MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST – 10 YEAR CELEBRATION

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

And now a max support lightning vault. If 6k HP vaults are going to be a thing then people will have to decide how much HP they can spend over the next 2 weeks.

I didn't go for Kang in the end as I suspected that future vaults might be even more compelling. A 5* support is certainly harder to get than most other items in the game right now, but relatively few supports have a major impact on player experience. [Edit: and as noted below there are changes coming to the support system, so the rarity of 5* supports may be about to fall significnatly.]

As a set, these lightning vaults are starting to feel like mid value luxury items. Not worthwhile for everyone, but maybe a good buy if they contain something that is especially useful to given player (e.g., champ levels for key character, an unopened support, or favorite ascended hero, etc).

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I see the current value with a 5* support in these vaults. But we know coming down the road is a system to level them up. This feels like a grab before devaluing this type of offer. I have a level 4 quantum already, I don't think I gain much going to level 5.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,323 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Yeah I see the current value with a 5* support in these vaults. But we know coming down the road is a system to level them up. This feels like a grab before devaluing this type of offer. I have a level 4 quantum already, I don't think I gain much going to level 5.

I went for this one with the 5* support since I have an abundance of HP post Ascension day. I'm sitting on double my normal stash of HP, so I figured nothing to lose. It may be devalued in the future, but I got a shiny 5* support for now

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Tony_Foot said:

I went for this one with the 5* support since I have an abundance of HP post Ascension day. I'm sitting on double my normal stash of HP, so I figured nothing to lose. It may be devalued in the future, but I got a shiny 5* support for now

So it is indeed a 5* support, bc if you click on it, it seems you are getting a 3* support.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,323 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Tony_Foot said:

So it is indeed a 5* support, bc if you click on it, it seems you are getting a 3* support.

it is yeah. I noticed it highlighted the L1 and L3 perks, but I think that was because I had the 3* already. Now that I have the 5*, all 3 perks are highlighted.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just a side question: Are supports still coming to pvp?

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So, next week is another boss event?
    Or is it an error in the timetable?

• Vhailorx
    Options

Now a fosthor vault. Good character, but not one that benefits hugely from champ levels (compared to someone like SC). No doubt purchase for anyone with 6k HP to spare and an unfinished fosthor, but not something I will go for myself.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does anyone know when we are supposed to get the preview for Peggy? I’m wondering if I want to open up a bunch of tokens and go all in on the current latest or if I should wait.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Now a fosthor vault. Good character, but not one that benefits hugely from champ levels (compared to someone like SC). No doubt purchase for anyone with 6k HP to spare and an unfinished fosthor, but not something I will go for myself.

Lol what?
    Her damage skyrockets with levels, put some on her.

• Vhailorx
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

Lol what?

Yes, health and power damage is good. But she doesn't true heal and a huge amount of her value is passive boardshake that has nothing to do with her level. So unless you are reliant on maximum damage from her actives the increased chance of her tanking makes her less sustainable as you add champ levels. It's not that she gains nothing from levels, she just doesn't gain as much as someone like SC, or okoye, or HEvo, oe colossus for whom each level is all upside.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,135 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

Lol what?

Yes, health and power damage is good. But she doesn't true heal and a huge amount of her value is passive boardshake that has nothing to do with her level. So unless you are reliant on maximum damage from her actives the increased chance of her tanking makes her less sustainable as you add champ levels. It's not that she gains nothing from levels, she just doesn't gain as much as someone like SC, or okoye, or HEvo, oe colossus for whom each level is all upside.

Lol wut. No.

Level up Thor. She has a ton of health and she does a ton of damage.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Does anyone know when we are supposed to get the preview for Peggy? I’m wondering if I want to open up a bunch of tokens and go all in on the current latest or if I should wait.

The only factor for that decision is between Omega and Peggy, Because Peggy would push out Omega from latest. CarMiles is pushing out VenomRex on Thursday. I doubt that Peggy will be as good as Omega, but anything is possible

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@bbigler said:

@Daredevil217 said:

The only factor for that decision is between Omega and Peggy, Because Peggy would push out Omega from latest. CarMiles is pushing out VenomRex on Thursday. I doubt that Peggy will be as good as Omega, but anything is possible

Yeah, that's kind of where I am. I'm looking to open a fair number of tokens to maximize my Omega Red, particularly since I think Venomsaurus is better than Miles so I probably want to open them now, but I really want to see if Peggy will be good before I do a serious investment of pulls.

If the preview isn't up soon, I'll almost certainly pull half of what I got, but still, I'd like to see...

• Vhailorx
    edited October 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

Lol what?

Lol wut. No.

You guys have 550s that you run with her. It's a different experience for baby champ rosters. The marginal offensive difference between 451 and 453 is small and is diminished if she tanks a lot more.

I don't feel bad about adding champ levels to her through natural play, but I don't give them as high a priority for HP or cash purchases as I do for premier tanks, whom I always want at the head of my pack. Fosthor is someone I always want around but don't necessarily want to be might highest level character.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,135 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Vhailorx said:

Lol what?

Lol wut. No.

You guys have 550s that you run with her. It's a different experience for baby champ rosters. The marginal offensive difference between 451 and 453 is small and is diminished if she tanks a lot more.

I don't feel bad about adding champ levels to her through natural play, but I don't give them as high a priority for HP or cash purchases as I do for premier tanks, whom I always want at the head of my pack. Fosthor is someone I always want around but don't necessarily want to be might highest level character.

The difference between any character at 451 and 453 is incredibly small, including their match damage. How would one or two levels cause her to tank over Shang-Chi, Evolutionary, or Colossus, three characters with passives that massively increase their match damage?

Feel free to buy or not buy whatever they sell, but to say that you shouldn't level up any character is weird and basically always unjustified.

Level up your guys. It's the entire point of the game.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't care if she tanks, I want her to murder the enemy team.
    At some point you'll have to accept that you're going to take lots of damage in PVP.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Jane is a proper Thunder Goddess, she just piles in and starts wrecking things, not like that cowardly skulking Asgardian hiding at the back! Let her tank all she likes!

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Exciting news!

To go along with the much loved Quandary boss event rerun and Heroic boss event there's a bonus PVE for Peggy covers full of waves nodes - Heart of Darkness running at the same time!