Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I had a super fun team with her and now I can't remember what it was. I remember waiting for a cascade to go off for like 5 minutes though.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Jane + Onslought + Negasonic will do that. you can swap jane for other passive charge creators like Bolt or Storm.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    That was fast

I'm at the point where I target characters I perceive as "fun" over those who might help me terrorize others. I think Moon Girl/Devil Dino is a ton of fun in the right situation, so I prioritized them.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options

I love negasonic with Riri/mThor

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How are people ascending 3s so fast?! I started with 3 or 4 copies of the old school 3s which gave me a head start when ascension started and I have only one 5 currently and that’s because I solely favorited IM40.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since both he and OR are boosted right now I breezed through PvE in about 10-15 minutes. I've also been crushing PvP using black ap boosts.
    Got upwards of 36k blue match damage. He really is a monster.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    I heard that ascended dark beast is pretty good when boosted so I tried him out, and yeah. His match damage gets nuts once you collect some black ap.

He's completely insane, I love him. Anybody with a match damage boost just goes crazy when ascended.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I had a super fun team with her and now I can't remember what it was. I remember waiting for a cascade to go off for like 5 minutes though.

Negasonic, Throg, Gator Loki?

• entrailbucket
    edited 6 March 2024, 03:22
    Options

I had Dark Beast making like 200k match-3s in this PvP. If you boost going in, it's even crazier. His buff might have been one of the best in the game's history.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah but only due to ascension, not for his 4* version.
    We're retconning that now, that they were already thinking about ascension, 18 months early?

• dianetics
    Options

His buff didn't touch his match damage boosting though. It changed his special tile mechanics and AP generation.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Didn't he used to create charged tiles? Which would have been great with his huge match damage.

• dianetics
    edited 6 March 2024, 05:42
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Didn't he used to create charged tiles? Which would have been great with his huge match damage.

Yes, in his strongest color blue. And they could be converted from any tile not just blue tiles.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:
    His buff didn't touch his match damage boosting though. It changed his special tile mechanics and AP generation.

His special tile mechanics and AP generation are all designed to feed him more black AP, to boost his match damage.

• dianetics
    edited 6 March 2024, 14:07
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    His special tile mechanics and AP generation are all designed to feed him more black AP, to boost his match damage.

Sort of. They are designed to help feed him more AP but functionally they are useless.
    Unless you are pairing him with 4* Carnage you will not see a ton of extra AP gen.
    You need specials out in black to get extra black. Or you need protect tiles out and 9 green.
    You are better off sticking him with storm and chasing charged tiles.
    Right now I’m winning turn 4 or 5 with him.
    When he isn’t boosted it is slower but not much slower.
    edit* now that I think about it you can pair him with Storm and Gambit which should be an interesting team

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:

Sort of. They are designed to help feed him more AP but functionally they are useless.
    Unless you are pairing him with 4* Carnage you will not see a ton of extra AP gen.
    You need specials out in black to get extra black. Or you need protect tiles out and 9 green.
    You are better off sticking him with storm and chasing charged tiles.
    Right now I’m winning turn 4 or 5 with him.
    When he isn’t boosted it is slower but not much slower.
    edit* now that I think about it you can pair him with Storm and Gambit which should be an interesting team

Every time the enemy matches any friendly special tile, he makes 3 black protect tiles. Then you can match those for +3 black AP. Or, if the enemy matches them, he'll spam even more black protect tiles.

I saw a LOT of extra black AP, just from the enemy accidentally matching Omega Red's CD tiles or protects to kick it off.

• dianetics
    Options

I don’t know how much you use him. But he is a regular in my rotation. He was my main before I transitioned to 5*
    I get it, it could feed him quickly, but again functionally over a lot of matches you will run into issues.
    This OR Beast pair is great because they are both boosted and if you can’t grow Beast to 15+ ap you won’t notice it.
    I know he is a monster, but trust me his kit is a functional nerf.

If this was just a 1v1 game his kit would be a buff.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah but only due to ascension, not for his 4* version.
    We're retconning that now, that they were already thinking about ascension, 18 months early?

Oh absolutely not! I never said it was intended to be one of the best buffs in the game's history.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 March 2024, 17:44
    Options

At the other end of the spectrum, I just ascended Mr Fantastic, I can drop his stats here if anyone cares.

Imaginaut, at 5 covers, will possibly generate a strike of strength 1113 at level 450. That power doesn't tell you what any of its random effects does quantifiably in or out of a match, so in case you were wondering, that's the size of one.