Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Miles4>5 is insane with his purple. His red is useless. New massive damage team with him, Gwen5, and 2099

Useless because of low damage? Do you still get the handy 1 turn stun?

KGB

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would use his purple and Gwen’s red.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Would use his purple and Gwen’s red.

Do we finally have a viable 5* web tile team?!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I actually came around to reply to this thread, but I saw the new 4*.

The real ascended winner is actually Heimdall. He now has hard hitting partners in the 5* tier, and it got me to look at his newer pairs.

Obviously 1 Juggs is hot pick, but there are now a ton of new teams for Heimdall. I have 2 in the pocket I am not sharing yet. But, he is doing cool **** now.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited 22 January 2024, 19:15
    Options

Did the nerf 4 star Vulture when ascended to 5?

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited 22 January 2024, 19:34
    Options

@KGB said:

@Jinx said:
    Miles4>5 is insane with his purple. His red is useless. New massive damage team with him, Gwen5, and 2099

KGB

At level 460, his red only does 3414 damage and 1 turn stun at 5 covers. Those numbers just seem wrong to me.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Akatosh said:

@KGB said:

@Jinx said:

KGB

At level 460, his red only does 3414 damage and 1 turn stun at 5 covers. Those numbers just seem wrong to me.

That's brutal. My 370 does 6730.

KGB

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 January 2024, 21:21
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to headbutting some Mthor.

Just did that with the 450 Juggy. Colossu5 was reducing the match damage, but the LVL 4 Headbutt hit her for 42K, knocking her down to 4K health. A couple of Shang Chi matches later, and she went down for the count.

The only reason I didn't use Headbutt more is that my Shang Chi was knocked down to about 7K health, and I needed the red to heal him up.

Get ready for Mthor/Shang Chi/Juggy...

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Early checks as I ascend my characters…..

• AsMiles does BONKERS damage now. Holy ****. And as hard as his purple hits, his red strangely is just as weak. Looks wrong tbh.
    • Jon Hammond has BONKERS numbers as well. His red looks just crazy and the strikes he makes will be too.
    • Kraven’s black will hit like a truck but still costs 10 (bummer). His purple is gonna neuter SAPs substantially. The damage looks fair, although I haven’t tested if the damage is for each SAP neutered or not.
    • prowler’s numbers look good. I think he makes the strongest strike tiles now. At level 453, his black makes 3 7068 power strikes at lvl 5. He should be a 5/3/5 now.
    • sandman’s numbers increased but he still seems just “ok”. His powers still cost 9/8/10.
    • Kingpin got a big damage buff. And his yellow mafia dudes hit crazy hard and make crazy big strikes. Still a bit pricey though.
    • spider-Gwen’s cherry bomb hits hard, but not obscenely hard. Her yellow may be sneaky enough to put at 5 because any web match burst heals the team pretty substantially on paper.
    • Spiderman IW scares me. Nothing has changed except the damage to his red (nothing is gonna survive this power. No need to count the numbers). If his level gets high enough that he tanks and he’s teamed with a match damage truck…… how are you gonna hurt this dude on a web tile team?
    • spider-woman’s damage goes up substantially. Her black seems really good. Still costs 9 but once it’s on the field…. It has a very low exploitable number to activate and intercept damage.
    • punisher (max)’s numbers went up but hes still pricey. I’ll mess with him to see if his black can be exploited by other means besides “downed or stunned”
    • Agent Venom’s black should be put at 5 for the damage alone. It’s an incredible AP to damage ratio. The damage to everything he has went up too. But that black damage? For 5 AP? Yeesh!!
    • venom (Eddie Brock) is character I’m personally looking forward to using. His green is gonna have a great AP to damage ratio, his yellow is gonna be very exploitable, and so should his black.
    • vulture was gonna be a great addition to 5* land anyway. But the devs done messed up making him hit hard too. Hes gonna be tough to deal with without a specific anti-airborne character.

Those are all the Ascended 4s I’ve got on the first day and first impressions. I’ll have more soon.

Can you SS 4* Vulture.

I am interested in his green. How hard does it hit ascended?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Early checks as I ascend my characters…..

• AsMiles does BONKERS damage now. Holy ****. And as hard as his purple hits, his red strangely is just as weak. Looks wrong tbh.
    • Jon Hammond has BONKERS numbers as well. His red looks just crazy and the strikes he makes will be too.
    • Kraven’s black will hit like a truck but still costs 10 (bummer). His purple is gonna neuter SAPs substantially. The damage looks fair, although I haven’t tested if the damage is for each SAP neutered or not.
    • prowler’s numbers look good. I think he makes the strongest strike tiles now. At level 453, his black makes 3 7068 power strikes at lvl 5. He should be a 5/3/5 now.
    • sandman’s numbers increased but he still seems just “ok”. His powers still cost 9/8/10.
    • Kingpin got a big damage buff. And his yellow mafia dudes hit crazy hard and make crazy big strikes. Still a bit pricey though.
    • spider-Gwen’s cherry bomb hits hard, but not obscenely hard. Her yellow may be sneaky enough to put at 5 because any web match burst heals the team pretty substantially on paper.
    • Spiderman IW scares me. Nothing has changed except the damage to his red (nothing is gonna survive this power. No need to count the numbers). If his level gets high enough that he tanks and he’s teamed with a match damage truck…… how are you gonna hurt this dude on a web tile team?
    • spider-woman’s damage goes up substantially. Her black seems really good. Still costs 9 but once it’s on the field…. It has a very low exploitable number to activate and intercept damage.
    • punisher (max)’s numbers went up but hes still pricey. I’ll mess with him to see if his black can be exploited by other means besides “downed or stunned”
    • Agent Venom’s black should be put at 5 for the damage alone. It’s an incredible AP to damage ratio. The damage to everything he has went up too. But that black damage? For 5 AP? Yeesh!!
    • venom (Eddie Brock) is character I’m personally looking forward to using. His green is gonna have a great AP to damage ratio, his yellow is gonna be very exploitable, and so should his black.
    • vulture was gonna be a great addition to 5* land anyway. But the devs done messed up making him hit hard too. Hes gonna be tough to deal with without a specific anti-airborne character.

Those are all the Ascended 4s I’ve got on the first day and first impressions. I’ll have more soon.

Can you SS 4* Vulture.

I am interested in his green. How hard does it hit ascended?

Just check my roster, I'm in the alliance Clochards.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Vulture lvl 465

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 January 2024, 02:18
    Options

Vulture is still great, I’m running him with boosted Yellowjacket in this Daken pvp. I’m looking forward to getting a few more Sandman covers so I can bring my Vulture/Gamora/Sandman stunlock team out as 5*

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bagman's powers get cheaper when you ascend him. But they still basically do no damage unless you use Switcheroo to make a match.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 January 2024, 15:09
    Options

Take 4 black with you and make 1 black match = game over.

Definitely gonna want to level up the tinkerer support.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shame there's 8000 4s now, boost weeks of the really crazy ones will be not often enough.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Shame there's 8000 4s now, boost weeks of the really crazy ones will be not often enough.

True. Not that prowler would be the one to do this with but keep in mind he's only boosted to 580 right now so a 550 wouldn't be too shabby either.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

True, it’s a 28.8 week cycle with current number of 4s. However….there are a pretty high number of crazy ones now.