Class of 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I used to have 5*Thor as one of my must use back in the day. Wow is his damage sad now. Like others, the best three I have found are 5StarLord/Gambit/Chavez.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't know about sad damage but what I can definitely say about Thor is that while he's at his best after taking a bit of damage he doesn't last long if you bring him into battle with only double digit health.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am relying on Star-Lord's yellow to prop him up enough to keep going but yeah he doesn't hit super hard. My Gambit has 10 covers but is only at around Lvl 300 so too much of a liability. I have actually been using Panther and his black has been a bit of a surprise.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I am relying on Star-Lord's yellow to prop him up enough to keep going but yeah he doesn't hit super hard. My Gambit has 10 covers but is only at around Lvl 300 so too much of a liability. I have actually been using Panther and his black has been a bit of a surprise.

You could try Doc Ock green if you wish to heal Thor. But just a little bit. Not too much.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Kolence said:

@DAZ0273 said:

You could try Doc Ock green if you wish to heal Thor. But just a little bit. Not too much.

I think my Doc is around 10 covers too but I don't think he is levelled at all. Still - solid tip - his green is very heal-y!

• DrClever
    Options

I've been trying to get BP's black and DD's stun bonus going at the same time - I think that would be fun.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm riding Doc Ock/Thor/Daredevil pretty effectively. Thor is strictly a battery, all that green is going to Doc Ock, who gathers blue for a stun far more effectively than Daredevil can gather purple. With that amount of heeling it's been a pretty sustainable group so far.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All I know is that leaving SL/Gambit/Chavez out on defense gets me a lot of defensive wins. Too bad points don't matter for the most part.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm using Starlord Gambit Hawkeye... Hawkeye and Gambit actually work great together!

Starlord is fantastic since his rework. What's funny is that Starlord's active abilities are still just ok, but his health and match damage are enough to make him really strong.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MegaBee said:
    I'm going Hawkeye/Coulson/G4mora.

This is my team, too. It's slow (so many countdown banners), but reliable.

• DrClever
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@MegaBee said:

Sell Gamora to me as opposed to D4nvers, what am I missing?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 990 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DrClever said:

@MoosePrime said:

@MegaBee said:

Sell Gamora to me as opposed to D4nvers, what am I missing?

Stun for 6 blue.

• DrClever
    Options

Yes, stuns are always good. I'll give it a go and see how it feels versus Carol's special tile boosting.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Once you have them stunned, they don't move again. Coulson's 1-turn countdowns give you 3 blue for each power, Hawkeye has a cheap red to get even more countdowns from Coulson.

Gamora's black passive insta-down helps, too.

• DrClever
    edited August 2023
    Options

Ah, right, yes, thanks. I was still thinking blue to get to Out of Arrows.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 226 Tile Toppler
    Options

After a couple matches with Gambit/Thor/Star Lord, I played Gambit/Thor/MEH for fun and oddly got at least 10 defensive wins over the next few days. That was too slow though, so went back to the first team. Went from 7 wins to 50 in one session on 8 healthpacks. I healed Gambit a bunch, but I never healed Thor, and Star Lord only once or twice. Thor started with about 2k health the last ten matches. Gambit’s damage is so heavy and reasonably quick that you can start him with quite low health and get away with it, even against 600+ opponents.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@658_2 said:
    After a couple matches with Gambit/Thor/Star Lord, I played Gambit/Thor/MEH for fun and oddly got at least 10 defensive wins over the next few days. That was too slow though, so went back to the first team. Went from 7 wins to 50 in one session on 8 healthpacks. I healed Gambit a bunch, but I never healed Thor, and Star Lord only once or twice. Thor started with about 2k health the last ten matches. Gambit’s damage is so heavy and reasonably quick that you can start him with quite low health and get away with it, even against 600+ opponents.

I saw someone here, on some thread, say that Gambit's buff was bad/disappointing, and that he was still useless, and I just had to assume that person hadn't used him. He's GOOD! He's a little slow but the numbers are just crazy, and he feeds himself pretty effectively.

The lockout is still a little annoying, and definitely unnecessary, but when he's boosted I generally want to use his powers over anyone else's anyway. Like, I'm not missing Starlord's purple this week, or Hawkeye's red.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@658_2 said:

I saw someone here, on some thread, say that Gambit's buff was bad/disappointing, and that he was still useless, and I just had to assume that person hadn't used him. He's GOOD! He's a little slow but the numbers are just crazy, and he feeds himself pretty effectively.

The lockout is still a little annoying, and definitely unnecessary, but when he's boosted I generally want to use his powers over anyone else's anyway. Like, I'm not missing Starlord's purple this week, or Hawkeye's red.

I miss Thor's red a little, but yes, Gambit hits like a truck.

• entrailbucket
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@658_2 said:

I miss Thor's red a little, but yes, Gambit hits like a truck.

I dunno, Thor is sorta...bad...now. His passive AP generation is obviously still great, but his active powers are kind of terrible.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

Hawkeye, Coulson, and Gamora was the best team to get to 50 while using minimal health packs. Stun lock as soon as possible and slowly finish them off. Also don't go against Gambit. He hits too hard. I also boosted red/yellow and blue purple with them. At the end I used Star-lord, Hawkeye and Gambit. Gambit's countdowns help Hawkeye's blue and Gambit's red.