Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

ascended ghost and ascended Jubilee are great together. Often one opening match kills a full health enemy.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why is self damage going up so much for ascended characters?
    4* Rogue does 13.5 % self damage on green, while 5* Rogue does 31.5 %.
    I don't understand the need to balance the higher damage with insanely increased self damage, when Coulson can get 5 1 turn CD tiles with zero downside.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I don't understand the need to balance the higher damage with insanely increased self damage, when Coulson can get 5 1 turn CD tiles with zero downside.

My 2* juggernaut does more damage to himself than the enemy for 6 red. It really does seem off.

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is Ascended 1* Yelena the first example of abilities costing less AP? Unascended Payback Mission costs 13ap, but store 5*Ascended reads 6ap. Lethal Recon is also flat 12 regardless of level.

1* Natasha got a raw deal

• Bowgentle
    Options

@darkwatcherDEZ said:
    Is Ascended 1* Yelena the first example of abilities costing less AP? Unascended Payback Mission costs 13ap, but store 5*Ascended reads 6ap. Lethal Recon is also flat 12 regardless of level.

1* Natasha got a raw deal

Yelena ascended to 2* costs 6 for Payback mission, not only the 5*

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:

@Bowgentle said:

My 2* juggernaut does more damage to himself than the enemy for 6 red. It really does seem off.

According to the Ascended Juggernaut offer, it's like that with the 5-star as well. At LVL 450:

Headbutt, LVL 4 does 10455 to the enemy and 6202 to himself. 7 Red AP.
    Headbutt, LVL 5 does 11961 to the enemy and 12404 to himself. 6 Red AP.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

@tiomono said:

@Bowgentle said:

According to the Ascended Juggernaut offer, it's like that with the 5-star as well. At LVL 450:

Headbutt, LVL 4 does 10455 to the enemy and 6202 to himself. 7 Red AP.
    Headbutt, LVL 5 does 11961 to the enemy and 12404 to himself. 6 Red AP.

The ratio might be right but the numbers are low. When you buy it he's doing 48k damage at 5 covers.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Cheers!

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I asked about juggernaut in the monthly dev questions thread. They choose not to answer my question.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1* Juggernaut is a winner. Headbutt, for 6ap, is going to kill just about anybody when you get some levels on him, especially when he's boosted (which, again, is like every other week).

He's even better on defense. Can your offensive plan survive a guy getting killed turn 2? Can you deny red so well that the AI can't get to 6?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    1* Juggernaut is a winner. Headbutt, for 6ap, is going to kill just about anybody when you get some levels on him, especially when he's boosted (which, again, is like every other week).

He's even better on defense. Can your offensive plan survive a guy getting killed turn 2? Can you deny red so well that the AI can't get to 6?

Especially when I have supports that can start me with 6ap plus. Cannot wait for that in PvP.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think the last two posts may aptly explain why the Devs chose to have Juggernaut the way he is because not only is he going to headbutt you to death in no time only the Juggernaut can stop the Juggernaut.

Given the frequency I am seeing ascended 1* fives in PvP I am absolutely dreading Juggs. He may in fact absolutely ruin PvP in a way Chasm wasn't even able to because you couldn't buy a 450 Chasm.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    I asked about juggernaut in the monthly dev questions thread. They choose not to answer my question.

I have seen some official comments on this, possibly on Discord. It's principle was it was relative to health, so it's a much lower % of total health taken vs done against similar levels of opponent. Might have been on the batch 3 ascension thread. I'll have a look for it.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

That does make some sort of sense.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah they might have to make adjustments to the frequency of boosted 1s, else PVP might turn into Juggs or GTFO.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think the last two posts may aptly explain why the Devs chose to have Juggernaut the way he is because not only is he going to headbutt you to death in no time only the Juggernaut can stop the Juggernaut.

Given the frequency I am seeing ascended 1* fives in PvP I am absolutely dreading Juggs. He may in fact absolutely ruin PvP in a way Chasm wasn't even able to because you couldn't buy a 450 Chasm.

The fear willl be when supports are in pvp and I can start a match against you with a guaranteed 6 red and extra red every time I make a match. I'm looking forward to trotting out my 550 Juggs against this one clown who hits me over and over with his 550 shang and 510 Mthor.

Luckily I have 1600+ health packs so couldnt give a toss about self damage.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@DAZ0273 said:

The fear willl be when supports are in pvp and I can start a match against you with a guaranteed 6 red and extra red every time I make a match. I'm looking forward to trotting out my 550 Juggs against this one clown who hits me over and over with his 550 shang and 510 Mthor.

Luckily I have 1600+ health packs so couldnt give a toss about self damage.

Yup, 1600+ health packs will do it and yes, Juggs with Supports is also gonna be AI proof. The one power in this game that the AI knows how to use is headbutt. I wonder if the guy who programmed Juggs was from Glasgow? 😬😀

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

On the subject of supports and Juggs, Implanted bomb is a lot of fun if you can find a nice cascade team where Juggs tanks most colors. (It shouldn’t take long after some leveling)

The exploitative nature of Juggs has already been enjoyed with Polaris and BRB, but with his ascension, I’d love to spam his red. To do so, one needs to mitigate the self harm, hence the look into supports. My Implanted bomb allows a Juggs-made Match-4 to burst heal him for roughly 10% of his max health. After a couple of those matches, it extenuates the chunk of damage incurred from a 4-cover Headbutt.

Pairing him any combination of Onslaught, 5* Mags, and/or 4/5 profx, ensures some fun cascades that assist in reaching that goal.

Given villains don’t have any true healing options, this might be the best way to exploit his red. Thoughts, suggestions, or any other ideas toward this goal?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 January 2024, 18:05
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Yes, god forbid PvP becomes dominated by one overpowered character, that anybody can max out and use in every single event forever. (LOL)

I actually think a Juggernaut/Thor metagame (which is absolutely what we're headed for) is much better than the current Thor/X metagame. With Juggernaut around, the AI will randomly oneshot your 550 Thor every other fight, so you'll at least be punished a bit for running a character with 150k health over a boosted guy with 300 or 400k. Also when he kills your Thor randomly, you'll have a very high chance of actually losing the match.

It's also HILARIOUS that literally anybody can get a high level Juggernaut without hoarding or planning out anything, all they have to do is spend $20 and farm some standard tokens.