What if any of these 20 buck 1 stars worth it if any

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@TheXMan said:

@entrailbucket said:
    How many points did that player have when you queued them?

If the theory is that there's some massive silent group that suddenly can't play PvP at all but refuses to complain about it in any public forum, there's no way to dispute that. But I think it's far more likely that nobody's complaining because all of these folks are just fine.

The offensive player has such a huge advantage in this game that it's possible to win almost any match. Softcappers at like lvl270 are trivially destroying CL10 PvE, vs like lvl650 opponents. I'm running 672s in many events and I lose to crazy low-level stuff all the time.

Some people want to play easymode PvP and use fully covered characters to stomp noobs, and that's fine, I guess, but punching up is possible and has always been possible. Nobody gets locked out, because harder matches are still winnable.

I don't think people are saying they cannot play pvp AT ALL. However, they make for easy targets and it has to be tough competing against OR, Colossus, mThor, etc at their new mmr. It likely does make their pve experience much better though.

I really don't see why the ascended 1* would have any trouble beating those characters at relatively similar levels. The 1* are boosted like every other week, too.

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Codex said:
    Is red ability team-up eligible? Some many alliance members ask for green jugg team-up and many build out 5 green only juggs that I can't recall seeing a red team up.

It's not. The new black probably is. I don't know why one would have built a green only Juggernaut before he got the black ability.

You could send out a green only build as a team up. It was a cheap way to get board shake and destroy SAP tiles when running Polaris and BRB (before 5* Lady Thor). That way you could add a third without having a 1* on your team.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@StillMonsoon3 said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Codex said:
    Is red ability team-up eligible? Some many alliance members ask for green jugg team-up and many build out 5 green only juggs that I can't recall seeing a red team up.

It's not. The new black probably is. I don't know why one would have built a green only Juggernaut before he got the black ability.

You could send out a green only build as a team up. It was a cheap way to get board shake and destroy SAP tiles when running Polaris and BRB (before 5* Lady Thor). That way you could add a third without having a 1* on your team.

But the red was not team-up eligible, so even if your Juggernaut had the red ability, only green team-ups would get sent.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

You can progress in this game all the way by just playing PvE to full progression. It helps to be in a good alliance too. I mean, oh course it’s slower than playing both but it’s doable. I just recently (thanks to being motivated by ascension) started playing PvP to 25 wins.

I also bought the Juggernaut deal. I haven’t spent any money in years so this is a thank you to the devs.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 January 2024, 11:19
    Options

Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    19 January 2024, 13:21
    @Daredevil217 said:
    I wish I would have purchased all of these just for the rewards alone. I already have three 550s so it won’t mess with my MMR to level them. Luckily the offers are slowly coming back around. But I think of the covers I wasted not buying them in the beginning.

I did, and multiple Storms.
    These pay out 20k HP, which is a Stark, at 1/5 of the cost.
    And 50 pulls.

...and some ISO, I guess.

GOT A MAJOR PROBLEM with your post

You really want to fix your post or i misread it.. how you make it sound you buy the item your going to get 20k hp and 50 pulls i just did this and all you get is the 5 star juggie... how do you get 20k HP.... better to just open up tokens and save the cash.. if i knew you didnt get the 20k i doubti would of wasted my 20 bucks.. then again its been years since i gave this company anything

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    19 January 2024, 13:21
    @Daredevil217 said:
    I wish I would have purchased all of these just for the rewards alone. I already have three 550s so it won’t mess with my MMR to level them. Luckily the offers are slowly coming back around. But I think of the covers I wasted not buying them in the beginning.

I did, and multiple Storms.
    These pay out 20k HP, which is a Stark, at 1/5 of the cost.
    And 50 pulls.

...and some ISO, I guess.

