What if any of these 20 buck 1 stars worth it if any

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Standard tokens have become a bit of a strange one. Their new found value is really tied in to the 450 1* you can purchase, Taking a 1* to 5* otherwise is going to take a very long time. I wonder what the metrics look like in terms of players who have 450+ 1* is?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Standard tokens have become a bit of a strange one. Their new found value is really tied in to the 450 1* you can purchase, Taking a 1* to 5* otherwise is going to take a very long time. I wonder what the metrics look like in terms of players who have 450+ 1* is?

Sorta. Their immediate value has certainly gotten a lot better, if you bought the ascended characters.

But their long-term value has also gotten better, even if you didn't buy those guys. How else are you ever going to get the 1* and 2* characters promoted? Yes, it's a marathon. But if you never start taking steps, you'll never finish.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Now I have multiple 550 PvP is a completely different animal.

Without doubt even with my **** 550’s it’s been easier than I was at single 550. I seem to be invisible??? I climb up to 800 or whenever I get easy seals within the first few hours. Get my 25 wins and then only really take any hits back from dual 550 players or retaliations from people I hit.

I finished the last PvP with nearly 800 despite being at that level for 2 days. It’s not like I have a big Thor either. I guess I never saw dual 550 players when I climbed before so now I’m harder to queue?

Anyway, those ascended have been worth the purchase for me and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

you could have been up there with us years ago. Placements, "Scoring Points" and holding points is a very different thing once your playing with an end stage roster against very experienced players.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully a new 1 star offer today but doubt it ... Why do I have a funny feeling they are going to offer a 3 star for 49.99. Wonder how many would bite

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Hopefully a new 1 star offer today but doubt it ... Why do I have a funny feeling they are going to offer a 3 star for 49.99. Wonder how many would bite

And….nothing.

They have offered 3->4 ascended before. I think for $24.99, maybe $19.99.

• slidecage
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:
    Hopefully a new u1 star offer today but doubt it ... Why do I have a funny feeling they are going to offer a 3 star for 49.99. Wonder how many would bite

And….nothing.

They have offered 3->4 ascended before. I think for $24.99, maybe $19.99.

Really that cheap. They wanted 2star accended to 4. For 24.99

Wonder if they are done selling been what 2 weeks

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

Not nothing .... but the whole chain pile of Honey Badger!

A new character so soon.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

A new character so soon.

That was a little weird, yeah.

• JoeHandle
    edited 10 February 2024, 00:14
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@JoeHandle said:

A new character so soon.

I guess safe to assume that these chain offers for up to 122 covers of a 3* are the only ascension offers for 3* s going forward. It would be odd to make these offers while also occasionally offering 3* s "pre-ascended" to 4* s at a lower price-point ...

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

@Bowgentle said:

@JoeHandle said:

A new character so soon.

I guess safe to assume that these chain offers for up to 122 covers of a 3* are the only ascension offers for 3* s going forward. It would be odd to make these offers while also occasionally offering 3* s "pre-ascended" to 4* s at a lower price-point ...

122 covers! If I knew the chained offer scaled like that I definitely would have bought into the arcade one. I guess that's a sale lost due to the devs not implementing any way in game to see later stages of chained offers. I'm curious as to how much $ has been lost due to this oversight.

Could someone please list what these 3* chained offers are at each stage of the chain?

• Bowgentle
    Options

It's 10 - 40 - 70+ covers and some additional trash.

• JoeHandle
    Options

@T_REZ5000 said:

@JoeHandle said:

@Bowgentle said:

@JoeHandle said:

A new character so soon.

122 covers! If I knew the chained offer scaled like that I definitely would have bought into the arcade one. I guess that's a sale lost due to the devs not implementing any way in game to see later stages of chained offers. I'm curious as to how much $ has been lost due to this oversight.

Could someone please list what these 3* chained offers are at each stage of the chain?

The cost sequence on the superior ascension chains is, IIRC, $10 – $20 – $40, $70 total. Not cheap.

The new character chain, as for 3Mancha currently running, is, IIRC, the same.

• Bowgentle
    Options

10-20-50 dollars for ascension.
    Same as for the Victor chain.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 February 2024, 15:37
    Options

$80 is whale spending territory.

Putting Honey Badger up makes a lot of sense as an offer that appeals to people who are driven by a need to keep up with all releases and max them as they go.

Note: 64 3s x $80 = $5,120 on ascending 3*s. If you bought every one as they came along.

Thanks, whales!

• smiley22
    smiley22 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

On the topic of ascending 3s, is there any concensus on which 3s will be the most powerful at 5 yet? Knowing it will take a LONG time, I’m not sure who to favorite. They do come pretty quick when favorited at least

• Bowgentle
    Options

@smiley22 said:
    On the topic of ascending 3s, is there any concensus on which 3s will be the most powerful at 5 yet? Knowing it will take a LONG time, I’m not sure who to favorite. They do come pretty quick when favorited at least

Apparently, ever 3*.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@smiley22 said:

I'd probably use the same criteria we use for natural 5*. From what I've seen, ascended 3* just get really big numbers on everything. But a lot of the 3* are super old and have really expensive powers, so they're not going to be great no matter how big the numbers get. Look for stuff that's cheap to cast, and especially look for good passives that will scale with levels.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@smiley22 said:

Have Magick3* up to 347. The match damage meta is great now that some of the 4*s are ascended. Emma is great for characters you want to run 5/5/5. She will be next. Love her with SC. Her yellow is great too.

• slidecage
    Options

if you had limited time to play am i doing this right to earn the most covers for 1 stars

do 3 of the 3 easy misions in pve

spend rest time in pvp and hopes for 1 star

is there a real reason to play more thee 3x of easys

• Bowgentle
    Options

@slidecage said:
    if you had limited time to play am i doing this right to earn the most covers for 1 stars

do 3 of the 3 easy misions in pve

spend rest time in pvp and hopes for 1 star

is there a real reason to play more thee 3x of easys

Why are you playing?
    To get rewards, do full progression in pve.
    1* covers from pvp are a side effect from playing.
    What are you trying to get those ascended 1s higher for?
    Playing to get them higher without any end goal seems a little pointless.