New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• Sloshed
    Sloshed Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    So any team member who doesn't "make the cut" gets kicked for a "pinch hitter?" Truly, sounds like a valued member of the team!

That's where you are dead wrong. I'll gladly give up my spot in KA Prime when my scores for PvE are not up to scratch to someone else who's done better than myself. We're not some stingy yokes who demands to stay in a T10 only alliance.

I had that exact issue for over 2 months of the summer, where I moved in and out of KA Prime due to not having optimal PvE scores - typically I moved to one of the T25 alliances, and was happy there - anything to help out the family

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Why would you want to give up your spot to someone from outside your alliance? You're on the team, they're not! Alliances should lock for every event. A team is 20 players, not 200 that shuffle around.

• Sloshed
    Options

@justsing said:
    Remastered Boss - Alliance Placement Rewards
    T2: six 5* covers + 150 5* shards
    T10: four 5* covers + 100 5* shards
    T25: two 5* covers + 75 5* shards
    T50: 50 5* shards
    T100: 25 5* shards

That's a ridiculous drop off in rewards. Why isn't the reward distribution more gradual? T25 gets two 5* covers and 75 5* shards, but if you happen to be right outside of T25, you only get 50 5* shards. Never mind that you and your alliance still played hard. Honestly, I would have been better off not playing Remastered side at all than going hard all weekend and getting lower than T25.

And because you're not locked into the alliance you joined the boss event for alliance placement, the boss event just became another typical PVE event with people swapping around and mercing for better placement.

I would have preferred the old Civil War style of rewards to this next setup. At least with Civil War, the rewards I got were proportional to the time and effort I put in.

Could you please reevaluate the rewards system for the next run? @DevpoolMPQ_BCS @IceIX @MPQBlaine

Actually we don't know yet, there's a few of us guessing that there's going to be a lot of surprised people not getting what they are expecting. I'm fairly sure that whatever alliance you joined at the start is where you will end up. So those hopping around trying to get better rewards might find themselves fairly disappointed.......and rightly so.

But we don't know yet, so lets see what the outcry is after all is said and done.

• Sloshed
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would you want to give up your spot to someone from outside your alliance? You're on the team, they're not!

because it's not just one alliance, it's a family of alliances

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Why would you want to give up your spot to someone from outside your alliance? You're on the team, they're not!

What's stopping someone from creating an "alliance family" of 1000 players and shuffling them all around every event? Why not just merge every single alliance in the top 100 and call that a "family?"

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

I would truly like to see how the T25 would change if people were locked in for every event. Would be fun.

• Sloshed
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Sloshed said:

@entrailbucket said:

What's stopping someone from creating an "alliance family" of 1000 players and shuffling them all around every event? Why not just merge every single alliance in the top 100 and call that a "family?"

if you want to, have at it

• entrailbucket
    Options

And we'd all be on one big happy team, despite not knowing each other or ever playing together. But we could get the best rewards for all the top players, and that's all that matters!

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Personally, I loved the event. They're all extra rewards, in addition to the standard boss event rewards. My alliance came in t25, but it was pretty close -- we could easily have fallen out of it. And the steep drop-off in rewards at each level made the competition intense -- we were all cheering on our alliance-mates to get that extra clear in and checking in with each other all weekend. Normally we finish the boss event on Friday night and then just stop. I know the rewards are substantially better for t10, and then again for t2, but it doesn't bother me that those alliances get substantially more rewards for having more coordination and more committed players. If we'd slid out of t25 at the end, I would have been frustrated for sure, but I would have still loved the intensity of the competition and the fact that there were significant stakes, and would be planning with my alliance how we could improve our performance for next time!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Experiences belonging to the high top game enders. I wonder if that's about 0.3% of the playerbase or less.
    I'm in the 5% having almost all 5*s champed and actually my alliance was the only thing that stopped me from retirement. It's the responsability of trying the best to help them, scoring or giving advices.
    No merc at all, I've been in 2 alliances the one I randomly landed and the one which I moved with the most active players.
    And just playing steadily, actively, and each one scoring what they want. Playing like if were us playing the game and not the opposite, in other words.
    I kind of like this new reward system, why not.
    Actually yesterday I said to my alliance: " we are t85. If we continue playing we could keep 25 dinosaur shards, but imo it doesn't worth the effort, so I'll stop. You can continue if you want ".
    And that's all.

• Sloshed
    Options

@StanleyBurrell said:
    I would truly like to see how the T25 would change if people were locked in for every event. Would be fun.

Prime didn't change anyone from the beginning. We were the same 20 players throughout the whole thing - KA Jedi also, and I think it was the same for all of the KA alliances.

I'm not happy that you could swap players, it should have been properly locked in from the get go - I wouldn't want this treated like a typical PvE

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

I enjoyed that. First time in a long long time that we have had the whole alliance pushing start to finish. I’ve said it before, there should be small rewards past the alliance and personal progression to keep people going through out .

I badly needed the dino covers as did most of my alliance and we smashed it.

