New boss battle rewards?

This can't be right? Otherwise no other than the big alliances are going to get decent rewards

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2023

I have a feeling something is broken here cuz ****?

And it also says in the top of that screen to ‘join an alliance’ despite already being in one.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a hard time believing that no prog rewards at all is intended behaviour.

• Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

Hopefully it gets pulled before it goes live. If not, maybe we'll get some free VRex

• Bowgentle

Well it's in addition to the normal Boss event, but still very weird.

• bigjojo04
    edited August 2023

It’s been a while since they ran the Arcade boss but if my memory serves me correct wasn’t it run just like Civil War was before? Where you’d get the same individual and alliance progression for both sides?

**Edit: actually now that I’m remembering, i reckon the demastered side had similar rewards but I think gave shards as the final reward for individual progression and remastered was the normal boss rewards. Some one smarter than I can maybe confirm this?

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker

The demastered one gave smaller rewards compared to the remastered one in the last run if this event. If we just got told something once in a while, we mightn't be shocked seeing something brand new in the game

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

So wait...does this mean that Boss Event placement is gonna be a thing for this?!?!?

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker

There's 2 separate event up now. The demastered one is the normal one with placement and progression rewards as per normal. The remastered one has the rewards up above which we don't fully know how it operates yet

• itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

Alliance rewards on Remastered is probably a bug, given the ‘join an alliance’, and I really hope it gets fixed in time, a restart on a double track event is really unpleasant to manage as cmd.

• DAZ0273

Somebody call Batman!

• Bowgentle

Yeah communication would have been cool.

• DAZ0273

I sort of want to click the Join Alliance button to see what happens but I also don't want to cause reality to unravel...Sophie's Choice, eh?

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:
    I sort of want to click the Join Alliance button to see what happens but I also don't want to cause reality to unravel...Sophie's Choice, eh?

I tried it. You get taken to your alliance chat screen.

• Bowgentle

Lol.
    Well at least there won't be mercing, you'll be locked in.

• DAZ0273

@Kahmon said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I tried it. You get taken to your alliance chat screen.

So you get to join your own Alliance! Ha ha, why am I not surprised?

• bigjojo04
    edited August 2023

Oh i certainly clicked on the join alliance button when i saw it immediately. My curiosity needed to be satisfied cuz I thought i wasn’t in my own alliance when i saw it only for it to bamboozle me and show me i was already in my own.

• Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

I went back, checked I was still in my alliance, then went back and hit the button. Curiosity is a powerful force

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Shouldn't 5* Gwen be the reward or was she the reward last boss?

• Bowgentle

We had Gwen last event.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

I hope this is fixed before the event starts.