What if any of these 20 buck 1 stars worth it if any

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

And the HP.

I save up 3000 standards, bought 3 and got 60k hp. I'm saving standards to do that again with three more. I use my max Venom a lot when he's boosted with Chasm and rarely get touched.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    Re: 1-5 Venom, current offer time left is 2d 9h which basically means it was a 60 hour offer when it started.

For goodness's sake, he's a terrible toon and I wouldn't spend $20 on a second copy especially if you barely play the game.

The only advantage would be if you were using him heavily and didn't like using health packs.

I mean maybe you don't get a second chance to buy one before you add 80 levels (aka 320 covers) but it seems like you will not hit that mark for a while if you aren't playing PVP a lot (and I mean a LOT).

I have close to 4000 basic tokens I would not be buying to use but to score the 25k hp by max him out

I'm waiting till I have at least 6 of the one stars before I open the tokens

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

@bluewolf said:
    Re: 1-5 Venom, current offer time left is 2d 9h which basically means it was a 60 hour offer when it started.

For goodness's sake, he's a terrible toon and I wouldn't spend $20 on a second copy especially if you barely play the game.

The only advantage would be if you were using him heavily and didn't like using health packs.

I mean maybe you don't get a second chance to buy one before you add 80 levels (aka 320 covers) but it seems like you will not hit that mark for a while if you aren't playing PVP a lot (and I mean a LOT).

It could be a joke toon that eats AP and does nothing but self-damage. Still a buy, unless acquiring new copies outpaces my ability to maxchamp them. All the value is in radically upgrading the return on another 400 of the most common covers in the game.

Absolutely not superseding VIP program, which is is no way completely obsolete. No sir, these 5s are barely worth it to this unfailingly loyal VIP customer. No reason to stop rolling out these pitiful 1s that no one should ever buy.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

No one should buy? This are the only things I've bought in years. If one star ascended spider-man was boosted every week I would use him all the time.

I dislike PVP for reasons that would take it's own thread so for me these 1-5* Venom, juggs and Spidey have been absolute fire for me when boosted (I have them at 550). I run all three with half thor to 25 very quick wins then stick them out with someone else. No health packs, no drama. Abuse the hell out of green with Juggs and Venom. I fulfil my pvp requirement in one quick stint and can go back to pretenting that part of the game doesn't exist.

They also gave me 75K HP but I did have 3k standards sitting there. Almost 1/3rd of the way to my next 3k when I will pump 3 more.

• slidecage

Got another one

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:
    Got another one

Thanks for keeping the lights on for the rest of us.

KGB

• slidecage

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:
    Got another one

KGB

There is no way to write in for them to merge them is there. Meaning there is no way to merge all of the level 94# into the 450

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:
    Got another one

KGB

There is no way to write in for them to merge them is there. Meaning there is no way to merge all of the level 94# into the 450

Unfortunately no. Why would CS want to take on all the tickets that would generate, if you could?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:
    Got another one

KGB

Unfortunately no. Why would CS want to take on all the tickets that would generate, if you could?

Unless maybe you know the secret phrase?

Oh God, Jane Thunder me now!!!!!

I kid! There is no secret phrase for this unless...is there?

• slidecage

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:
    Got another one

KGB

Sad I have like 8 vemon step kids that will never get covers 😆

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 June 2024, 22:41

@bluewolf said:
    @entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

At 672 he's got like 500k health and his damage powers (while expensive) hit for 100k or something. He's also got "modern 5" match damage, and the 1 boost rotation is pretty frequent.

Sure, if you're the type of player who can collect 400 covers for your 1s he's pretty good. Not sure when he crosses the boundary into "better than many champed 5s" as far as levels go.

If you're at 470 after buying him like 4? 5? months ago spending another $20 on a second copy would be ill-advised. 1 seems like plenty for a player that only plays during very limited times.

However consider this. If your in the 5* phase of play, then these offers are the equivalent of hp buyclub. i.e. If your trying to keep up with the LT train, then these offers are much much better than a buyclub and its 144 cp. I agree i probably won't play venom on regular basis, but the value of the convert 1* covers to 5* reward is hard to ignore.

• slidecage

@Phumade said:

@bluewolf said:
    @entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

At 672 he's got like 500k health and his damage powers (while expensive) hit for 100k or something. He's also got "modern 5" match damage, and the 1 boost rotation is pretty frequent.

