MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST – 10 YEAR CELEBRATION

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess Devil Dino is remaining a limited character then?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:

@Zarqa said:
    I loved solving the puzzles too! Don’t fully understand the pushback. This was more fun than most (all?) puzzle gauntlets.

I'm glad they created new mechanics for this event. I also, love solving puzzles rather than mindlessly using meta characters to crush everyone in 32 seconds. with that said - i felt the "puzzles" wern't actually that great and relied too heaviely on luck. a couple of times i got a tile stuck in the corner that i just couldn't get to and i just spent a while slowly dying.

Yeah - or I got a massive cascade that "solved" the problem for me and I have no idea how/what/why.

At least with Puzzle Gauntlet you get to use characters powers which lets be honest is what this is supposed to be about! Mind you I haven't done much on it so maybe it changes through the event and isn't just matching based, if I can be bothered I shall see.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m not feeling the new event either. I don’t even mind the difficulty, but the rewards are just bad. Doesn’t feel worth my time. I don’t know, I hope the best is yet to come because I’m not too hyped right now. The mini vault was awesome, just wish we could flip it.

Also, just dirty business withholding those ascended rewards while all the special vaults are open. That’s just my opinion.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

I still find it confusing, someone explained how you do the colour changing one but I followed the rules and still didn’t do any damage on some of the matches I made

I like that there is a puzzle to solve but it still seems to rely heavily on luck

I’m also concerned that this is the upcoming boss battle and will it be another “you’re supposed to lose scenario “

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    I still find it confusing, someone explained how you do the colour changing one but I followed the rules and still didn’t do any damage on some of the matches I made

I like that there is a puzzle to solve but it still seems to rely heavily on luck

I’m also concerned that this is the upcoming boss battle and will it be another “you’re supposed to lose scenario “

I don't know that there is a set pattern to the color changing challenge. I write down each color and note which AP a match gives me. The AP gained has to match Quandary's current color to do damage.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just went with high health 5*s and played for cascades until it worked on the color change one.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

If you bring quake or electro the enemy aoe attack will only do -1 damage, so if you're having trouble figuring out what color does damage, you'll have plenty of time to just win eventually.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    Last anniversary was the first one for BCS and they did something crazy.
    This year the anniversary is much better for the community.
    Well earn a customized costume, a 5* chimichanga, 3* power stone, and also each 6 days a metassential vault with 3 meta 5 covers, iso and support tokens, plus fan favorites tokens, HP..
    Quandaries task giving thousands of iso.
    And new pve and new boss event, plus new champion system.
    All the community will have these rewards almost regardless of how many HP could save, not like past year.
    To not say this is the better anniversary ever, I honestly think it's to fail considering many things.
    Other gacha games? Usually they make a favorites call, some bonus items as a gift, and that's all folks.
    Think about it.

They also don't usually make it to 10. . .

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options

Round of applause for staff member who thought doing 6 consecutive different colour matches while not allowing us to manipulate the board was a good idea.
    Quandary is going in the bin.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I enjoyed the new event and Peggy is my third favorite Marvel character (behind Rogue and Gambit), so this anniversary is shaping up nicely for me.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Can I whine just a bit about the whining?
    Loved those puzzles (remember it’s called PUZZLE Quest Marvel ?) that force us to think things through instead of brainlessly completing missions.

Why is constructive feedback always pegged as whining? How else will they know people don’t like it? Your opinion being positive doesn’t automatically give you high ground. With that said, I respect your right to voice it the same as everyone else.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's not a fun puzzle when the tile you need to match is in the corner, and you only have one match near the top of the board.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

It looks like I have not been getting my daily play tokens for the anniversary vault a few days now. Anybody else having the same issue?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

After emptying the vault and going on the 2nd clear I really don't think it's worth the HP for me this year. Of course others see different value. Losing the 9 pulls for 100 and FF pulls has totally de-valued the anniversary vault for me. I may as well just pull the meta vault. In a week I will only add 3 covers to Shang Okoye and Thor. Last year I would have added 9+ to each character. The Meta tokens being in there are not really enough to just save the HP and buy the meta vault instead.

I guess I'm a little disheartened after how good last years vault was and that I save all my HP each year for these. So I have sympathy for those that have 26+ days of FF vault with no swaps and changes.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    After emptying the vault and going on the 2nd clear I really don't think it's worth the HP for me this year. Of course others see different value. Losing the 9 pulls for 100 and FF pulls has totally de-valued the anniversary vault for me. I may as well just pull the meta vault. In a week I will only add 3 covers to Shang Okoye and Thor. Last year I would have added 9+ to each character. The Meta tokens being in there are not really enough to just save the HP and buy the meta vault instead.

I guess I'm a little disheartened after how good last years vault was and that I save all my HP each year for these. So I have sympathy for those that have 26+ days of FF vault with no swaps and changes.

Yeah but that's the subjective opinion of a player just wanting to raise characters to 550 level, and it's stated that it's the opinion of less than 3% of the playerbase.
    You had your time last year. I won't expect that to be repeated more years, even more with the direction Champions 2.0 is driving.
    And personally I think it's the right direction.
    You can be sure that you are in minority, either way.