MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST – 10 YEAR CELEBRATION

Options

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options

FINALLY the type of vault I've been waiting for! BRB + Polaris + shards and iso?

😁

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

This week's Meta vault is awesome. Thanks Devs!

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Here’s a question, important I think. We were led to believe next week’s Metassential Vault would be the last, and similar to the first... but now that we see Anniversary season is a full season, what will happen during the last two weeks of the season? Two more Metassential Vaults? Or something else? Have plans changed along the way?
    I’d like to know how to handle my HP and tokens lol.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Now a polaris cover + 1/2 a fosthor cover lightning vault for 6k hp? Literally the same price they asked for a vault with SC and 1/2 a fosthor cover? That's borderline insulting to the playerbase's collective intelligence.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,135 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Good deals can't exist if they never offer bad deals. None of these things have any objective value.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Now a polaris cover + 1/2 a fosthor cover lightning vault for 6k hp? Literally the same price they asked for a vault with SC and 1/2 a fosthor cover? That's borderline insulting to the playerbase's collective intelligence.

This deal would be pretty appealing to a player in the 4* transition who hasn't cracked into 5s yet. Polaris is the most OP thing in 4 land and 5* shards are great because you don't need to cash them in immediately.

It's a skip for me since my roster is past that point. Not every vault is going to be something I would pull, this one didn't bother me the way the 3 cover Meta vault did.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

@revskip said:

@Vhailorx said:

This deal would be pretty appealing to a player in the 4* transition who hasn't cracked into 5s yet. Polaris is the most OP thing in 4 land and 5* shards are great because you don't need to cash them in immediately.

It's a skip for me since my roster is past that point. Not every vault is going to be something I would pull, this one didn't bother me the way the 3 cover Meta vault did.

During the twenty four hours this lightning vault is available a player can spend 6k HP for 1x polaris cover and .5 fosthor covers (and some ****). Or they can spend 8k HP over 2 days to get 3x brb covers, 3x polaris covers, 8x assorted legendary tokens, 300k iso, and 2x master support tokens.

The only way this makes sense is if you just don't care about 6k HP at all.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still bought it for the two classics.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

The only way this makes sense is if you just don't care about 6k HP at all.

Or if that player needs Polaris covers (with 2 CLs), having in mind that her ascension is coming.

• Vhailorx
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I still bought it for the two classics.

You are someone for whom the 6k hp is basically trivial.

• Vhailorx
    Options

Now a good 5* cover, but the shards are downgraded to 3* shards and one of the 4* covers is replaced with a 3* covers. Seems like the are experimenting to see how little value they can put in these lighting vaults while still bleeding HP from the playerbase.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Now a good 5* cover, but the shards are downgraded to 3* shards and one of the 4* covers is replaced with a 3* covers. Seems like the are experimenting to see how little value they can put in these lighting vaults while still bleeding HP from the playerbase.

That's a "No" from me dog.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

Similar to what they did for lightning deals.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm basically buying ones with R5 supports in them.

A single 5 star cover or even multiple aren't worth much unless it's on an uncovered character.

KGB

• Vhailorx
    Options

@KGB said:

A single 5 star cover or even multiple aren't worth much unless it's on an uncovered character.

KGB

Definitely true in the short run. But as others have pointed out to me, you can't get to level 490+ without going through the 460s and 470s. So in the long run it does pay to get every plausibly achievable cover for top tier characters like SC. The only question is whether a cost like 6k HP for 1 good cover is worth the opportunity cost. IMO it's not right now for BRB, but maybe it would be for SC or Okoye. And each player's roster and financial position makes a big impact on the calculation.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Definitely true in the short run. But as others have pointed out to me, you can't get to level 490+ without going through the 460s and 470s. So in the long run it does pay to get every plausibly achievable cover for top tier characters like SC. The only question is whether a cost like 6k HP for 1 good cover is worth the opportunity cost. IMO it's not right now for BRB, but maybe it would be for SC or Okoye. And each player's roster and financial position makes a big impact on the calculation.

But now with ascension there is a new calculus. That is, struggling to get 5 star characters to L550 may be WAY slower that getting ascended characters (esp the 1 and 2 stars) to 550. So much so that you may bog down trying to get more than 1 or 2 to 550 at least for the average player like us.

So if you get a bunch of 550s then those 5 stars that you've been working on that are at 470-490 may simply be so far behind they are unusable especially newer ones that your working hard on in the 460 range like OR.

Too early to know for sure about ascension but from what we've seen posted many players who purchased a 450 ascended 1* already have that character in the 480s and above which says by Xmas they will have them at 550 which is an incredible pace.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Options

Unless those players play PVP 24/7, or hoarded standard tokens for years, no, they won't.
    It's still pretty slow to level up ascended 1s.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@KGB said:

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

KGB

But now with ascension there is a new calculus. That is, struggling to get 5 star characters to L550 may be WAY slower that getting ascended characters (esp the 1 and 2 stars) to 550. So much so that you may bog down trying to get more than 1 or 2 to 550 at least for the average player like us.

So if you get a bunch of 550s then those 5 stars that you've been working on that are at 470-490 may simply be so far behind they are unusable especially newer ones that your working hard on in the 460 range like OR.

Too early to know for sure about ascension but from what we've seen posted many players who purchased a 450 ascended 1* already have that character in the 480s and above which says by Xmas they will have them at 550 which is an incredible pace.

KGB

I think you are slightling overestimating the rate at which people get 1* covers. Given the cost of naturally building a fully ascended 1*, the rate of 5:1 cover accrual must be ~1:13 just to break even. I don't expect 550 ascended building to go much faster for regular players than regular 5* building does (i.e., glacially). The $20 ascended 5* offers may have been decent $/cover value from this perspective, but if it was too good relative to BCS' expectations then I doubt we will see another offer like very often (if ever).

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

KGB

KGB

I think you are slightling overestimating the rate at which people get 1* covers. Given the cost of naturally building a fully ascended 1*, the rate of 5:1 cover accrual must be ~1:13 just to break even. I don't expect 550 ascended building to go much faster for regular players than regular 5* building does (i.e., glacially). The $20 ascended 5* offers may have been decent $/cover value from this perspective, but if it was too good relative to BCS' expectations then I doubt we will see another offer like very often (if ever).

They will 100% offer all the 1s like that.
    Only reason they stopped is because we haven't gotten the next batch yet.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

@Vhailorx said:

@KGB said:

KGB

KGB

They will 100% offer all the 1s like that.
    Only reason they stopped is because we haven't gotten the next batch yet.

Offer for sale? Yes, definitely. Offer at $20 each? That depends on how many people bought the first batch and what d3/BCS' fiscal/player- progressions targets are, etc.