Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@jp1 said:
    Ascended and boosted Main Event Hulk’s yellow does like 32 team damage. That’s not a typo…32.

This has to be a bug. The power description of him without the boost lists it at 2588, which is still awful, but not a 1* level power.

That’s wild. Love it and I think we can add him to the “Winner’s list” for now lol

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Black Panther’s passive damage is triggered when you match enemy protect tiles as well as friendly now, I don’t believe it does that at the 4* tier.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Black Panther’s passive damage is triggered when you match enemy protect tiles as well as friendly now, I don’t believe it does that at the 4* tier.

It is worded on matching or destroying a protect tile. No friendly or enemy.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

The description on his character page: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70967/black-panther-king-of-wakanda says when you match a friendly protect tile... However, in game, the description on the base 4* character now read "Whenever you match or destroy a protect tile..."

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Must have had a closet rebalance at some point then, because that’s not how he launched.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Must have had a closet rebalance at some point then, because that’s not how he launched.

He did have a rebalance! https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87825/character-update-black-panther-king-of-wakanda-12-1

It fortified his yellow too, and buffed non fortified SAP tiles, in addition to proccing regardless of friendly or enemy protects.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

that's what I get for not paying attention to the 4* tier at all anymore I guess!

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m enjoying boosted Yondu with boosted Rogue. 573 Yondu blue does 105k initially and 17k per turn after. I’m running him 5/3/5 but I think I’ll do 3/5/5 because I don’t think I’ll ever use his heal.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

So didn’t really use Chavez before, but now that she is ascended, I’m trying to find a niche for her. Odd thing about her red power is that it only seems to increase her match damage in colors she already tanks. For example, I had 16 red AP saved, but Hawkeye was tanking red and matches in that color only do his base damage. Yellow and green, which she tanks, are doing increased damage. Don’t know if it’s 30% higher for every AP in that color like the power describes, but higher. This doesn’t seem right. Is it the same for everyone else?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Jinx said:
    So didn’t really use Chavez before, but now that she is ascended, I’m trying to find a niche for her. Odd thing about her red power is that it only seems to increase her match damage in colors she already tanks. For example, I had 16 red AP saved, but Hawkeye was tanking red and matches in that color only do his base damage. Yellow and green, which she tanks, are doing increased damage. Don’t know if it’s 30% higher for every AP in that color like the power describes, but higher. This doesn’t seem right. Is it the same for everyone else?

Yes, that's the way her match damage boost works. It doesn't add the boost to her match damage for purposes of tanking, so she won't tank if her base damage is less than a teammate's.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

For Chavez I would use Chavez/killmonger/5colossus.

Chavez creates crit tiles, you either match them for big damage or leave them for killmonger to retaliate.

Colossus mitigates the match damage from allowing them to match it

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Okay, so to get the match damage bonus, I need to have her as the highest damage in each of her strong colors. Thanks for the clarification.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You don't bring Chavez for her match damage, you bring her for her crits.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

yah I fought a Mondragon 5 a week ago, scary, however I got around her power by stunning her. so if you confront mondragon, stunner are a must on her.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

So far ascended 45 4 stars to 5 (98 total if you include 2s to 3s).

Loved and played the following

IM model 35(currently 531 lvl) I use this guy when boosted as a battering ram. the red and yellow can really kaput enemies but the blue is simply very hard to activate.

Storm modern(currently 513 lvl) yah been using her boosted with a boosted Nightcrawler at 450 lvl. yah both compliment each other found her more fragile than you average 5 .

Black widow: modern 489 lvl) used her boosted the only good tjhing is the blue. the purple hard to activate, yellow is mehhh

Hawkeye classic 489 lvl, He surprised me, played him boosted a few weeks ago. and he kicked ****, his purple power is the main hitter. and the yellow power give more red and purple APs.

America Chavez(459 lvl) boosted kicks absolute ****.

Juggernaut fear itself 457 lvl. Really love him, been using him a lot in lightning rounds paired with Rocket and Groot awesome mix vol 2 450 lvl very deadly .

Rogue 456 lvl. ALso another go to character very deadly offence and also great on defense.

Agent coulson 452 lvl. One of the best go to characters, esp. boosted. very good with Hawkeye 5.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    You don't bring Chavez for her match damage, you bring her for her crits.

Her match damage is not insignificant at 5* level. I just tried a few shield sim matches with Chavez, half Thor and Colossus and a red match 3 was hitting for 9-10k within a couple of turns. I have her at level 477 but I realised that I only have her red at 4 covers so the damage could have been even higher.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2023
    Options

Professor X ascended does 21,640 on a match 5, still generates 4 strongest AP. This works great on a match-5 team like Nightcrawler/Sersi/X or Shang-Chi/Onslaught/X, but you can also use him for his SAPs and increases - his yellow at 5 creates:
    Protect- 623
    Attack- 534
    Strike- 801

And if he is invisible, at 3 covers it strengthens 2 tiles by 1144, or at 5 covers it does 4 tiles by 1380.

I usually keep mine at 5/3/5

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

So does anyone have an ascended 5* Juggernaut 1 yet? If so how are the numbers looking?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Domitronas said:
    So does anyone have an ascended 5* Juggernaut 1 yet? If so how are the numbers looking?

It takes about 4000 covers to level from scratch.
    So the answer is probably no.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Domitronas said:

It takes about 4000 covers to level from scratch.
    So the answer is probably no.

Wow you're right I didn't even realize how fast it adds up. I guess that 5* IM35 for 20$ was worth it after all huh