**** Black Panther (King of Wakanda) **** Updated (1/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"As the new King of Wakanda, T'Challa is struggling to cope with the loss of his father T'Chaka, but is determined to live up to his great legacy.

When Wakanda finds herself beset by two enemies intent on the nation's downfall, Black Panther must use his new suit and heightened strength, speed, and senses to defend Wakanda and the rest of the world."

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man
yellowtilepng bluetilepng redtilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
16,465 Health
yellowtilepng 85 | bluetilepng 74 |  65 |  43 | blacktilepng 13 | greentilepng 12 | purpletilepng 11 |  3.0x

Protector of Wakanda - 7 yellowtilepng AP
King T'Challa stands up for his people as the protector of his country. Creates a 2-turn Yellow Repeater tile that generates 2 strength 49 Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles. If another ally is still in the fight, fortify those tiles. If two other allies are still in the fight, generates tiles of strength 73 instead.
  • (Level 2) ...generates 2 strength 73...the fight, generates tiles of strength 108 instead.
  • (Level 3) ...generates 3 strength 73...
  • (Level 4) ...generates 3 strength 118...the fight, generates tiles of strength 176 instead.
  • (Level 5) ...generates 3 strength 221...the fight, generates tiles of strength 329 instead.
Kinetic Shield - 8 bluetilepng AP
Black Panther activates his suit to absorb enemy attacks and redirect energy back at them. Creates 2 strength 41 Fortified Protect tiles.
(PASSIVE) Whenever you match a friendly Protect tile, deal 63 damage for each friendly Protect tile on the board (max. 8 tiles).
  • (Level 2) ...strength 64 Fortified Protect tiles...deal 88 damage for each...
  • (Level 3) Creates 3 strength...deal 113 damage for each...
  • (Level 4) ...strength 103 Fortified Protect tiles...deal 164 damage for each...
  • (Level 5) Creates 4 strength 125 Fortified Protect tiles...deal 265 damage for each...
By Tooth and Claw - 10 redtilepng AP
Black Panther bares his claws to unleash a powerful strike. Deals 1285 damage and increases the strength of Fortified friendly Attack, Strike, and Protect tiles by 68.
  • (Level 2) Deals 1799 damage...and Protect tiles by 95.
  • (Level 3) Deals 2313 damage...and Protect tiles by 122.
  • (Level 4) Deals 3341 damage...and Protect tiles by 177.
  • (Level 5) Deals 5397 damage...and Protect tiles by 286.
Check out Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s Marvel.com article here: Black Panther (King of Wakanda)

What do you think is Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s best build? Vote down below!

**** Black Panther (King of Wakanda) **** Updated (1/4/19) 19 votes

5/5/3
47%
PorkBellyTrilateralusPunisher5784BlackBoltRockshopper1979thechairmanpstar782004gmtoscaMrEd95 9 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
47%
zeddicusPongiePiro_plockAnonhunky_funkyHilkBigSoftieFFskittledaddyAkoni 9 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
5%
stochasticism 1 vote

