Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Met my first 450+ Juggs, was manageable but boosted is gonna be tough.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Were you the victim of a head butting :)

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Were you the victim of a head butting :)

KGB

Of course but lucky for me I was invisible!

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Heads up, Ascended 3* spiderman seems to evade rarity level restrictions like some others noted.

• Glockoma
    Options

Big issue I’ve noticed 4* Miles:

I’ve been testing 4Miles Morales5* and it seems that if he is invisible with no teammates, he is treated as “away” and loses all his turns.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Glockoma said:

I’ve been testing 4Miles Morales5* and it seems that if he is invisible with no teammates, he is treated as “away” and loses all his turns.

Do you automatically lose, or do you just not get to do anything until the invisibility tile is matched?

• Glockoma
    edited 23 January 2024, 22:51
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@Glockoma said:

Do you automatically lose, or do you just not get to do anything until the invisibility tile is matched?

Actually not sure, both times I was taken out due to an inability to make a match/fire/etc until death.

Had me second-guessing my reality when it occurred.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 00:43
    Options

The "you lose if everyone on your team is away" passive is on Kang. If your whole team is away, but Kang isn't on the other side, presumably nothing at all will happen.

Of course, there's currently no way to do this (if Wong is away and the other two guys die, he comes back), but it sounds like this is a bug with Miles.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The "you lose if everyone on your team is away" passive is on Kang. If your whole team is away, but Kang isn't on the other side, presumably nothing at all will happen.

Of course, there's currently no way to do this (if Wong is away and the other two guys die, he comes back), but it sounds like this is a big with Miles.

You could, if you chose, run 5CM and save up 24 yellow (or 16, or 8, depending on who is left alive) and send all your teammates away.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@entrailbucket said:

Of course, there's currently no way to do this (if Wong is away and the other two guys die, he comes back), but it sounds like this is a big with Miles.

You could, if you chose, run 5CM and save up 24 yellow (or 16, or 8, depending on who is left alive) and send all your teammates away.

Someone should try this to see what happens. I think the enemy will continue to make matches, hitting nobody, until your guys come back.

• Glockoma
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Of course, there's currently no way to do this (if Wong is away and the other two guys die, he comes back), but it sounds like this is a bug with Miles.

Yeah both times were in the Daken event just playing around with chasm and miles playing vs random teams (jane-chi and knull/yellowjacket).

• bluewolf
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bluewolf said:

@entrailbucket said:

Someone should try this to see what happens. I think the enemy will continue to make matches, hitting nobody, until your guys come back.

I gave it a try, it was like you said. My team took a nice little vacation while the enemy did their thing. Then they all came back and downed the front enemy with their damage, which was fun.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 12:08
    Options

I tested Danver5 right when that change was made, it doesn’t end your match unless the enemy is fielding a Kang. Has anyone done Carnage vs Carbage yet? Curious how they compare.

• bluewolf
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I tested Danver5 right when that change was made, it doesn’t end your match unless the enemy is fielding a Kang. Has anyone done Carnage vs Carbage yet? Curious how they compare.

It was worth trying 5CM again given ascMiles weirdness, you never know about new bugs creeping in.

For 4-5nage the question is what you want him to bring. The ally damage on 4’s red scales up so a l462 is hitting them for 8408. I’d probably rather use the 5 personally.

I can’t imagine wanting to use 4nage much other than maybe boosted as an pvp speed bump with Medusa.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited 24 January 2024, 15:15
    Options

Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

• entrailbucket
    Options

Prowler is really, really strong. I'm not sure if he always was, or if he got a buff somewhere, or what. If he can steal something, the fight will end pretty quickly. He also makes stuff to steal now!

• bluewolf
    edited 24 January 2024, 15:39
    Options

@Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Prowler is really, really strong. I'm not sure if he always was, or if he got a buff somewhere, or what. If he can steal something, the fight will end pretty quickly. He also makes stuff to steal now!

He was rebalanced in September but since he's a 4 star hardly anyone here cared so it's already been forgotten - LOL
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89080/upcoming-rebalance-prowler-aaron-davis-9-14-23

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

He was rebalanced in September but since he's a 4 star hardly anyone here cared so it's already been forgotten - LOL
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89080/upcoming-rebalance-prowler-aaron-davis-9-14-23

KGB

Huh, neat!

This is why the ascension system is so cool. I'd never have noticed this buff at all without it. I wonder what other surprises are hiding out there!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He got way better, but not “playable with 5* characters” better. I’m hype to ascend him though at some point, but mine is only level 364 currently so it’ll take a bit of targeting.