MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST – 10 YEAR CELEBRATION

Options

Comments

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

Where are the shards/covers for Spider-Ham??
    Can someone explain the lack of love for this character?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,082 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Hammer3001 said:

Spider-Ham is never part of the anniversary, he is always part of the Christmas celebration.

He is out Christmas ham.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,103 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Hammer3001 said:

Spider-Ham is never part of the anniversary, he is always part of the Christmas celebration.

He is out Christmas ham.

He's also really, really bad. Dino turned out ok the last time they redid him, Howard is at least annoying, and Taskmaster can be set up to do cool stuff. Spider-Ham is so, so bad.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    This event is for some people and not for others.

Some players don't appreciate having to quit an event they have started because absolute randomness has given them a no win situation. I would be less sympathetic if we could use powers and so had extra options but I can see why players get frustrated when they are presented with unsolvable problems and have to start again. Puzzles that cannot be solved on the first attempt because of factors outside of a person's control are actually bad puzzles, not good ones.

None of the above is to say Quandary is a bad event - it is not but it could be much much better,

Well to each his own. For me puzzles that CAN be solved on the first attempt are the **** ones. 😉

You didn't read my post correctly I don't think - I said puzzles that cannot be solved by factors outside of a persons control. That is not the same as puzzles being "hard". If you did a crossword and couldn't complete it because one of the clues was wrong it would be the same thing. If RNG puts a tile in an unmatchable place there is nothing that the player can do - now if you had access to powers you might be able to use board control to solve that but not in this instance. If it is unmatchable you are screwed and it was all down to bad RNG.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would say Ham is the least well designed character in the game; just completely unrelated and unuseful powers across the board.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Pick 1 today has a free roster slot when you scroll down on the selection

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ugh. Wish I'd noticed that you could scroll down. I'd much rather have a roster slot that a 4* cover.

KGB

• Punisher5784
    Options

@KGB said:
    Ugh. Wish I'd noticed that you could scroll down. I'd much rather have a roster slot that a 4* cover.

KGB

Now it makes me wonder if there was always a 4th option in the previous Pick 1s

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

I always click on the Token to see what's in it before accepting it. I used to do it to try and find a way of working out what cover I need before having to select out. Never happened yet though....

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well that's **** I didn't even know it scrolled. I went Polaris.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Well I got so angry I've just punched some old woman in the face.
    I hope you are happy with yourself BCS.

• Tony_Foot
    edited October 2023
    Options

Worst celebration ever. When’s this over? :D Broken Circle Biggest anniversary celebration ever, it’s like unwrapping socks on Christmas Day. The grinch that stole 5*s. Can’t wait for Christmas. :p<3

Unless this was the real puzzle, find the roster slot?

• Punisher5784
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Punisher5784 said:

You're the guy that punched my Mom? It's just a game bro..

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Punisher5784 said:

You're the guy that punched my Mom? It's just a game bro..

That's exactly what she said.
    She can have my heartfelt apologies but leave it a few days as I'm still raging.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is the Anniversary Vault not supposed to run all month? Mine says it ends after tomorrow? Not that my chances were ever high to get the Shang and Thor covers in there to begin, but some more time would be nice.

• KGB
    Options

@BoyWonder1914 said:
    Is the Anniversary Vault not supposed to run all month? Mine says it ends after tomorrow? Not that my chances were ever high to get the Shang and Thor covers in there to begin, but some more time would be nice.

I believe it refreshes tomorrow with new covers. It's due to refresh a total of 3 times. So if there is something specific you want, best spend tokens now because I imagine those 5* will be replaced with others (ie the usual Dr Strange).

KGB

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

@BoyWonder1914 said:

I believe it refreshes tomorrow with new covers. It's due to refresh a total of 3 times. So if there is something specific you want, best spend tokens now because I imagine those 5* will be replaced with others (ie the usual Dr Strange).

KGB

Thank you!

• Tony_Foot
    Options

So now even the Meta vault is worse than the first one. 5* taken out of there too. HP gone from there as well.

Can I just have last year’s celebration vault please? I really want to give you my HP but you’ve gone all tight with 5* for some reason.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    So now even the Meta vault is worse than the first one. 5* taken out of there too. HP gone from there as well.

Can I just have last year’s celebration vault please? I really want to give you my HP but you’ve gone all tight with 5* for some reason.

In MPQ rewards have always tended to get worse over time, with only very occasional bursts of rewards generosity. That was definitely true under demi and it seems BCS may be going in that direction too. That said, I didn't expect the week 2 vault to be such a big step down from last week's.

• KGB
    Options

Me either. I have all 3 costumes already so the only thing in this vault is the 2 master support tokens. I won't be drawing anything unless I get token from the anniversary vault.

It's weird to remove the 5's because 5's are more devalued than ever now that you can outright purchase a fully covered and leveled L450 1->5 for $20 bucks. That's the equivalent of 13 covers AND 500K ISO to level them up for 20 bucks. A single actual 5 star cover now should be on the order of $2-3 tops.

KGB