Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Zarqa said:

@Bad said:
    Awesome SC lightning vault. 6000 HP less for me and maybe for all that people itching to spend HP.

I actually don’t think it is that awesome. The monthly Support release vaults are better value and they run every month. I was expecting more from an Anniversary vault to be honest.

I don't think the value was off the charts in the SC lightning vault, but it was decent enough for those with HP to spare. 1.5x 5* covers for very good characters plus some iso and tokens.

It was definitely better than today's iteration.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not so sure about that. An ascended 3* means a lot of resources and incoming rewards everytime you favorite them, plus it's Kang.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Depends what you spend your money on but that's not a good deal for me. It's actually pretty poor compared to what's been offered before for multiple 5* covers. But it's good you see value in something I don't, knock yourself out and spend the 6k.

Quite simply, for me last year for 20,700HP I was getting 9x5* a ton of FF pulls and a ton of four stars. Everything else was nice to have. The first Meta vault no complaints really. I'd have preferred one anniversary vault, but whatever new stuff and all that.

I'm not pulling anything in the anniversary that doesn't give me comparable value. Anything else is worse than last year not the woohoo big 10 year.

There's a few weeks left but I doubt there's many people that prefer the value in this years vaults to last years. So far for me this is quite possibly the worst anniversary event I've played but if though I feel that way I'm glad they have tried new stuff, even if it doesn't work for me personally.

Last year is a very high bar for "good value" there has never been anything like the anniversary vaults last year with multiple 5* covers and the ability to reset. I think BCS likely has some regrets.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Bad said:
    Not so sure about that. An ascended 3* means a lot of resources and incoming rewards everytime you favorite them, plus it's Kang.

This. I don't yet know how to value ascended 4s and 5s in terms of champ rewards. Even at 3:1 or 4:1, do lower tier covers come frequently enough to be a valuable source of champ rewards?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 989 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm hoping for an Okoye lightning vault.

• Bad
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

This. I don't yet know how to value ascended 4s and 5s in terms of champ rewards. Even at 3:1 or 4:1, do lower tier covers come frequently enough to be a valuable source of champ rewards?

It depends on the player. If the character really fits on player's play and they favorite it, I'd say it will come quite frequently and the player will have a valuable 4*.
    The tax is negatively perceived but if you do the maths the rewards worth it .

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love that we got a werewolf by night costume for Elsa, kind of bummed my alliance didn’t play hard enough to get there lol. Maybe it’ll be in next year’s anniversary vault.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 391 Mover and Shaker
    Options

mine was short by like 3400 points lol. Too many people didn't want to bother with heroic I guess.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    mine was short by like 3400 points lol. Too many people didn't want to bother with heroic I guess.

Not too surprising. Two events at once is always a big ask, and the big upshot of the quandary puzzles is that some of them just take WAY longer.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I crept in on my final clear to get the costume which was very lucky otherwise it would have been a bust. This was the lowest round since Heroics started that my alliance stalled out on, the appetite clearly wasn't there.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Bad said:

It depends on the player. If the character really fits on player's play and they favorite it, I'd say it will come quite frequently and the player will have a valuable 4*.

The tax is negatively perceived but if you do the maths the rewards worth it .

So do ascended levels give 3 or 4 times more rewards? I find it difficult to believe that using 4 covers to ascend one level is better than adding 4 champ levels (purely from a rewards-perspective). If you like the character, then go for it, but farming ascended champs doesn't seem worth it.

• Bad
    Options

@Alfje17 said:

So do ascended levels give 3 or 4 times more rewards? I find it difficult to believe that using 4 covers to ascend one level is better than adding 4 champ levels (purely from a rewards-perspective). If you like the character, then go for it, but farming ascended champs doesn't seem worth it.

You can see it from this pov: 126 3* covers + 200k iso > 1'5 5* covers.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Bad said:

@Alfje17 said:

You can see it from this pov: 126 3* covers + 200k iso > 1'5 5* covers.

