It's not like their teams are unbeatable, or even particularly difficult -- 4* players can beat lvl650 characters in PvE.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@slidecage said:

You already have two at 550 and one at 490?

Your MMR should be topped out if that's the case.

How are your other 5s?

• slidecage
    edited 30 January 2024, 23:28
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

@slidecage said:

How are your other 5s?

No once I open up my 3000. 1 star tokens it will push them to 550. Right now think juggie is 480 and vemon 463

Normal 5s. Kitty beta ect. I think. 470s range

Since mostly only do pve. I used to get 25 wins but haven't play pvp that much in long time. Maybe 1 or 2 fights per event It sounds like won't have a major effect on me. Was just thinking of buying the 1 stars every week they show up .. really haventbplayed much pve thst much as well just trying to comw hack to game now and put more time into it . Though doubt I every play like used to

Well at least. Iron man and spiderman (what would give me 4 1s. Pushed to 550.. what would push me back to around 130k. Hp). What should be enoght for at least 2 years.

Not sure if black widow . Hawkeye and other 2 be worth it

• entrailbucket
    Options

@slidecage said:

@JoeHandle said:

@slidecage said:

How are your other 5s?

No once I open up my 3000. 1 star tokens it will push them to 550. Right now think juggie is 480 and vemon 463

Normal 5s. Kitty beta ect. I think. 470s range

Since mostly only do pve. It sounds like won't have a major effect on me. Was just thinking of buying the 1 stars every week they show up

Well at least. Iron man and spiderman (what would give me 4 1s. Pushed to 550.. what would push me back to around 130k. Hp). What should be enoght for at least 2 years.

Not sure if black widow . Hawkeye and other 2 be worth it

The levels of your characters have no impact on the levels of the enemies you fight in PvE.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

25 wins player, usual pvp was play 15 wins with Shang and Half thor. Get smashed down hit 10 more easy Mthor Shang teams. Stop. Get smashed down to the 400's. Apart from when Chasm ruled.

I was a touch nervous. I had a 550 okoye 534 shang, 527 kitty.

Took venom, Spiderman and Juggs upto 550. My PVP changed these last two events but not for the worse. Quite a brutal boost week but I've flown through each event still being able to hit more than enough Shang and Thor everywhere from high 400's to 550's.

If I saw a slightly trickier team I just beat them up with Spider-man and Juggs. Went straight to 25 wins faster than I usual do 15 then 10. I'm sure there will be harder weeks but I still saw enough dross to hit that I didn't need to go near a ascended Juggs team and my pve and pvp got much faster.

Would have bought the 1* ascended for the rewards alone, wasn't expecting this speed bonus.

• bluewolf
    Options

It’s interesting how a moderate expenditure (in the vast range of money people spend on the game, $160 for all the 1-5s really isn’t that much), along with a hoard of standard tokens can take you to the same roster level as people who spent thousands and thousands of dollars.