Jan 25. 1 star vemon accended to 5
March 21. 1 star storm accended 5

2 star
2 star mag. Accended to 3. 10 bucks

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just look at the AP cost and powers and decide if I will ever use them. Spider-Man I will and maybe Venom and Juggs. The rest I'm passing on. I will buy more Spider-men rather than raise the others up straight away to 5.

There will be more 1* coming as well and I would assume better built for this. So I'm happy to wait.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

lol and the one im working on is 1 star storm i dont think i got any other 1s close to it

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 January 2024, 17:43
    Options

Spider-Man is pretty good. I would have preferred it had they given him some decent web tile generation, but his crit nuke is no joke. I've lost a couple of flukey PvP matches to that.

I think Juggs is worth it because his powers are cheap and his green is a really nice board shake.

The rest are meh. A lot of people are interested in Venom. So, maybe?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Spider-Man is pretty good. I would have preferred it had they given him some decent web tile generation, but his crit nuke is no joke. I've lost a couple of flukey PvP matches to that.

I think Juggs is worth it because his powers are cheap and his green is a really nice board shake.

Have they sold a 5* Juggernaut yet? I haven't seen it...they seem to keep offering the same few. Does anybody have one? I'm curious how they adjusted his scaling at 5*.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

They have yet to offer Juggs in the store yet, and i can imagine if/when they do everyone and their mother will buy it. I’m curious to see what his health numbers are like at 5*.

All of them have at least value for the champ rewards as previously mentioned. My Spidey which i bought when it was offered the very first time is almost at 500 now and those rewards are nice to earn since you get those covers so frequently and with the low amount of them they’re boosted a lot more than other tiered characters. I think his red is doing 80k damage for me right now since he’s boosted currently.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Spider-Man when boosted can be very dodgy we are sure to eat a pink crit or red splash most of the fights as six AP is easy for AI with high health

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have 3 Storms now, and zero Juggs and Yelena, which makes me sad.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    edited 14 January 2024, 23:56
    Options

I have splashed out on each one made available so far, and can echo that Spider-Man is indeed the MVP for his low costs and frequent rotation.
    Iron-Man is no slouch if you have a decent Avenger's Tower support for him, and if you partner him with Deathlok to get the AP rolling in.
    Storm is weaker but not a dud by 5* standards, and if you equip the Power Stone on her when she's buffed she does a decent job.
    Black Widow and Hawkeye really are awful though - I do regret those purchases...

Yelena I would purchase if the opportunity presents, Juggernaut I'm a bit sceptical about - suspect that no matter how bloated his health, his powers won't be as good as is hoped.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Juggs will slot into the BRB-Polaris-tile destruction on green team - he's possibly the best option on that as a 1* as he gets it moving quickest.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

I actually have Spidey on one of my 12 saved teams and use him a lot with Storm5 and Jugs4>5. Full rainbow, board manipulation, crits, big match damage from Jugs and big nukes from Spidey. Defense against match damage too.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 15 January 2024, 04:54
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

Have they sold a 5* Juggernaut yet? I haven't seen it...they seem to keep offering the same few. Does anybody have one? I'm curious how they adjusted his scaling at 5*.

If 5 star ascended juggs scales the way 2 star ascended juggs does then his red will deal 15k damage to enemy and 95k to himself.

• Bowgentle
    edited 15 January 2024, 06:16
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

If 5 star ascended juggs scales the way 2 star ascended juggs does then his red will deal 15k damage to enemy and 95k to himself.

3* Juggs does more damage to enemies than self again, for whatever reason.
    Not by much though - maybe the 5* version will go back to the 2:1 ratio of 1* Juggs again.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I imagine the new ascended 1* into 5* are decent for those just dipping their toes into 5* land. But I have yet to see one ascended to replace anything in my typical 5* rotation for either PVE or PVP. What I do wonder about are how those people feel who have bought them and had their MMR borked a bit in PVP and wish they hadn't.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Spidey at 530+ boosted is legit good.
    If I didn't have Wanda this week, I'd run him.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,131 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I did see a couple of 1* Spideys in the Honey Badger PvP. One did 150k damage to my Colossus after a few cascades. Made me think twice about fighting him until (after all) I hit a Wanda wall.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    They convert all your 1* covers, from standard tokens and PvP fights, into 5* champion rewards. For that reason alone they're worth something. Nobody else can say whether they're worth $20 to you, though.

If you're asking which 1* are worth using at the 5* level, so far it's mostly just Spiderman. Iron Man has good health and match damage but his powers cost way too much. Storm has very low health. Hawkeye is sorta just "Shang-Chi, but worse in every way."

I don't know what Juggernaut or Yelena looks like at 5* yet.

Would like to jump in and disagree, boosted 5* Ironman1 is a beast both in PvE and PvP. Pair him with Shuri and Deatlok in PvE, as well as Avengers Tower support on IM, and you're firing 100k dmg nukes every 2nd turn. Same with PvP, I had the most fun in quite a while when IM was boosted, him and Deatlok are the best. He straight up just one shot unboosted 5 stars.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    edited 15 January 2024, 23:19
    Options

I don't think the right L450 numbers are displayed if you preview 1/5* Yelena in the store, so here they are:
    Lethal Recon (12 Purple)
    3 Covers = 19,208 damage and steal 2 of all colors except purple.
    5 Covers = 23,182 damage and steal 2 of all colors.
    Payback Mission (6 Black)
    3 Covers = 12,457 damage and turn 1 enemy special tile into a critical tile.
    5 Covers = 14,627 damage and turn 2 enemy special tiles into critical tiles.
    Stealth Explosion (passive)
    3 Covers = Trap that deals 8,030 damage.
    5 Covers = Trap that deals 10,147 damage.

She has 49,854 health.
    Her damage numbers seem decent and special > critical will often be useful, but given how little her numbers change between covers I'm not sure they are going to scale sky high when she's buffed.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For 5*, all the damage numbers basically double when they're boosted. I forget the scaling factors for health and match damage, but I think it's about double?

The other great thing about 1* (and 2*, once they start turning up at 5* ascension) is how often they're boosted, compared to 4* or 5*.