GOT A MAJOR PROBLEM with your post

You really want to fix your post or i misread it.. how you make it sound you buy the item your going to get 20k hp and 50 pulls i just did this and all you get is the 5 star juggie... how do you get 20k HP.... better to just open up tokens and save the cash.. if i knew you didnt get the 20k i doubti would of wasted my 20 bucks.. then again its been years since i gave this company anything

You misread his post. At no point did he actually mention Juggernaut - he was talking about purchasing previous ascended 1* 5 offers.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 January 2024, 13:42
    Options

I think every time I try to read a post from slidecage, some of my braincells just die.
    What I meant was when you get those chars to 550, you get 20k HP, 50 pulls and whatever the purple stuff is that piles up.
    Which doesn't take that long.

Again, for clarification: that is all the rewards for every champ level from 450 to 550, summed up.

• slidecage
    edited 20 January 2024, 15:29
    Options

Okay so got a few questions

1. What is better .. opening tokens and just moving up your 1 star ... Buying the 20 buck package .. wonder how high your 450 level 20 buck deal would be if you saved all of those tokens pushing a 1 star into a 5 . Not sure if anyone even wants to attempt that math

All rewards taking a 1 star to a 5 star
    Then compair that to how high a starting 45o would been if you would if put all of those covers in him instead of making a 1 star into 5

1. How easy is it to earn these tokens cause right now I don't see it (maybe playing to high level 10

2. I got 4632 left of these basic tokens ..would you advise opening them or waiting to you buy more of these 20 deals ....though would have to check cause I think I got most of them now level 3 .. then again it all depends on the first answer. Would I get more rewards keep moving them up. Or save all covers and just buy them at 450

3. Think I ask this before but besides juggie is there a good 5 star to buy for a tank or would you really ever use mire then one of these . And 1 star really hit hard being 45o

4. Thinking of using juggie with beta and Polaris. Not sure how good that be
      ….....

Finally. You said you did this a number of times with storm ..would you got more rewards just pumping all of those boosters into one storm (unless you were trying to keep your top person low )

And sorry for bad typing skills I just suck with English lol

Though I will use this 5 star as a tank too bad you can't meger other covers into this seems I already had a 1 star juggie moved to level 3 that will never use

Thank you all again for the help.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I have 550 MMR so I'm not worried about getting those 1 to 5 1s to 550.
    I just buy all of these ascended 1s and get them to 550 over time, one at a time.
    My second and third Storm are still at 450, waiting for the first one to hit 550.

• slidecage
    Options

Why did you buy more then 1 storm

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Because it doesn't take long to get them to 550 and then you start on the next.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    Because it doesn't take long to get them to 550 and then you start on the next.

Yeah, this.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited 20 January 2024, 20:07
    Options

While we're on the topic of 550s, what does selling a 550 yield in terms of ISO and HP?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Domitronas said:
    While we're on the topic of 550s, what does selling a 550 yield in terms of ISO and HP?

500k ISO and 2000 HP.

• slidecage
    Options

So 550 is max they can go to... Some reason I didn't think they had a Max and could go as high as you wanted

What is the easiest way to earn one rank tokens

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

But the red was not team-up eligible, so even if your Juggernaut had the red ability, only green team-ups would get sent.

Correct. If I remember right, on the second green cover of the build, the AP price to fire the team up went down by one. I had six Juggs built with just two green covers. That way I could send out multiple team ups when asked and then sell any reds that were pulled.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Domitronas said:

Don't sell them! Not until we know whether the 6 star tier will be new releases or ascending dupe 5*!

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@Domitronas said:

Don't sell them! Not until we know whether the 6 star tier will be new releases or ascending dupe 5*!

Ah yes the infamous "ascendest" tier

• Bowgentle
    Options

Definitely ascending dupe 5s, but who knows when.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 January 2024, 21:36
    Options

(sarcasm mode on)
    The 6* tier will require buying every offer put up every day to earn one token (not each, one token total) for a pull at the Brand New 6* vault where 79 rewards are iso and, one is a 3star, and one will be 1/4 (aka 200 shards) of a 6*cover.

The vault will reset every 7 days.

There will be no other way to get the shards or character.

The first character will be Batroc.

On a more serious note and as a slight point of reference, I bought the 1Spidey5 early this month(? late last month?) and get all Standards from PVE, play LRs for seeds and maybe 250pts, normal PVP to 25 wins. So far he is 454; I have added 19 covers out of the 400 needed to max him at 550.