What if any of these 20 buck 1 stars worth it if any

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How many points did that player have when you queued them?

If the theory is that there's some massive silent group that suddenly can't play PvP at all but refuses to complain about it in any public forum, there's no way to dispute that. But I think it's far more likely that nobody's complaining because all of these folks are just fine.

The offensive player has such a huge advantage in this game that it's possible to win almost any match. Softcappers at like lvl270 are trivially destroying CL10 PvE, vs like lvl650 opponents. I'm running 672s in many events and I lose to crazy low-level stuff all the time.

Some people want to play easymode PvP and use fully covered characters to stomp noobs, and that's fine, I guess, but punching up is possible and has always been possible. Nobody gets locked out, because harder matches are still winnable.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does just under 12k to the enemy and just over 12k to himself. Meh.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

...mine shows about 50k each way. For 6. When he's boosted it'll be double that.

• Daredevil217
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:

...mine shows about 50k each way. For 6. When he's boosted it'll be double that.

At 450?

• entrailbucket
    Options

At 450.

• Daredevil217
    Options

Oh weird. I just previewed the offer and that’s what it showed. 50k is much better.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

The difference between red at 4 covers and 5 covers is very strange. I would run this at 5/4/4

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

113k health too at 450

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Oh weird. I just previewed the offer and that’s what it showed. 50k is much better.

There's something wrong with the number when viewing the preview on the offer. Yelena had the same issue, someone here said Yelena's traps would do 8-10k, the preview showed something like 2k.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Codex said:
    The difference between red at 4 covers and 5 covers is very strange. I would run this at 5/4/4

6ap vs 7ap is a massive difference. I have no problem paying extra health for that particular 1ap cost drop.

• Daredevil217
    Options

I wish I would have purchased all of these just for the rewards alone. I already have three 550s so it won’t mess with my MMR to level them. Luckily the offers are slowly coming back around. But I think of the covers I wasted not buying them in the beginning.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is red ability team-up eligible? Some many alliance members ask for green jugg team-up and many build out 5 green only juggs that I can't recall seeing a red team up.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Bought him, but he sucks. Massive health and a nuke that delivers 48k damage for 6AP, but he takes 50k damage using it. I suppose you can use his green for board shake and stack a lot of levels on him so you can one shot enemies and commit suicidebbjust figure on using a health pack every match.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    I wish I would have purchased all of these just for the rewards alone. I already have three 550s so it won’t mess with my MMR to level them. Luckily the offers are slowly coming back around. But I think of the covers I wasted not buying them in the beginning.

I did, and multiple Storms.
    These pay out 20k HP, which is a Stark, at 1/5 of the cost.
    And 50 pulls.

...and some ISO, I guess.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

But at 672, red will do 265k damage for 6AP. Sure he will self harm for 275k, but his health will also be 630k.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

I guess I’ll retract my first statement. He’ll be very valuable on defense. He’ll have a ton of hit points to chew through and his red will down anyone on your team. He just won’t be very health pack friendly.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well he's not downing 672s but yeah, he'll see some use.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bought it, bought Spider-man before and will buy Venom when he comes out. The others I will slowly progress. When Venom is in I can take those three straight to 550. Then I will stop opening and wait for Spider-man again or new 1*s.

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    How many points did that player have when you queued them?

If the theory is that there's some massive silent group that suddenly can't play PvP at all but refuses to complain about it in any public forum, there's no way to dispute that. But I think it's far more likely that nobody's complaining because all of these folks are just fine.

The offensive player has such a huge advantage in this game that it's possible to win almost any match. Softcappers at like lvl270 are trivially destroying CL10 PvE, vs like lvl650 opponents. I'm running 672s in many events and I lose to crazy low-level stuff all the time.

Some people want to play easymode PvP and use fully covered characters to stomp noobs, and that's fine, I guess, but punching up is possible and has always been possible. Nobody gets locked out, because harder matches are still winnable.

I don't think people are saying they cannot play pvp AT ALL. However, they make for easy targets and it has to be tough competing against OR, Colossus, mThor, etc at their new mmr. It likely does make their pve experience much better though.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Codex said:
    Is red ability team-up eligible? Some many alliance members ask for green jugg team-up and many build out 5 green only juggs that I can't recall seeing a red team up.

It's not. The new black probably is. I don't know why one would have built a green only Juggernaut before he got the black ability.