• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    It all sounds so cosy! Do you guys get health insurance plans and like dental? I am going to have to have some serious talks with my Co-Commander because we do NOT have a retirement option!

Yes! We have group health insurance, life insurance and a 401k match. We even have Paid Time Off too! I heard a rumor we might get pet insurance later this year!

Sorry everybody @ WE ARE MOOSE but this is goodbye...

Where do I sign up?

The collective will be in touch.
    They'll just assimilate you and put you wherever their hive mind thinks you fit best.

Y'all have a much different experience with these Alliance families than I do. I retired for nearly 3yrs and when I returned we were part of a family, but again, my alliance is still the same. Nothing has changed from my point-of-view. No one "higher" than us is telling us we must lend our people or anything like that. In the year I've been back we're playing like we've always played.

My Co-Commander came round at Easter and we had a BBQ and not once did he thank me for putting up with him all this time or tell me I could retire with benefits. I genuinely can't wait to join an Alliance that loves me for ME.

That's Dorm.
    As long as you bring points, we'll love you for being you.
    When you stop bringing points, I'll have to have a talk with you.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    It all sounds so cosy! Do you guys get health insurance plans and like dental? I am going to have to have some serious talks with my Co-Commander because we do NOT have a retirement option!

Yes! We have group health insurance, life insurance and a 401k match. We even have Paid Time Off too! I heard a rumor we might get pet insurance later this year!

Sorry everybody @ WE ARE MOOSE but this is goodbye...

Where do I sign up?

The collective will be in touch.
    They'll just assimilate you and put you wherever their hive mind thinks you fit best.

Y'all have a much different experience with these Alliance families than I do. I retired for nearly 3yrs and when I returned we were part of a family, but again, my alliance is still the same. Nothing has changed from my point-of-view. No one "higher" than us is telling us we must lend our people or anything like that. In the year I've been back we're playing like we've always played.

My Co-Commander came round at Easter and we had a BBQ and not once did he thank me for putting up with him all this time or tell me I could retire with benefits. I genuinely can't wait to join an Alliance that loves me for ME.

That's Dorm.
    As long as you bring points, we'll love you for being you.
    When you stop bringing points, I'll have to have a talk with you.

@turbomoose - Negotiations!!!!

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Do KA have an active Alliance in every single time slice?

They have roughly 67 alliances total, so yes.

Lol. Actually KA has a total of 16 alliances. Which is a lot, but not sure if it's the biggest family.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Lol. Actually KA has a total of 16 alliances. Which is a lot, but not sure if it's the biggest family.

How on earth can you keep track of 320 players that you're not allowed to attack in PvP? And that's to say nothing of the (presumably) several other full alliance-wide truces you're required to abide by...

• DAZ0273

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Wait there are more options?!?!?

I like the idea of KA and the retirement plan but I am not sure I could keep up with the amount of Mafia hits required and I don't have easy access to Horse heads.

I like the idea of Bowgentle's Alliance of love but it does also sound like they might beat me up at any given moment.

I really like Entrailbucket's KILL Everything deal but my roster is at least 1,569 levels below his so he might not notice I joined.

So hit me with the good stuff!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

How on earth can you keep track of 320 players that you're not allowed to attack in PvP? And that's to say nothing of the (presumably) several other full alliance-wide truces you're required to abide by...

Easy! The Commanders of every alliance has access to a shared spreadsheet. We're required to record the points of every member, which tallies up the full total for the Family.

There is also a tab for a hit-list too. I believe I saw your name on it. PM if you like to get removed. Perhaps we can negotiate.

Note: I'm completely kidding about all this, but wouldn't be surprised if other families use this method

• Bowgentle

You can only join KA if you survive seeing Nonnel's hoard.
    It's a lot worse than horse heads, believe me.

• entrailbucket

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Easy! The Commanders of every alliance has access to a shared spreadsheet. We're required to record the points of every member, which tallies up the full total for the Family.

