Ascended Winners and Losers

Options
1679111218

Comments

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 January 2024, 13:54
    Options

    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

    Same team, different supports. Juggernaut has 3* Corvus Glaive, Rocket has 4* Milano, Polaris has 3* Atlantis (from when she's teamed with BRB and XFW).

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 January 2024, 15:51
    Options

    I haven't tried to run it yet, but I used to really like running Sighclops + Gladiathor to pump up match damage ultra high (originally this was to pump up pre-nerf Hell Ride on robbie reyes since the nibble damage was 300% match damage and he tanked over thor on green). I wonder if High Evo wouldn't be a better choice for that though in the modern game? I guess I'll have to test it out in Simulator with Juggernaut.

  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I haven't tried to run it yet, but I used to really like running Sighclops + Gladiathor to pump up match damage ultra high (originally this was to pump up pre-nerf Hell Ride on robbie reyes since the nibble damage was 300% match damage and he tanked over thor on green). I wonder if High Evo wouldn't be a better choice for that though in the modern game? I guess I'll have to test it out in Simulator with Juggernaut.

    Hevo's limitation is that he can't boost others past himself really. So you'll have to alternate on Hevo / person boosted when you want to boost someone else's match damage.

  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

    I run Omnipotence City on ascended Juggs. The synergy perk is a true healing that helps with healing between matches.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Grizwald said:
    I run Omnipotence City on ascended Juggs. The synergy perk is a true healing that helps with healing between matches.

    Too bad can't put supports on 1 star

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Grizwald said:
    I run Omnipotence City on ascended Juggs. The synergy perk is a true healing that helps with healing between matches.

    I am wondering why you would use this support for healing? Juggs does not take a lot of damage. This is a very high value support with a lot of uses with other characters, and using it for a character like Juggs that has huge match damage decrease seems wasted.

    If I did not use Implanted Bomb I would use an AP generator for one of his partners.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @slidecage said:

    @Grizwald said:
    I run Omnipotence City on ascended Juggs. The synergy perk is a true healing that helps with healing between matches.

    Too bad can't put supports on 1 star

    Yes you can.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Pantera236 said:

    @slidecage said:

    @Grizwald said:
    I run Omnipotence City on ascended Juggs. The synergy perk is a true healing that helps with healing between matches.

    Too bad can't put supports on 1 star

    Yes you can.

    Must missed it got a 470 juggie was thinking of putting that one beta support that heals with every match. Or what is best support to use on juggie. Thanks

  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited 26 January 2024, 21:41
    Options

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

    Get a Low-Level AI on one of those three. Even if it's just on Grocket who is hiding in the back and not really doing anything after Turn Zero. That way you never lose the value of the strikes you match, the value just gets displaced to your other (surviving) strikes.
    As a 100% user of Juggs/Pol/GRocket (none ascended, but they don't need to be to slay in CL10) this support took my already formidable team and brought it to the next level. The extra new strike that it creates every turn makes it all the sweeter.

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 January 2024, 21:03
    Options

    @skittledaddy said:

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

    Get a Low-Level AI on one of those three. Even if it's just on Grocket who is hiding in the back. That way you never lose the value of the strikes you match, the value just gets displaced to your other (surviving) strikes.
    As a 100% user of Juggs/Pol/GRocket (none ascended, but they don't need to be to slay in CL10) this support took my already formidable team and brought it to the next level. The extra new strike that it creates every turn makes it all sweeter

    Different between using

    Juggie Polaris rocket
    And
    Juggie Polaris and beta

    Don't Polaris make strikes with 7 blue plus you have defence with beta. ..

    Or is jug rocket pol better for some reason

  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited 26 January 2024, 21:17
    Options

    @slidecage said:

    @skittledaddy said:

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

    Get a Low-Level AI on one of those three. Even if it's just on Grocket who is hiding in the back. That way you never lose the value of the strikes you match, the value just gets displaced to your other (surviving) strikes.
    As a 100% user of Juggs/Pol/GRocket (none ascended, but they don't need to be to slay in CL10) this support took my already formidable team and brought it to the next level. The extra new strike that it creates every turn makes it all sweeter

    Different between using

    Juggie Polaris rocket
    And
    Juggie Polaris and beta

    Don't Polaris make strikes with 7 blue plus you have defence with beta. ..

    Or is jug rocket pol better for some reason

    Grocket makes 7 strikes (all friendly) on Turn Zero. For Polaris to make them you need to build up blue AP first.
    BRB isn't needed for defense because Juggs provides it all through his 90% match damage reduction (battles rarely last long enough for foes to fire abilities). With an R4 Elemental Guns on Juggs he tanks all 7 colors, meaning neither Polaris nor Grocket are ever in front and Juggs takes all the hits (shrugging off 90% of it).
    I use this team to clear everything except most CN nodes in CL10 PVE and never require health packs.
    On pick-2 nodes I drop Juggs for the 3E/4E/5E and just rely on the required character to be the meatshield for incoming hits. They have 24 hours to heal before I need them again... :D

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Thanks I try that we are talking 4 star juggie ... Wonder how good 1 star is at 5 level (team still work)

    Now to find them supports

    Maybe faster clears will bring me back

  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

    1* Juggs (regardless of how high you ascend him) will not give you the damage reduction (yes, he will be a hearty meatshield, instead) or the (strike boosted) AOE hit after every match you make. Only the 4* version does that.

  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

    Is there a way to block someone so I don't see their comments? Asking for a friend

  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    1Venom5’s black may cost 12…… but I don’t think anything is gonna survive it with 8 web tiles on the field. Level 450 does 38498 damage but if there’s 8 web tiles, does 80123.

    He might be the best character to put the Totem Dagger on as well.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @skittledaddy said:

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm running all ascended Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut in PVE. The strike total at start is 7644, and juggernaut tanks everything but yellow which belongs to rocket. Just start matching strikes, ideally ones that are on non-yellow colors, and you'll be through it in no time. this is 4-5 juggernaut, not 1* jump up, who i only have naturally at 2* status still.

    I have a 3* hydra henchmen on juggernaut, a 3* milano on rocket, and a 3* Chewie on polaris for what I assume were good reasons at the time, but i really don't know why at the moment.

    Get a Low-Level AI on one of those three. Even if it's just on Grocket who is hiding in the back and not really doing anything after Turn Zero. That way you never lose the value of the strikes you match, the value just gets displaced to your other (surviving) strikes.
    As a 100% user of Juggs/Pol/GRocket (none ascended, but they don't need to be to slay in CL10) this support took my already formidable team and brought it to the next level. The extra new strike that it creates every turn makes it all the sweeter.

    I haven’t pulled that support yet, but it seems a no brainer for sure.

  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

    @Domitronas said:
    Is there a way to block someone so I don't see their comments? Asking for a friend

    Yup.
    Click on "skittledaddy" (either the name or the avatar),
    Then View Profile
    Then the little silhouette symbol
    Then Ignore

  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Lol meats> @Tiger_Wong said:

    1Venom5’s black may cost 12…… but I don’t think anything is gonna survive it with 8 web tiles on the field. Level 450 does 38498 damage but if there’s 8 web tiles, does 80123.

    He might be the best character to put the Totem Dagger on as well.

    Vulture would keep feeding him black right trying to pick two to go with him

  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 January 2024, 22:32
    Options

    General ascension win: if you want to save a health pack, ascend a character instead! Once ascended they get full health.

    Granted it's only a once per character trick, but still