Comments

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    Finally :)  I have been waiting for the comments and the team suggestions for him since he dropped.  He is a crazy good character and is definitely a top 10 pve 4-star.  On the right teams (4 Cage, his Sister, Sandman, Prof X) he is going to be a monster.  I think he will probably be able to generate more passive damage through matching shields than even Dr. Strange after a couple of turns.  He may even be solid in PVP but I think he is a little too defense oriented to get lots of play there, his sister, on the other hand, is going be be the new PVP killer that reduction in ap cost is crazy.  Either way great job on these last two characters.  
  • Brigby
    edited March 2018
    *Edited level descriptions to only highlight any incremental changes in ability
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally :)  I have been waiting for the comments and the team suggestions for him since he dropped.  He is a crazy good character and is definitely a top 10 pve 4-star.  On the right teams (4 Cage, his Sister, Sandman, Prof X) he is going to be a monster.  I think he will probably be able to generate more passive damage through matching shields than even Dr. Strange after a couple of turns.  He may even be solid in PVP but I think he is a little too defense oriented to get lots of play there, his sister, on the other hand, is going be be the new PVP killer that reduction in ap cost is crazy.  Either way great job on these last two characters.  
    You really think he’s top 10?  I’m not so sure about that. Shuri is easily a top tier 4* PVE or PVP. I’m having a blast and can’t seem to stop playing her. I’ve been using all sorts of partners and it’s pretty much game over once you cast that red. I’m having trouble finding a great team for Panther though. Mind you I’m talking PVP simulator. For PVE there’s just wayyy too many great options in 4* land to see Panther as a difference maker. I think Panther is definately in the play only when boosted tier but I would love team suggestions. Cage is good only against goons really. Otherwise you are taking a punch of hits to get those shields out for T’Challa.  I think Nico would be great but having two active overlapping powers hurts. 
  • hopper1979
    5/5/3
    I wrote my comment before she came out, she is better due to the ap reduction but he is a excellent pve toon.  Him and Shuri paired up with somebody like power man to generate more shields you will destroy teams on passive damage alone.  You need shield tiles for BP to work so he is a little more limited that Shuri is but.  Having played him a bit more I would put him in the top half and she is in the top 10.  Both are great additions.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wrote my comment before she came out, she is better due to the ap reduction but he is a excellent pve toon.  Him and Shuri paired up with somebody like power man to generate more shields you will destroy teams on passive damage alone.  You need shield tiles for BP to work so he is a little more limited that Shuri is but.  Having played him a bit more I would put him in the top half and she is in the top 10.  Both are great additions.
    What are some good teams you’re playing him on?
  • hopper1979
    5/5/3
    Well to be honest I only have 4 covers on him so much of what I am saying is theoretical but I did some testing with 4Cage during his release and they worked very well together.  For BP to work you need shields to match for the passive damage so 4Cage is an obvious choice, BP generates shields very well on his own but you will be using Cage's yellow over BP's and BP's red over Cages, between the two you should have a decent amount of shields very quickly, Nico might be good in place of Cage but the color overlap is bad with BP so I would go with Cage over Nico.  You also are planning on matching shield tiles for damage so buffing is not as important.  The 3rd is either Shuri who synergies very well with both Cage and BP and gives a great outlet for green.  I would use her red to generate another passive damage source instead of Cage's or BP's red.  Also the fortified shield tiles still cause BP passive to fire so you double dip with them and Shuri plus you do not loose the shield.  Keep Cage up front and spam his yellow, with the ap reduction of Shuri of it will cost 5 ap and the damage from that will be crazy in a couple of turns once you get multiple fortified shields on the board.  Two passive damages BP and Shuri, all three generate fortified tiles, and no upper limit to the damage of Cages yellow which costs 5 under ideal conditions, very fast, high defense and constant damage.

This is a pve team I Shuri is the only competitive pvp character of the 3 but this team should destroy any goon oriented team.  When I get BP and Shuri maxed, in a couple of months I will let you know more about good combos.  :)  I was playing BP, OML and 4Cage during the release with a few strikes on the board I was averaging about 3-5 k for a shield match so his passive can do some real damage.  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled the last blue I needed to get BP fully covered this morning, and had enough iso to power him up to 200. Looking forward to testing out the synergy with Shuri, and I will definitely try 4* Cage as a third as suggested above. This looked like a fun team to use.
  • hopper1979
    5/5/3
    Together they are crazy good.  Still looking for that ideal third, Nico is solid, 4Cage is great but he overlaps too much with BP so you have to pick whose yellow to spam, it will be Cage due to how fast you can cast his yellow, you need some pink to make a rainbow team Ghost might be good have not tried her anybody who produces attack tiles so you maximize the damage from BP and Shuri's passives also is great since they double dip on each others matches.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri (5/3/5) /P4nther (5/5/3) /Main Event Hulk (5/5/3) is such a fun team. Chase Shuri's red, get P4nther's yellow and blue out as often as you can, Hulk's random tile match will start to swap fortified defense tiles before too long, watch hilarity ensue. When you throw down a Gamma Powerbomb where the crits show up inside fortified tiles and go off twice it is amazing.

In lieu of C4ge, try running Flaptain as a 3rd for this team. P4nther is a highly effective shield-spammer on blue, Shuri can keep AP costs inline, and then Flaptain can either spam out shields or use Dive-Bomb for a reasonable amount to 1-shot most targets. His passive blue tile buff will really got to work on P4nther's already good special spam

You could also use Sandman as a 3rd to get an active purple; his green is a more reliable stun with AoE damage, P4nther's repeater will keep defend tiles on the board for sand smash, and his purple can shuffle the board to generate incidental fortify/defend match damage combos
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I will try out these teams @ThaRoadWarrior
  • Brigby
    *Updated full ability details to level 270
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Has there always been an 8 protect cap on that blue passive? The Beta Ray Bill had me thinking about Kinetic Shield, and I didn't recall it being corked like that.
  • hopper1979
    5/5/3
    Bad update :(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Seems like it's always been this way - i found some videos from a year ago with the power text, and they have the 8 tile cap. I just don't remember ever noticing before.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Crossposting this conversation from the "latest fun team" thread, in which we specifically talk about 4* Black Panther teams and try to explore teams that don't use Shuri.
    tl;dr: Panther/Magik/spam-y character works really well.