New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think anyone will actively try to "win" remastered.
    I'll just be playing both like I would every boss event, hitting every refresh for the ISO and the chance for a daily bonus reward because, you know, no regular PVE.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to run a boss event with only alliance placement rewards needs a reality check with the playerbase.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think by far the most likely outcome from thus is that sub-elite alliances will be less likely to maximize their rewards because players will split efforts between the two events.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It's a totally optional extra thing that doesn't affect anybody who doesn't choose to engage with it. There is zero downside to running something like that.

Why not roll this into the normal boss event?
    Just add alliance placement reward to that, done.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:
    It's a totally optional extra thing that doesn't affect anybody who doesn't choose to engage with it. There is zero downside to running something like that.

Well, I think people would find a way to get upset about that too. Remember when they added placement to the Gauntlet and people lost their minds over it?

But also, who cares? If you don't want to do the placement boss event, don't do it.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's double CP for a Boss event at the very least. Anything else is just extra.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It's double CP for a Boss event at the very least. Anything else is just extra.

Ah. There are node rewards, indeed.
    That's a plus.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

That's what I'm confused about! It's been awhile and it was only a few times, but we've had Alliance Placement in Boss events before.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

I must say, the background in the battles wreaks havoc on my eyes.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Dogface said:
    I must say, the background in the battles wreaks havoc on my eyes.

It is quite loud.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I actually like the background to the remastered side. A lot more bright and colorful and more interesting than the stale background that’s usually there.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I don't think anyone will actively try to "win" remastered.

I think you are very wrong. Watch the end grinding. I have seen a lot of people wanting to chase this harder because of the lack of feeder and having very few of his covers.

This is excellent for me, what I've wanted for years. A reason to keep going on boss events, shame there isn't progression+ rewards but this is better than nothing.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    So yes - we ARE getting a Placement based Alliance event - I can only imagine that the guys wo finish these things in 20 minutes flat are gonna be ready to go on that one...

Well, the interesting thing about that is that the top PvE alliances aren't actually alliances at all -- they're just empty shells that get filled up with random players from all different alliances for the end of the event.

If the boss event locks players into an alliance, I don't know who will be on top, but probably won't be the "alliances" that typically win PvEs.

I dunno who belongs where and who has swapped and who shouldn't be here but here is the Top 10 at this time in ReMastered:

1. BattleCats
    2. EF Spec Oops
    3. Ampersand
    4. BattleCatProwl
    5. Deadpool'sTacos
    6. KA Jedi
    7. ELITE FORCES
    8. axe Reavers
    9. BattlecatMEOW
    10. XTREMIS
  • Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah those are legit - for now.
    Who knows how swaps will look in the end, and who will be in those t10 crews.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don’t think you can swap during boss events though. I mean you can, but I don’t think you take your score with you. Unless they coded Remastered differently.

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I fully expect that the t10/t25 when the event ends will not be hugely different than what we see most regular PVEs. It will be interesting to see whether the increase in difficulty in latter rounds has any impact on things, but I suspect not.

What is annoying however, is the final 4 hour window. For me, being in the UK, this runs from 1am to 5am, so if I wanted to assist my alliance in staying competitive, I’d need to either get up/stay up a few hours later than I’d like to. Fortunately my current alliance will make no such demands, but there are likely alliances out there who would!!

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

@CharlieCroker said:

What is annoying however, is the final 4 hour window. For me, being in the UK, this runs from 1am to 5am, so if I wanted to assist my alliance in staying competitive, I’d need to either get up/stay up a few hours later than I’d like to. Fortunately my current alliance will make no such demands, but there are likely alliances out there who would!!

I agree, I am also UK-based and I know this has been mentioned a couple of times on the forum previously. It impacts on a number of countries in similar time zones. The final window should be 8 hours, the same as all the other windows. If placement for alliance events becomes a regular thing then this needs to be addressed.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,644 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JimboJambo said:

@CharlieCroker said:

I agree, I am also UK-based and I know this has been mentioned a couple of times on the forum previously. It impacts on a number of countries in similar time zones. The final window should be 8 hours, the same as all the other windows. If placement for alliance events becomes a regular thing then this needs to be addressed.

Quite a few of us have brought this up in the past: finishing a boss event with a 4h window ending at 5am on a Monday morning does feel like deliberate trolling!

• Bowgentle
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:
    I don’t think you can swap during boss events though. I mean you can, but I don’t think you take your score with you. Unless they coded Remastered differently.

You can take your score with you, yes.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Well, that is disappointing