There is also a tab for a hit-list too. I believe I saw your name on it. PM if you like to get removed. Perhaps we can negotiate.

Note: I'm completely kidding about all this, but wouldn't be surprised if other families use this method

Silly me! Of course you wouldn't need a spreadsheet to remember the names of all 320 players in your alliance! It's all just one big happy family where everyone hangs out on the weekends!

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

This thread has an awful lot of ‘you’re playing it wrong!’ going on. EB, I expect you’re just doing your arguing for arguing’s sake thing again. But I’ll take the bait: is it really that hard to believe people can socialize with more than 20 people? And that they can have fun in a way that’s different from yours? And that even if it might not be AS fun as in the old days, it doesn’t mean that it is NOT fun now?

I understand a conversation about the effect of large alliance families on the game. That has merit. But can we please stop the convo about whether people are allowed to enjoy being in one or not?

Or if you have to, then please be more like DAZ… 😂

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

I aspire to be more like DAZ…

• Bowgentle

Waking up with horse heads?

• entrailbucket

@Zarqa said:
    This thread has an awful lot of ‘you’re playing it wrong!’ going on. EB, I expect you’re just doing your arguing for arguing’s sake thing again. But I’ll take the bait: is it really that hard to believe people can socialize with more than 20 people? And that they can have fun in a way that’s different from yours? And that even if it might not be AS fun as in the old days, it doesn’t mean that it is NOT fun now?

I understand a conversation about the effect of large alliance families on the game. That has merit. But can we please stop the convo about whether people are allowed to enjoy being in one or not?

Or if you have to, then please be more like DAZ… 😂

I mean, my first post on this topic was roughly "I feel like something has been lost in terms of teamwork with the way the top players are playing today," which is basically exactly what you said there.

Of course people can have fun playing this way. Would they have more fun if they played a different way? Who knows! Maybe, maybe not. I think so, but that's my opinion.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Waking up with horse heads?

Godfather movie reference

KGB

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

@DAZ0273 said:

@TheXMan said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I really don't see the need for rewards to drop off that cliff and plunge so far down the side like that. Honestly if the Devs want to reward the big Alliances then why not put them in a category of their own and have a lower tier for the rest of the Alliances with something a bit more worthwhile to play for.

Maybe add in CLs?

I guess they would need to figure out how to match that with Alliance strength rather than individual player strength.

We know the software isn’t nimble but gating it by SCL and forcing a commander to join first and choose the SCL would work. They’d obviously need to work hard to tune the awards and make them significant enough at every level (maybe they even charge entrance HP at the top levels to make rewards bigger), but I think they could potentially make this a marquee monthly event and get some big time pickup.

They thought small with this one. They should think big next time.

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Silly me! Of course you wouldn't need a spreadsheet to remember the names of all 320 players in your alliance! It's all just one big happy family where everyone hangs out on the weekends!

Of course we do! In our family, everybody knows your name, where everybody's grinding on the weekend.

Cheers loverboy!

• DAZ0273

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Of course we do! In our family, everybody knows your name, where everybody's grinding on the weekend.

Cheers loverboy!

It's like the pub in Cheers! Cue the song again!

Making your way in the world today takes everything you got
    Taking a break from your Story mode troubles
    Sure would help a lot
    Wouldn't you like to get away?
    Sometimes you want to go
    Where all the Alliance knows your name
    PvE scores are always great!
    You wanna be in a KA team
    Where Top 25 you'll always make
    You wanna be where every player knows your name

• Punisher5784

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Mrcl25 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Cheers loverboy!

It's like the pub in Cheers! Cue the song again!

Making your way in the world today takes everything you got
    Taking a break from your Story mode troubles
    Sure would help a lot
    Wouldn't you like to get away?
    Sometimes you want to go
    Where all the Alliance knows your name
    PvE scores are always great!
    You wanna be in a KA team
    Where Top 25 you'll always make
    You wanna be where every player knows your name

Lol yup. I was referencing Cheers