Sure, if you're the type of player who can collect 400 covers for your 1s he's pretty good. Not sure when he crosses the boundary into "better than many champed 5s" as far as levels go.

If you're at 470 after buying him like 4? 5? months ago spending another $20 on a second copy would be ill-advised. 1 seems like plenty for a player that only plays during very limited times.

However consider this. If your in the 5* phase of play, then these offers are the equivalent of hp buyclub. i.e. If your trying to keep up with the LT train, then these offers are much much better than a buyclub and its 144 cp. I agree i probably won't play venom on regular basis, but the value of the convert 1* covers to 5* reward is hard to ignore.

Face it does anyone really buy these 1 stars to use or do we buy them just for the rewards

Max him gives you 20k hp plus tons more stuff for 20

20k hp alone cost more then that . I doubt I ever use my 1s. I just want cheap hp . Spell check did cheap ho

I like that as well 😂

• JoeHandle

@slidecage said:

@Phumade said:

@bluewolf said:
    @entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

Face it does anyone really buy these 1 stars to use or do we buy them just for the rewards

Max him gives you 20k hp plus tons more stuff for 20

20k hp alone cost more then that . I doubt I ever use my 1s. I just want cheap hp . Spell check did cheap ho

I like that as well 😂

Almost all of that HP is backloaded into the last 25 levels.

Once you have a character that high (lvl 525+), you'll use them, esp when boosted, and each 1* is boosted 1 week out of every 4 weeks.

Sure, I bought them all for the loot (and will continue buying add'l copies as they are offered....), but the HP harvesting and usefulness are tied at the hip. Paid for the loot, any and all usage is "free" ... for however long I'm playing this game. Or they nerf them, or something.

• bluewolf

Supports in PvP…..hmmmm.

Definitely changes things a bit for some of the 1-5s.

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:
    Supports in PvP…..hmmmm.

Why...?

• bluewolf
    edited 20 June 2024, 18:38

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:
    Supports in PvP…..hmmmm.

Why...?

Example: 1-5 Venom is slow and needs to use his purple and green to make web tiles to bump black into instakill range. Equip the Totem Dagger and he's making some web tiles for free, doing more damage, etc.

Put the Power Stone on MBW, suddenly she's doing team stuns or stealing AP or whatever for free occasionally, and getting more purple to steal with.

Etc.

EDIT: I mean to say some of the 1-5s are not always the best option but get better with supports helping overcome AP costs, etc.

• JoeHandle
    edited 20 June 2024, 22:51

@bluewolf said:

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:
    Supports in PvP…..hmmmm.

Why...?

Example: 1-5 Venom is slow and needs to use his purple and green to make web tiles to bump black into instakill range. Equip the Totem Dagger and he's making some web tiles for free, doing more damage, etc.

Put the Power Stone on MBW, suddenly she's doing team stuns or stealing AP or whatever for free occasionally, and getting more purple to steal with.

Etc.

EDIT: I mean to say some of the 1-5s are not always the best option but get better with supports helping overcome AP costs, etc.

Oh goodness, it was meant as a positive comment. How odd ... how strange ... how unprecendented for this forum :D

Yes, several of the little godlings can benefit from supports.

Having my forum goggles in place, I suspected you were suggesting that supports in PvP would undermine the use of 1>5s in PvP, perhaps because you hadn't noticed (or remembered) that 1s and 2s, once ascended to at least 3*, can equip supports.

There are quite a few "natural" 5*s that can be particularly helped by supports as well. ince you mentioned the totem dagger, it will help Gwenom in a similar fashion as it will help 1Venom. It won't be enough help, but it will ameliorate one of her several shortcomings.

• slidecage
    edited 29 June 2024, 20:26

1 star spiderman accended to 3 for 1000hp

Think if they offer this one more time I got enough of these to accend one to 5.
    So may skip on spider if ever offer.

Need to see ranks. I think I had one at 266 and got one last time accended to 4

So got one accended to 4. Then the 3 star pop up today

So get that 4 stax Max. Then this 3 star max and boom next time offer should be able to accend to 5. Save me 20 bucks

Then again who am I kidding I probably by the sob if offered

• slidecage

1 star hawkeye accended to 3 for 1000hp

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards

5 star ascended storm offer just popped up