MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST – 10 YEAR CELEBRATION

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Womp Womp Womp.
    Was too good to be true.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 83 Match Maker

I just noticed the metassential mini vault is going to be available for only 3 days. Looks like they're rotating them out quicker.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    I mean that's the definition of "repeat" - that the contents stay the same.

For sure. Who would ever expect BCS to alter the contents of a repeat metassential vault. I'm sure they would never dream of taking 5.25k HP out of it. . .

Just to clarify my thoughts: the metassential vaults should either be refreshable, OR they can have HP in them to make them crazy good value. I accept that BCS can't do both from a financial perspective (clearly this is their take away from last year). But to do neither is a real disappointment for anniversary.

• Vhailorx

Hmm, it seems like the new metassential vaults are 3.5 days, so 2x as often. That's a pretty good change. Especially for those who can afford to drop 40 or 50k HP over the next few weeks.

As I recall it was kang>fosthor>brb, right? So we may get a chance to pull 6x fosthor covers next week gor 16k HP.

I also wonder if the optimum path for many players without endless HP resources will be to just buy the first 4k pack from each vault and see if you get most of the best stuff.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 312 Mover and Shaker

@Vhailorx said:
    Hmm, it seems like the new metassential vaults are 3.5 days, so 2x as often. That's a pretty good change. Especially for those who can afford to drop 40 or 50k HP over the next few weeks.

As I recall it was kang>fosthor>brb, right? So we may get a chance to pull 6x fosthor covers next week gor 16k HP.

I also wonder if the optimum path for many players without endless HP resources will be to just buy the first 4k pack from each vault and see if you get most of the best stuff.

No, this is the last open vault before it closes. Post-event vault will be the original first vault with the HP back in. See also the Discord screenshot in this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88884/the-mpq-grapevine-summer-fall-2023-edition/p6

• Vhailorx

@Zarqa said:

@Vhailorx said:

No, this is the last open vault before it closes. Post-event vault will be the original first vault with the HP back in. See also the Discord screenshot in this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88884/the-mpq-grapevine-summer-fall-2023-edition/p6

Thanks for that info. What a communications mess! Also, this second 3.5 day vault should definitely have been fosthor instead of Kang again.

I don't love being conspiratorial, but it's hard not to notice how there is consistently terrible communication about these sorts of details in a way that makes it very hard to for players to plan with their HP.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023

@Vhailorx said:

@Zarqa said:

@Vhailorx said:

Thanks for that info. What a communications mess! Also, this second 3.5 day vault should definitely have been fosthor instead of Kang again.

I don't love being conspiratorial, but it's hard not to notice how there is consistently terrible communication about these sorts of details in a way that makes it very hard to for players to plan with their HP.

How dare you complain you ungrateful ****, take this direct quote from Bad: "other game I play had it's 8th anniversary right now. 2 weeks, some bonus, some special call voted by players, some nice bundles and already moved to Halloween. That's all. And that's what all other games are about. It's hilarious how other players can complain when they get an awesome and pretty special treat. Give them more and they'll want triple. Some players feel entitled enough to probably demand a 24 hours line direct call with devs"

How dare you 😂

Obviously /s

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023

@Domitronas said:

How dare you complain you ungrateful ****, take this direct quote from Bad: "other game I play had it's 8th anniversary right now. 2 weeks, some bonus, some special call voted by players, some nice bundles and already moved to Halloween. That's all. And that's what all other games are about. It's hilarious how other players can complain when they get an awesome and pretty special treat. Give them more and they'll want triple. Some players feel entitled enough to probably demand a 24 hours line direct call with devs"

How dare you 😂

Obviously /s

Thanks. It seems now I have a volunteer spreading my word for me. Probably I'm becoming important without knowing it.
    And yeah, the offers are there like any other gacha game.
    No, devs won't call you personally for telling you the exact composition of the many vaults.
    Do you want them? Then spend the HP like every player.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2023

They didn’t communicate at all about the vaults switching last anniversary so not sure why anyone would expect them to do so this season considering they want people to spend their HP frivolously so you have to spend real money on the HP deal they’re running in order for you to keep pulling.

And they did communicate, at least on discord, about this mini vault resetting after about 2 days.

• Vhailorx
    edited October 2023

And now a wildcard lightning vault. 8k hp for 1.5 5* covers' worth of shards (plus mehulk and assorted minor items).

The extra 2k HP cost is a little painful, but it's still decent value, especially for anyone with a weaker roster still chasing the meta 5* characters.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:
    And now a wildcard lightning vault. 8k hp for 1.5 5* covers' worth of shards (plus mehulk and assorted minor items).

The extra 2k HP cost is a little painful, but it's still decent value, especially for anyone with a weaker roster still chasing the meta 5* characters.

This one got me my first 550, Okoye.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,604 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

This one got me a cover and a half of Doc Ock, who's now lvl541.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

This one got me a cover and a half of Doc Ock, who's now lvl541.

Very weak roster and chasing the meta!
    Yeah I got my Thanos to 496 with it.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker

@Vhailorx said:

With this I am now two covers away from having all classic 5s championed.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

Not a fan of the extra 2000 HP. 8000 HP is veering towards some of the better deals (like Choose Your Own Mega Adventure) which give a lot more for your $$$. I guess it all depends on how much HP one has vs disposable income.

• dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker

they will rerun some of these vaults??
    i miss elemental gun support

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

I have plenty of HP, but I'm not touching this one.
    Bring on more of the R5 supports!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@skittledaddy said:
    I have plenty of HP, but I'm not touching this one.
    Bring on more of the R5 supports!

I think this is the last day.

• JMAXWELLJR02
    JMAXWELLJR02 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

To the DEVS.
    EXCELLENT MONTH.!! EXCELLENT ANNIVERSARY ALL THE WAY AROUND MUCH APPRECIATED!! THANKS.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

There will be no more Metassential Vaults, right? Still have some tokens I didn't spend bc I went for a daily 10-pack.