Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

She’s the first 3* I’m trying to ascend to 5*. Almost there now. The own team damage sucks. Next up is Emma. Like using her with SC so all his powers are maxed out.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

Low key, 3 star Lo...ki, I'm callin it.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

That pun was actually unintentional until I noticed it mid-type, so it's funnier.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited 2 March 2024, 02:28
    Options

@Jinx said:
    She’s the first 3* I’m trying to ascend to 5*. Almost there now. The own team damage sucks. Next up is Emma. Like using her with SC so all his powers are maxed out.

For sure, I like where your head is at. I’m pretty proud to have her done, and 💯 agree about the team damage.

It’s made me consider 3/5/5, but feel the 250% increase on all match damage might be to OP to pass up.

Tough call.

• Jinx
    Options

@Glockoma said:

@Jinx said:

For sure, I like where your head is at. I’m pretty proud to have her done, and 💯 agree about the team damage.

It’s made me consider 3/5/5, but feel the 250% increase on all match damage might be to OP to pass up.

Tough call.

Supposed the self damage could be mitigated if you use someone who puts out protect tiles. Also, does Wanda trigger if the damage comes from your own teammate?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Jinx said:

@Glockoma said:

@Jinx said:

Tough call.

Supposed the self damage could be mitigated if you use someone who puts out protect tiles. Also, does Wanda trigger if the damage comes from your own teammate?

Protect tiles don't protect from self damage.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Jinx said:

@Glockoma said:

@Jinx said:

Tough call.

In this case they should protect against Magik's power -- it works by increasing all match damage (including the enemy's).

SW should function as normal against this too. I don't think the game can "tell" that Magik is boosting enemy match damage.

Someone can test it, but I'd find it really hard to believe they went to all that trouble with this.

• Jinx
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Jinx said:

@Glockoma said:

@Jinx said:

Tough call.

In this case they should protect against Magik's power -- it works by increasing all match damage (including the enemy's).

SW should function as normal against this too. I don't think the game can "tell" that Magik is boosting enemy match damage.

Someone can test it, but I'd find it really hard to believe they went to all that trouble with this.

The part I was referring to is the 4K damage she causes to her own team at the beginning of each round when she is in limbo. Hadn’t given it too much thought when she was not ascended because it doesn’t add up to much, but if at 5* she is hitting her own team for 4K damage, that’s like having an OR that hits your own team instead of the enemy. Had thought about bringing someone to lay down protects to prevent that damage.

• entrailbucket
    edited 2 March 2024, 11:39
    Options

@Jinx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

@Jinx said:

@Glockoma said:

@Jinx said:

Tough call.

The part I was referring to is the 4K damage she causes to her own team at the beginning of each round when she is in limbo. Hadn’t given it too much thought when she was not ascended because it doesn’t add up to much, but if at 5* she is hitting her own team for 4K damage, that’s like having an OR that hits your own team instead of the enemy. Had thought about bringing someone to lay down protects to prevent that damage.

Oops!

In my defense, I don't think I'd even notice the 4k damage per turn, but 2.5x enemy match damage would be huge and probably unpleasant.

Based on other powers like this, there'd be no way to prevent or reduce the 4k. Protect tiles and damage mitigation don't work on that sort of stuff.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She is literally a no go. The only way it would be palatable is if she did the damage to all toons not just your team.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Magik’s self-damage increases to almost 10k per turn once she’s maxed out, so that’s no bueno. Ascended 3* Hunter is an infinitely better match damage booster and there’s no cap on the number of Inspire tiles. Pair Hunter with Melinda May and whichever boosted match damage toon that you prefer for some match damage hilarity.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I haven't actually used her, but I'd happily eat 10k every turn if it's worth it in speed/power. I'm always using boosted characters, though -- if you're choosing to use unboosted guys you'll have a lot less cushion (but why would you do that?).

Also: people hate self-damage, but there are plenty of cases where it works out to be cheaper on packs than letting a dangerous enemy hang around forever.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

If you only use boosted characters then you’re looking at over 25k of self-damage every turn and you still have to get to 10 black AP for her boosted match damage to kick in. She’s not particularly fast and the match damage boost for both teams is a double-edged sword. Magik is very good with Dark Beast and a handful of other characters, but her utility is pretty limited. I, personally, wouldn’t prioritize ascending her over other 3*’s. There are many others that are much better without the drawbacks.

• Glockoma
    Options

Well, can confirm, it’s not that bad. Had L361 4* Domino to increase the black generation L504 5* Colossus for defense.

The high output is great and things don’t stick around too long by the time she transforms. Most teams were alive for (2) turns and exemplifies the other reason you bring her: purple.

That purple power for 6AP:

Darkchylde casts a curse dealing 11412 damage and converting 3 random basic tiles to Critical tiles. Then drains up to 2 Black friendly AP.
    (PASSIVE) Once per turn, whenever an enemy makes a match in Darkchylde's strongest colors, or friendly AP is destroyed or stolen, Darkchylde casts a counter curse that deals 1929 damage and gains 1 charge(s).
    At the start of her turn, Darkchylde converts 1 random basic tile to a Critical tile per charge.
    Darkchylde takes 50% percent less match and ability damage from Supernatural enemies.

It’s just wild. May dump Domino (only ate black twice for about 9k damage most battles) to pick up another high health like OR for the efficiency. Perhaps a purple generator since Magik’s black also punishes enemy black matches by self-generation. I reached over 10 black AP quite quickly.👍

I’m very happy with the ascension.

• entrailbucket
    edited 3 March 2024, 03:44
    Options

Maybe try Alligator Loki? He generates purple charged tiles, punishes the enemy for matching them, and is invisible most of the time. If you're fighting m'Thors he'd be even better.

Oh, and his super cheap yellow makes charged yellow tiles, which Colossus will love when he's already stacking his and Magik's match damage boost.

• Glockoma
    edited 3 March 2024, 02:15
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Maybe try Alligator Loki? He generates purple charged tiles, punishes the enemy for matching them, and is invisible most of the time. If you're fighting m'Thors he'd be even better.

Love it.

Everyone’s mile will vary based on their roster.

One thing is certainly interesting and perhaps something most can agree upon: these ascended tiers really make things intriguing. My penchant for only chasing 5’s has completely 180’d.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Glockoma said:

@entrailbucket said:

Love it.

Everyone’s mile will vary based on their roster.

One thing is certainly interesting and perhaps something most can agree upon: these ascended tiers really make things intriguing. My penchant for only chasing 5’s has completely 180’d.

I think you can still absolutely get by just chasing the strongest 5*, and using them for everything.

What ascension (plus the boosted list) has given us is an absolute explosion of other options that are all just about as competitive, for players who want to do something different.

People used to complain that the only way to get ahead was to get the one best team and use them for everything, and it actually was that way for a really long time. Now I have so many strong, fun options every week that sometimes I have trouble deciding what to run.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 March 2024, 21:35
    Options

Not sure if anyone has posted Moon Girl/Devil Dino numbers. At 450, she has 81,192 health and:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That was fast

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 March 2024, 00:41
    Options

Sometimes I feel like the only Negasonic fan, so here are her ascended powers if anyone is interested.