Ascended Winners and Losers

Options
1568101118

Comments

  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

    @bluewolf said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

    It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

    But you see you never know, what sucks to me the most is that we don't have any "patch notes" or anything, we literally have no idea what, if anything, was changed for a character with ascension.

  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    His green changed from making only 1 1-turn repeater to making 2 1-turn repeaters.

    That along with his damage output being really good and he’s actually a pretty good character ascend as a 3rd if you have a good duo and need a 3rd character to fill an offensive or tile protection or tile removal or AP denying hole in your team.

  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

    @Tiger_Wong said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    His green changed from making only 1 1-turn repeater to making 2 1-turn repeaters.

    That along with his damage output being really good and he’s actually a pretty good character ascend as a 3rd if you have a good duo and need a 3rd character to fill an offensive or tile protection or tile removal or AP denying hole in your team.

    It always created 2 at rank 5. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82700/legion-david-haller?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=legion

  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Domitronas said:

    @bluewolf said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

    It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

    But you see you never know, what sucks to me the most is that we don't have any "patch notes" or anything, we literally have no idea what, if anything, was changed for a character with ascension.

    Yeah I miss their threads where they told us how they changed characters, and WHY.
    Those were really helpful.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Bowgentle said:

    @Domitronas said:

    @bluewolf said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

    It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

    But you see you never know, what sucks to me the most is that we don't have any "patch notes" or anything, we literally have no idea what, if anything, was changed for a character with ascension.

    Yeah I miss their threads where they told us how they changed characters, and WHY.
    Those were really helpful.

    He's asking about changes that happen when a character ascends from 4* to 5*, etc.

    I can say the VAST majority only get changes to damage numbers, match damage, and health. Some characters do get other stuff (AP costs, additional effects, etc). It would be nice to have a list of those somewhere.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I suppose one reason might be they said the ascended characters were going to be under scrutiny for potential balancing tweaks so they are all potentially still "on trial" and subject to further amendments so no point locking in on a philosophy behind whst has been done just yet. It probably means we won't really get any explanations.

  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @Domitronas said:

    @bluewolf said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

    It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

    But you see you never know, what sucks to me the most is that we don't have any "patch notes" or anything, we literally have no idea what, if anything, was changed for a character with ascension.

    I actually have been more engaged with the game and community having to discover the Easter eggs with each batch of ascensions. Ymmv though 👍

  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 18:52
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Bowgentle said:

    @Domitronas said:

    @bluewolf said:

    @Domitronas said:
    Just ascended Legion and he's not very inspiring, all the power numbers pretty much doubled going from 370 to 450. No changes apart from damage/heal numbers. He's not stealing more tiles, he's not draining more AP, nothing. I'm unimpressed. And to think that I kept him as my only favorite since the start of ascension...

    Something like 95% of ascended characters do the exact same thing, just with different numbers. Probably more like 98%.

    It's no offense to you but people should just expect that, it seems.

    But you see you never know, what sucks to me the most is that we don't have any "patch notes" or anything, we literally have no idea what, if anything, was changed for a character with ascension.

    Yeah I miss their threads where they told us how they changed characters, and WHY.
    Those were really helpful.

    He's asking about changes that happen when a character ascends from 4* to 5*, etc.

    I can say the VAST majority only get changes to damage numbers, match damage, and health. Some characters do get other stuff (AP costs, additional effects, etc). It would be nice to have a list of those somewhere.

    It's the same principle isn't it.
    Changes to a character.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @DAZ0273 said:
    I suppose one reason might be they said the ascended characters were going to be under scrutiny for potential balancing tweaks so they are all potentially still "on trial" and subject to further amendments so no point locking in on a philosophy behind whst has been done just yet. It probably means we won't really get any explanations.

    I feel like that excuse is more about "we reserve the right to fix broken OP stuff" than rebalances in general, though. I don't expect them to go back and fix weak characters. At least not quickly.

  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @Pantera236 said:

    It's not fast but pretty sure 5.2 million aoe would be a record.

    Wow. Yup. Winner.

  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Ascended Mysterio seems to be a real dud.

    Level 451

    Purple does 3554 damage when each of his traps are matched or destroyed. 5382 if he’s invisible. Still makes 5 traps.

    Blue still needs 12/13 AP to stun. And does…. Omg is this right?….. “1794 damage to the highest level enemy”…..? Omg that’s terrible.

    Yellow CD is still 4 turns, unprotected, and steals a burst of heath from a random ally and enemy when it reaches 0 (steals 6460 from each at level 5). While on the field, yellow matches make purple.

    I’m gonna call this one a loser. What do you guys think?

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Tiger_Wong said:
    Ascended Mysterio seems to be a real dud.

    Level 451

    Purple does 3554 damage when each of his traps are matched or destroyed. 5382 if he’s invisible. Still makes 5 traps.

    Blue still needs 12/13 AP to stun. And does…. Omg is this right?….. “1794 damage to the highest level enemy”…..? Omg that’s terrible.

    Yellow CD is still 4 turns, unprotected, and steals a burst of heath from a random ally and enemy when it reaches 0 (steals 6460 from each at level 5). While on the field, yellow matches make purple.

    I’m gonna call this one a loser. What do you guys think?

    Mysterio has always been a loser; bigger numbers do nothing to change a terrible design especially one that requires fairly high AP collection in Marvel Passive Quest.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    As a purple battery, he was almost interesting, but not super functional in the end.

  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @Bowgentle said:
    Why is self damage going up so much for ascended characters?
    4* Rogue does 13.5 % self damage on green, while 5* Rogue does 31.5 %.
    I don't understand the need to balance the higher damage with insanely increased self damage, when Coulson can get 5 1 turn CD tiles with zero downside.

    Coulson is special because he has been to a magical place.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    4->5 Juggernaut is as crazy as everybody predicted.

    Ronin (not Ronan, I mean 4* Hawkeye) is also insane.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:
    4->5 Juggernaut is as crazy as everybody predicted.

    Ronin (not Ronan, I mean 4* Hawkeye) is also insane.

    Juggs is pretty awesome. I tossed Implanted Bomb on him and used him for every node in cl10 and never used a health pack.

  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Who are folks running Juggs with?

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I’m running Wong and Ultron

  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

    5* Emma and 5* Omega