Well, that's a sales proposition from BCS rather than a statement of value, so ymmv. Also, isn't it 1.5x 5" covers v. 0.5, 5" covers + 126x 3* covers + iso? There is still a half cover worth of Kang shards in there, yeah?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,135 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm increasingly convinced that the major "reward" from Ascension is getting a really, really strong character to use.

I've ascended almost all the 4* from the first batch and a bunch of them were boosted in the boss event. These guys are pretty universally NUTS with +100 levels.

Like, I don't know if I'm taking a hit on rewards, but I do know that 470 MODOK, with the boost, is the best character on my roster and it's not close.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm increasingly convinced that the major "reward" from Ascension is getting a really, really strong character to use.

I've ascended almost all the 4* from the first batch and a bunch of them were boosted in the boss event. These guys are pretty universally NUTS with +100 levels.

Like, I don't know if I'm taking a hit on rewards, but I do know that 470 MODOK, with the boost, is the best character on my roster and it's not close.

I didn't have Boosted Ascended MODOK being in the conversation for best character on my Anniversary bingo card.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Ascended Nico was nice.
    Shame I sold my 370 Rogue a year ago, the dupe just hit 370 again.

• entrailbucket
    Options

So...like...the issue here is that this screws with the farming calculus that we've all been doing.

MODOK is a feeder, and he gives out shards for Arcade. Well, I've seen some folks say that you shouldn't ascend feeder 4* because you'll miss out on rewards -- specifically the 5* shards.

Here's the problem: MODOK at 5* is better than Arcade, all day every day, and twice when he's boosted. So if the point of farming is to turn bad/useless covers into good/useful ones, what do we do now? Arcade should be feeding MODOK!

• Vhailorx
    edited October 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    So...like...the issue here is that this screws with the farming calculus that we've all been doing.

MODOK is a feeder, and he gives out shards for Arcade. Well, I've seen some folks say that you shouldn't ascend feeder 4* because you'll miss out on rewards -- specifically the 5* shards.

Here's the problem: MODOK at 5* is better than Arcade, all day every day, and twice when he's boosted. So if the point of farming is to turn bad/useless covers into good/useful ones, what do we do now? Arcade should be feeding MODOK!

Modok does something still relatively rate at the 5* tier (cheap tile spawning), and his powers hit pretty hard and aren't very yard to pull off. I'm not at all surprised that he is viable in 5* land. He has always been a solid 4* and is overlooked mostly because he joined a hideously bloated 4* roster.

But is he really that much better than the staple 5* meta teams we all know and love/hate? He might be a little faster when boosted or good against certain opponents, but mostly he is just fun variety. That's very hard to quantify in terms of objective value.

• entrailbucket
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

Modok does something still relatively rate at the 5* tier (cheap tile spawning), and his powers hit pretty hard and aren't very yard to pull off. I'm not at all surprised that he is viable in 5* land. He has always been a solid 4* and is overlooked mostly because he joined a hideously bloated 4* roster.

But is he really that much better than the stable 5* meta teams we all know and love/hate? He might be a little faster when boosted or good against certain opponents, but mostly he is just fun variety. That's very hard to quantify in terms of objective value.

I don't know. I don't use the "meta" teams, I'm literally always running boosted characters.

I guess it comes down to why you're farming and what you're farming for. For me, the basic goal was to turn 4* covers, which were useless to me, into 5* covers, which are useful.

Now, MODOK covers are absolutely more useful than Arcade covers. What other characters is this true for? I think Gambit/Rogue is a pretty strong possibility. Who are some others?

What does this mean for your specific farming goals? Don't continue farming just because you always have, or because someone did math that found one path was more "optimal!" This is a big change and it is worth revisiting the whys of what you do currently.

• Bad
    Options

Besides all that, obviously for a new player, and ascended kang will be easily their best character in a long long time.
    They adquire a champed 4*, easy to level up without any real cost but buying him with HP.
    And probably that was the goal of that anniversary lighting vault (although a 5* player could annoy. But again we 5* players are minority)