New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Do KA have an active Alliance in every single time slice?

They have roughly 67 alliances total, so yes.

Yikes. I have to assume they are at different levels of competition and not simply 1300 of the best players??!?!?! Coz that would be quite insane!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Do KA have an active Alliance in every single time slice?

They have roughly 67 alliances total, so yes.

Yikes. I have to assume they are at different levels of competition and not simply 1300 of the best players??!?!?! Coz that would be quite insane!

No. Not all the Alliances of any family are T100, not everyone can be T100. When I returned from retirement, I had to rebuild my roster, so I was able to go to a T200-300 alliance. Then when I was able to at least roster every character I went back to my old alliance, but honestly, this is no different than rather we're in a "family" or not.

There are also Retirement Alliances so you have a place to be while you're not competitive, which I like that option.

• DAZ0273
    Options

It all sounds so cosy! Do you guys get health insurance plans and like dental? I am going to have to have some serious talks with my Co-Commander because we do NOT have a retirement option!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

KA is using Org Charts to keep track of all their teams.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

These top alliances tend to have very high requirements for level of play, which lead to frequent burnout and tons of players quitting. You need a constant stream of new players if you want to stay competitive -- hence the "acquisitions."

• Bowgentle
    Options

Join Dorm.
    We're lazy.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Join Dorm.
    We're lazy.

That would certainly complete the circle -- I think I did promise Beast 9 years ago that I'd come back before I retired (I was one of the three founders of Dormanmu U in 2014).

• Bowgentle
    Options

I know.
    We remember you being NICE to people on LINE.
    Don't worry, we won't tell anyone.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I know.

I also remember randomly meeting someone from a small PvE-only alliance called Kick ****, teaching him and the rest of his alliance how to fight as a team, and bringing them into the forum truce rooms. I actually created the LINE room that became KA BC -- I think that room is still around in some form.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It all sounds so cosy! Do you guys get health insurance plans and like dental? I am going to have to have some serious talks with my Co-Commander because we do NOT have a retirement option!

Yes! We have group health insurance, life insurance and a 401k match. We even have Paid Time Off too! I heard a rumor we might get pet insurance later this year!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Yes! We have group health insurance, life insurance and a 401k match. We even have Paid Time Off too! I heard a rumor we might get pet insurance later this year!

Sorry everybody @ WE ARE MOOSE but this is goodbye...

Where do I sign up?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

The collective will be in touch.
    They'll just assimilate you and put you wherever their hive mind thinks you fit best.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I know.

It must have been like learning Obi Wan knew about your twin sister all along but now he is a ghost and it is too late to not write in your diary "Kissed a girl today...it was HOT!"

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

They'll just assimilate you and put you wherever their hive mind thinks you fit best.

They should rename themselves The Borg! Or The Phalanx! Body snatchers? Who do I talk to about this?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    I know.

It must have been like learning Obi Wan knew about your twin sister all along but now he is a ghost and it is too late to not write in your diary "Kissed a girl today...it was HOT!"

I mean, playing like a jerk has zero to do with being a jerk. I've had plenty of friendly conversations with people whilst repeatedly sniping them for 500 points.

It's when people can't separate game stuff from reality that things get weird. I ended up having to block almost everyone on LINE because it just got tiresome having to hear constant sad, angry whining about me or my teammates.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

Y'all have a much different experience with these Alliance families than I do. I retired for nearly 3yrs and when I returned we were part of a family, but again, my alliance is still the same. Nothing has changed from my point-of-view. No one "higher" than us is telling us we must lend our people or anything like that. In the year I've been back we're playing like we've always played.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    I know.

I mean, playing like a jerk has zero to do with being a jerk. I've had plenty of friendly conversations with people whilst repeatedly sniping them for 500 points.

It's when people can't separate game stuff from reality that things get weird. I ended up having to block almost everyone on LINE because it just got tiresome having to hear constant sad, angry whining about me or my teammates.

Of course! Obi Wan is the best Jedi despite this little mistake! Your reputation is fine! I would join your Alliance - sorry Mooses!

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

Y'all have a much different experience with these Alliance families than I do. I retired for nearly 3yrs and when I returned we were part of a family, but again, my alliance is still the same. Nothing has changed from my point-of-view. No one "higher" than us is telling us we must lend our people or anything like that. In the year I've been back we're playing like we've always played.

I've been making fun of the KA collective for 9 years, I'm not going to stop now.
    I've been part of it for... 3 or something.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

My Co-Commander came round at Easter and we had a BBQ and not once did he thank me for putting up with him all this time or tell me I could retire with benefits. I genuinely can't wait to join an Alliance that loves me for ME.

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Where do I sign up?

I've been making fun of the KA collective for 9 years, I'm not going to stop now.
    I've been part of it for... 3 or something.

I guess I just never paid much attention to the Alliance stuff enough. At this point in my MPQ career, I'm basically only known as the "guy who does the Meeting posts" lol