More like this please.

Which alliance came 25th? I feel for them.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My guys came in 893rd - we fought hard for our 25 Arcade shards and given only 8 members (including the 2 commanders) even have a champed 5* I think they did the best they could. Next time though maybe the Devs might not laugh at us so hard with the 1 x health pack...

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Post from Devpool on Reddit about the future of these heroic boss events:
    https://reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/s/CKpLpjXFL9

Relevant quote:

Chiming in real quick. The intent of this heroic boss mode is to create a tier of challenge above that of normal boss encounters. This mode is meant as an additional challenge, and one that we hope will give players more to aspire to and overcome in the game. 2024 (the latter part at least) is littered with plans to improve and expand upon social / alliance features and challenges for you to overcome together. While we certainly plan to iterate on the numbers with regard to reward structure and overall difficulty, I don’t expect the intent of these hardcore boss encounters to change much.

Also, the Arcade boss fight (with its dual Civil War style format) probably makes it difficult to understand what our future plans are for these. Going forward for boss battles that don’t have a dual component to them, you’ll simply see two boss events appear with the hardcore one stylized in an obvious manner. The reward structure for normal boss fights will remain, so hardcore boss rewards are purely additional.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hmm.

I really don't know how we are supposed to take this. On the one hand I hope the the big Alliances enjoy their extra prizes now offering, what 4 5* covers per Boss event?

What are the rest of us supposed to do? I saw first time around the suggestion was basically "Don't play" which I guess sums it up but surely this can be made a bit more appealing for a broader range of Alliances? What about taking the leader board finishes of this one and making Divisions spread across the whole thing? So The top X amount are in Div 1, and so forth? Obviously the top prizes don't have to be as good in each tier but they can still be better than 25 shards and a health pack surely? I posted early on the Top 10 and was told pretty much that give or take it was the same old expected names so really the top end is a foregone conclusion basically right? But at least the lower divisions could be worth playing in and obviously if you place well enough you can go up or down. It might even encourage engagement - I appreciate that my Alliance finish as posted is pretty pathetic but those of us who played and could play later in to the event still put in considerable effort worth millions of points, so it isn't just like we sat it out on the bench with a hot cocoa. Our players are growing as they go but I think this sort of thing could be a good thing if the format is adapted to make it more accessible. We won't qualify for the Champions League but we can still have a go in the Johnstone Paint Trophy!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yeah if they keep that structure, it's rich getting richer, which I'm not sure is the intended purpose.
    Normal PVE T10 with a single LT aren't quite game breaking, I'm not sure how I feel about 2x2 5* covers for T10.
    Sure, it's "extra", but that's a lot of extra.

• Sloshed
    Options

You don't need 5* rosters to do it - it certainly helps.....but what's more important is that everyone can complete the round without any misses. Some coordination also helps.....

I would personally like to see more rounds instead of what happened. Put in an extra 4-6 rounds, and up the rewards for each round to match what 1-2 got in this event. It would give people more emphasis to clear all the rounds as far as they can go

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Sloshed said:
    You don't need 5* rosters to do it - it certainly helps.....but what's more important is that everyone can complete the round without any misses. Some coordination also helps.....

I would personally like to see more rounds instead of what happened. Put in an extra 4-6 rounds, and up the rewards for each round to match what 1-2 got in this event. It would give people more emphasis to clear all the rounds as far as they can go

Yeah when I was in Prime we always would blow through the early rounds in like an hour, that's the key.
    It always annoys me when we have only 7 people show up during the first two hours.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think the knowledge that the rewards they could get were basically pathetic killed this for my guys before they even started. It wasn't a case of "Oh it is just some extra rewards for not much", it was finish your Boss Clears twice every 8 hours (with no mistakes) - guess they didn't fancy that or couldn't achieve it. On the normal one they reached Round 8 but didn't finish thanks to 3 missing players but on the Remastered one we didn't even clear Round 6 and scores dropped off a cliff. In order to ensure we even got as high as we did I played at 4am this morning but that just goes to show how stupid I am. I played the exact same amount of time and effort on this as I did the other one but the rewards were pathetic and I don't think a bit of extra co-ordination are gonna shoot us up 800 places, lol! My buddy and I made this Alliance 7 years ago so we ain't going nowhere else so either this gets made a bit less locked in for the elite or this is probably our first and last time bothering which is a shame but also OK.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah if they keep that structure, it's rich getting richer, which I'm not sure is the intended purpose.
    Normal PVE T10 with a single LT aren't quite game breaking, I'm not sure how I feel about 2x2 5* covers for T10.
    Sure, it's "extra", but that's a lot of extra.

I don't mean to come across as anti-big Alliance in this thread but I really cannot understand giving out yet more 5* covers to Alliances who already earned their first two on a Friday of a Boss Event. It seems insanely generous but I guess they manage to put together the co-ordination to achieve it which is something. I would be happy for a tilt at say 125 shards or some CP or something. Star-Lord just died in PvP so at least I can use my health pack!