New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I figured anything in T250 was worth playing for. After that, not so much. We were on the edge of 250 but ended up at 267. I suggested to the alliance to push for it after we'd finished Demastered.

I made the choice not to get up at 4am to try to edge us over for the sake of 1 Silver Samurai cover, and we wouldn't have made it if I had. About half the alliance didn't really try, but rosters are what they are and taking part is going to be difficult for some. Given we didn't know the format until the event started, it was difficult to coordinate on in-game chat.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really don't see the need for rewards to drop off that cliff and plunge so far down the side like that. Honestly if the Devs want to reward the big Alliances then why not put them in a category of their own and have a lower tier for the rest of the Alliances with something a bit more worthwhile to play for.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Sloshed said:
    You don't need 5* rosters to do it - it certainly helps.....but what's more important is that everyone can complete the round without any misses. Some coordination also helps.....

I would personally like to see more rounds instead of what happened. Put in an extra 4-6 rounds, and up the rewards for each round to match what 1-2 got in this event. It would give people more emphasis to clear all the rounds as far as they can go

Yeah when I was in Prime we always would blow through the early rounds in like an hour, that's the key.
    It always annoys me when we have only 7 people show up during the first two hours.

I did bring in the early round strategy of hitting the Boss only to open up and save side clears to my guys too over the past year (the Alliance used to be much stronger but lost key players never replaced) - emphasising how important it is to get as much under your belt in the first 24 hours but it doesn't seem to stick for whatever reason - lack of availability at the event start I imagine being the key. As we don't boot people for any reason unless they are missing for days then it isn't fair to punish people who can't contribute what we would like and doing so would change the fundamental nature of the Alliance probably not in a great way.

So on a Soap Box here it is I guess! ;) Sorry everybody.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would you want to give up your spot to someone from outside your alliance? You're on the team, they're not!

because it's not just one alliance, it's a family of alliances

What's stopping someone from creating an "alliance family" of 1000 players and shuffling them all around every event? Why not just merge every single alliance in the top 100 and call that a "family?"

You think it's that easy to just merge alliances? When my alliance tried to grow years ago it was a huge challenge trying to maintain the second one. It almost became a second job. It takes a lot of dedication to build and maintain these family alliances.

My alliance is also part of KA. It sounds like you want to join a family of your own.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Managing an alliance family is like herding a litter of brainless cats, while having your deranged uncle shouting at you "I need more people to fill my house!"

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would you want to give up your spot to someone from outside your alliance? You're on the team, they're not!

What's stopping someone from creating an "alliance family" of 1000 players and shuffling them all around every event? Why not just merge every single alliance in the top 100 and call that a "family?"

You think it's that easy to just merge alliances? When my alliance tried to grow years ago it was a huge challenge trying to maintain the second one. It almost became a second job. It takes a lot of dedication to build and maintain these family alliances.

My alliance is also part of KA. It sounds like you want to join a family of your own.

You make it sound like you are all Mafia Crime syndicates... "Da family grows but we don't talk to strangers, capeesh?" :D:p:p

• Punisher5784
    Options

I agree the alliance rewards were lacking since you're playing an entire event without any additional progression awards. My alliance could have made T50 but am extra 25 5* shards is pointless.

The alliance placement is already tracked in Demaster, so why did we need a separate event? The best part of Boss events is that it's a relaxing period at the end of the season. Now it's grind two boss events.

At the very least they could have also done Player Placement too so at least the players themselves got a bit more rewards for their efforts.

Also... Boosts and health packs as an award? They could have just done a progression of just these items.

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:

You make it sound like you are all Mafia Crime syndicates... "Da family grows but we don't talk to strangers, capeesh?" :D:p:p

Hahaha.. I'm not involved in the Alliance stuff anymore. My Commanding days ended when I last retired. I also was retired when my alliance got acquired so I don't know the negotiations lol.

I'm just happy that it's less stressful being apart of a alliance family. It made it easier for the Commanders who are building their real families outside the game. That's the important part

Btw, I don't know anyone with the alliance family that doesn't talk to "strangers". I still maintain my relationships with others outside the alliance.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Sloshed said:

@StanleyBurrell said:
    I would truly like to see how the T25 would change if people were locked in for every event. Would be fun.

Prime didn't change anyone from the beginning. We were the same 20 players throughout the whole thing - KA Jedi also, and I think it was the same for all of the KA alliances.

I'm not happy that you could swap players, it should have been properly locked in from the get go - I wouldn't want this treated like a typical PvE

I am talking about every single PvE event.

• arejaygee
    arejaygee Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

I lived through a couple of alliance mergers & it’s tough. It requires a lot of cooperation & communication ahead of time & after. Running & coordinating a family is a lot of work—I don’t regret retiring when I did & moving on to single alliance life.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options

I am in a top 25 Alliance - therefore I enjoyed this! Is it that simple?

Overall like the idea, though the event needs the rewards tweaking as others said.
    25th - 1075 5* Shards equivalent
    26th - 50 5* Shards - that's a big drop and would suck to be the 26th alliance.

As with other stuff, they should be communicating it better beforehand. Sell it as the bonus rewards that it is and gives us a bit better expectation going in.

We did communicate way more during this boss than regular ones, and that added to the fun and game engagement. Small changes like that are what bring in some freshness after nearly 10 years of playing.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    I am in a top 25 Alliance - therefore I enjoyed this! Is it that simple?

Devs be:

Would you like some extra steak to go with your steak? Refill that Champagne glass, it is only 3/4 full! ;)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:

So, no. I'm happy where I'm at, even though we're nowhere close to competitive anymore.

What's funny is that you pointed out how difficult it'd be to merge that many alliances, not how ridiculous it'd be for the top 2000 players to just declare that they were all on the same team now.

I'd also point out that the vast majority of this discussion involves talk of how much "work" it is, and business terms like mergers and acquisitions, yet no discussion of, y'know, FUN, and camaraderie.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Do KA have an active Alliance in every single time slice?

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

All I gotta say is this game has gone the way of life! “The rich get richer and the rest are forgotten about”. This boss event proves it!

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:

So, no. I'm happy where I'm at, even though we're nowhere close to competitive anymore.

What's funny is that you pointed out how difficult it'd be to merge that many alliances, not how ridiculous it'd be for the top 2000 players to just declare that they were all on the same team now.

I'd also point out that the vast majority of this discussion involves talk of how much "work" it is, and business terms like mergers and acquisitions, yet no discussion of, y'know, FUN, and camaraderie.

Prior to my retirement we were already a T50-100 PvE/PvP alliance so nothing has changed, other than it's easier to manage now. The core members of our team are still here.

I never said we don't have fun, I just pointed out that we don't talk as much as we used to because we're all married and have become parents since we started our alliance. We're just busy adulting! Many of us keep chugging along because of the alliance and we care about one another.

What is the reason for all this complaining? If your alliance isn't hitting T100 on regular PvE then there was no point in playing Remaster. That's why the Devs said it's Optional. I don't agree with their approach but be mad at them, not the alliances

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I really don't see the need for rewards to drop off that cliff and plunge so far down the side like that. Honestly if the Devs want to reward the big Alliances then why not put them in a category of their own and have a lower tier for the rest of the Alliances with something a bit more worthwhile to play for.

Maybe add in CLs?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Do KA have an active Alliance in every single time slice?

They have roughly 67 alliances total, so yes.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@TheXMan said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Maybe add in CLs?

I guess they would need to figure out how to match that with Alliance strength rather than individual player strength.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@TheXMan said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Maybe add in CLs?

I was thinking about that to, like Alliance Shield Clearance Level, but idk how that would even work.