New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So 2 hrs 15 to go and this could go either way still!

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

surely this one will get rebooted/remastered even as not long now!

to a degree I can understand the lack of communication on the calendar and other matters for the last few months if they are stretched with the anniversary events but surely a quick message to say 'oops theres an issue, will likely get the event reset if cant be done prior to start time' would be handy when issues are detected.

• DAZ0273
    Options

From Devpool @ Discord:

@here Hey Everyone! Jumping in here to answer some questions regarding the Boss Event. This month's Boss Event is going to be a bit different, Murderworld Demastered is the same Boss Fight you all normally participate in while Murderworld Remastered is an updated Heroic Boss. Fight a much harder Arcade using X-Men characters to compete with other alliances to earn premium rewards. Not in an alliance or your alliance doesn't want to compete, that's ok. There is no progression so you don't have to participate if you don't have to. As for the "Join an Alliance" button it is a visual bug and if you are already in an alliance it can be ignored.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yo @IceIX or @DevpoolMPQ_BCS , any word on if this is intended or not? We're about an hour from this event starting, and no idea how to direct my alliance to tackle this event.

Is this trying to force us to choose between picking one side with purely progression rewards that are basically guaranteed, or the other side and playing optimally until the bitter end in the hopes of scoring much more lucrative placement rewards?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Apparently you can do both - one is normal and the other has no progression rewards.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So yes - we ARE getting a Placement based Alliance event - I can only imagine that the guys wo finish these things in 20 minutes flat are gonna be ready to go on that one...

• DAZ0273
    Options

Question asked about Merc'ing for the placement Boss Event- no answer yet

• DAZ0273
    Options

I gotta go in 5 minutes my lovely Forumites so apologies if no further news on the big Merc before I leave but it is on Discord right now for anybody who plays there.

• DAZ0273
    Options

As you might imagine - the one hour notice on this is going down well!

Have fun!

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

At least finally we get some kind of an answer after the long radio silence from the team.

So basically what it equates to is there’s literally no reason to even try the remastered side. Kinda silly but w/e

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I mean if it's total points, you need to hit every refresh perfectly.
    That won't be draining, at all.

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

thingy is dificult

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So confusing. So many questions.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So yes - we ARE getting a Placement based Alliance event - I can only imagine that the guys wo finish these things in 20 minutes flat are gonna be ready to go on that one...

Well, the interesting thing about that is that the top PvE alliances aren't actually alliances at all -- they're just empty shells that get filled up with random players from all different alliances for the end of the event.

If the boss event locks players into an alliance, I don't know who will be on top, but probably won't be the "alliances" that typically win PvEs.

• Carmela
    Carmela Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Es gibt das Demastered und Remastered ...

Das Demastered Murderworld ist aufgebaut wie sonst die bisherigen Allianzevents

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The pop-up would seem to indicate that this is it. So I'm not sure I understand - there are no progression rewards at all for the "remastered" event, just alliance placement rewards, which generally aren't a thing at all? I guess they're just testing this? If our alliance plays we can get some 5* shards and SS covers, but otherwise... ?

• Carmela
    Carmela Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2023
    Options

Meine Ally spielt Demastered

Das gab ja schon mal dieses verwirrende Arcade Event... man spielt am Besten mit der Ally geschlossen das Demastered (das verpixelte), wenn die jeweiligen Missionen durch sibd, kann man glaube ich (ich weiß es aber nicht mehr sicher), trotzdem noch zum Anderen um da auch noch mal Belohnungen abzustauben :p

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    As you might imagine - the one hour notice on this is going down well!

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Well, the interesting thing about that is that the top PvE alliances aren't actually alliances at all -- they're just empty shells that get filled up with random players from all different alliances for the end of the event.

If the boss event locks players into an alliance, I don't know who will be on top, but probably won't be the "alliances" that typically win PvEs.

By far the best part of this. Imagine the stress of coordinating every hit of this through a weekend, plus end of events and season

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The remastered event confuses me. It looks like there are only alliance placement rewards. If this is the case, why would most alliances pursue a much harder event with rewards that aren't that great outside of the top 25?

• DAZ0273
    Options

It is only placement.