New boss battle rewards?

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You always could, but it didn't matter until now.
    I don't think I have the energy to merc for t11 again, missing out on normal PVE is work enough 🤣

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I don't think I have the energy to merc for t11 again, missing out on normal PVE is work enough 🤣

This doesn’t sound correct. We’ve had people come into our alliance to start the event. They leave the alliance and we still get their score.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

That works for normal PVE, but for boss events it has always locked you into the alliance that you started the event with, thats why that pop up comes up when you first join warning you of that. You can leave your alliance, but all of your points in the boss event will stay with the alliance that you joined the boss event with.

• Bowgentle
    edited August 2023
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:

That works for normal PVE, but for boss events it has always locked you into the alliance that you started the event with, thats why that pop up comes up when you first join warning you of that. You can leave your alliance, but all of your points in the boss event will stay with the alliance that you joined the boss event with.

No.
    I merced for Simulator, and the alliance standing was with the alliance I merced with.
    Now my points are back with Dorm.
    So if/when people merc at the end, they'll take their points with them.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Simulator is a normal PVE event though. Not a boss event.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:

No.
    I merced for Simulator, and the alliance standing was with the alliance I merced with.

I also moved for Sim; while my alliance standing was the group I moved to my points/name weren't actually included on that list (like other previous boss runs of all types) and any progression I made on the boss event at that time was tied to my original alliance progress. Alliances with many movements are actually at a disadvantage here because you miss out on the "free" round flips while out of the alliance you joined the event with.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:

No.

Sim is not a boss event, it's a normal pve. You only can't switch points for boss events.

IE. Apocalypse, Thanos, Galactus, Utlron, Battle at the Basilica, etc.

• Bowgentle
    Options

For God's sake people, I know how regular PVE works, I've been doing this for a while 🤣
    What Timemachinego says could be right though - I did not check if I was on that leaderboard.
    Hm.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Bowgentle said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Bowgentle said:

No.

I also moved for Sim; while my alliance standing was the group I moved to my points/name weren't actually included on that list (like other previous boss runs of all types) and any progression I made on the boss event at that time was tied to my original alliance progress. Alliances with many movements are actually at a disadvantage here because you miss out on the "free" round flips while out of the alliance you joined the event with.

This is 100% correct.
    It displays as if your points move to the new alliance, but they don't.
    I have been merc-ing for boss events on both of my accounts since December. I join, hit a node, then leave (to go merc elsewhere for the simultaneous PVE end and PVPs). My points (existing and future) ALWAYS stay with the original alliance.

And, yes, when you merc and then leave, you lose access to the "free" boss hits at round flips.

So unless the devs coded something different for this run of ReMastered, everyone is locked in to where they started. Sunday evening shuffling won't matter.

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    For God's sake people, I know how regular PVE works, I've been doing this for a while 🤣
    What Timemachinego says could be right though - I did not check if I was on that leaderboard.
    Hm.

2714 days and counting...you only learn this stuff after 3000 days :)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can enter another alliance but your points and your slot will remain in the alliance you signed for.
    Also that alliance won't be able to join others members if there are already 20.
    Checked it personally already 2 times.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    So yes - we ARE getting a Placement based Alliance event - I can only imagine that the guys wo finish these things in 20 minutes flat are gonna be ready to go on that one...

Well, the interesting thing about that is that the top PvE alliances aren't actually alliances at all -- they're just empty shells that get filled up with random players from all different alliances for the end of the event.

If the boss event locks players into an alliance, I don't know who will be on top, but probably won't be the "alliances" that typically win PvEs.

I dunno who belongs where and who has swapped and who shouldn't be here but here is the Top 10 at this time in ReMastered:

1. BattleCats
    2. EF Spec Oops
    3. Ampersand
    4. BattleCatProwl
    5. Deadpool'sTacos
    6. KA Jedi
    7. ELITE FORCES
    8. axe Reavers
    9. BattlecatMEOW
    10. XTREMIS

Lock and Load and KA Blooey have crashed the Top 10 but out of nowhere we have a new leader: KA Prime! Things are hotting up!

• Bowgentle
    Options

Prime is always up there, though, that's normal.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah look at the scores for an alliance event with no progression awards and you thought people wouldn't go hard :D

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder if all the PvE shells just reshuffled before the event started? Regardless, they can't do their usual reshuffling at the end, so at least it's an actual competition between each "alliance" of random players.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wish all events where locked in like this.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

You and me both. My alliance was just about the last actual team at the high end of the game. We banned mercing and buyclubs, and everyone played the same PvP slice and shared our team battle chat. We considered anyone outside of our alliance to be enemies.

Eventually we just couldn't recruit top players anymore. Nobody wanted to be a part of a team -- everyone at the top of the game now is just out for themselves. We were always willing to take less to help teammates, but in the era of PvE shell alliances, buyclubs, and multi alliance BCs, that attitude no longer exists, and it's sad.

When was the last alliance war? What even is an alliance these days? Team play has been completely eliminated.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Tony_Foot said:

You and me both. My alliance was just about the last actual team at the high end of the game. We banned mercing and buyclubs, and everyone played the same PvP slice and shared our team battle chat. We considered anyone outside of our alliance to be enemies.

Eventually we just couldn't recruit top players anymore. Nobody wanted to be a part of a team -- everyone at the top of the game now is just out for themselves. We were always willing to take less to help teammates, but in the era of PvE shell alliances, buyclubs, and multi alliance BCs, that attitude no longer exists, and it's sad.

When was the last alliance war? What even is an alliance these days? Team play has been completely eliminated.

When I returned from retirement, my alliance merged with a larger alliance. That's basically what I see now is larger alliances acquiring smaller ones like a business. Alliances are totally different than they were in the day. I'm curious what the new Devs have planned for alliance changes next year

• entrailbucket
    Options

It's funny because I often hear people say "if it wasn't for my alliance I'd have quit a long time ago," except they don't play PvP with their alliance mates, they merc out for better rewards every single event in PvE (including subs), and whenever they spend money they do it in a buyclub.

Like, what is your alliance for then? Is it just your friends that you talk to sometimes? If you don't do anything with them in the game, what's the point?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It's funny because I often hear people say "if it wasn't for my alliance I'd have quit a long time ago," except they don't play PvP with their alliance mates, they merc out for better rewards every single event in PvE (including subs), and whenever they spend money they do it in a buyclub.

Like, what is your alliance for then? Is it just your friends that you talk to sometimes? If you don't do anything with them in the game, what's the point?

I merc for PvP, and for me it just means a larger group of people I get to play with. Sure I don’t interact with them as much as my main alliance, but plenty with a few of them nonetheless. Not sure I see your point. It’s the opposite of sad for me.