Class of 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Shout out to people lamenting not having a champed Banner in 2023 though - those are sentiments you never have seen expressed before.

Yeah...they goofed when they redid him. He's actually too good now (seriously!). I maxed him out before the buff, and I think I'm the only player who has him that big, but he's totally usable unboosted.

Luckily nobody really noticed and he's had zero impact on the metagame, because he's really annoying to fight.

Will be fun to play in normal pvp this week.
    He's REALLY good.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm actually using Banner Hulk and FA Cap together in a pvp event. What a time to be alive.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is why I get so upset about them giving up on rebalancing. Basically everyone they touched got way, way better.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll argue that Magneto was better the old way. He was a one trick pony but that one trick is better than his mixed bag of meh tricks today.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Emma is still not good as best I can tell, and I’ve never used dark beast outside a required node so I couldn’t even tell you what he does, but overall they’ve been successful in my book. I would have fixed Magneto a different way personally - his blue would have been good if it did something every turn, and he just needed a passive on yellow rather than an active drain power there.

I’ve been asking my alliance mates to delete the requested characters as soon as they get them, and sending 1* characters myself in case they don’t.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Huh. My 5* iso debt is up over 10 million now, so the line is pretty long and not very fast moving. But this event might just convince me to finally champ banner, who has been sitting around fully covered since we'll before his rework. . .

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

What's wrong with Elsa? I still have no idea what her rebalance was.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DrClever said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Easier than those of us(prob still just me) not in an alliance. Really tired of all things TU related.

Out of interest, why are you not in an alliance?

My alt account is in its second ultra casual alliance and has acquired several hundred CP as a result, plus rewards from alliance events. I've not spoken to anyone and I've not been asked to do anything, though I did get kicked from one, presumably for being idle which seems fair enough.

Are you setting yourself a challenge?

I wanted to achieve some roster goals I had set without any interference. That is the main reason I always pass on invites. I've now reached the majority of my goals but just have no desire to squad up. Sure I miss out on some resources, but I've learned to deal with it. I'm progressing along very nicely imo so no need to change anything right now.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@skittledaddy said:
    Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

No one seems to know, which tells me it's either a minor change or it's not even live

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Wasp got better, just not actually good as such.

I'm still not convinced Fury is worse come to that - at least if you play him as you go through 3/4 rather than as a niche adjunct to a 5* team.

@LavaManLee said:
    I'll argue that Magneto was better the old way. He was a one trick pony but that one trick is better than his mixed bag of meh tricks today.

Removing two colours and generating AP is pretty good IMO although it's possible I share the devs' (over)valuation of board shake.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@skittledaddy said:
    Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

No one seems to know which tells me it's not even live

She definitely creates one more trap tile compared to her character thread. So there's that

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

Old magneto had a trick? He was always useless dead weight every time I was forced to use him. I would call new magneto a one trick pony, but his trick is a lot of fun. Magneto, onslaught, sersei is a crazy cascade machine and fun to see how much you can blow up the board. He's also very useful in the puzzle gauntlet for remove X color puzzles.

I get way more use out of new magneto, which is occasional use as opposed to none at all.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@skittledaddy said:
    Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

I think she's on that list because they are counter-examples to the rebalances getting "way, way better."

• entrailbucket
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@skittledaddy said:
    Except Dark Beast.
    And Fury.
    And Wa5p.
    And Elsa???
    And...

I think she's on that list because they are counter-examples to the rebalances getting "way, way better."

Yes, and that's exactly why I said that basically everyone they touched got way, way better. There are a few exceptions.

Otherwise, I'd have just said that everyone got way, way better.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@DrClever said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Easier than those of us(prob still just me) not in an alliance. Really tired of all things TU related.

My alt account is in its second ultra casual alliance and has acquired several hundred CP as a result, plus rewards from alliance events. I've not spoken to anyone and I've not been asked to do anything, though I did get kicked from one, presumably for being idle which seems fair enough.

I wanted to achieve some roster goals I had set without any interference. That is the main reason I always pass on invites. I've now reached the majority of my goals but just have no desire to squad up. Sure I miss out on some resources, but I've learned to deal with it. I'm progressing along very nicely imo so no need to change anything right now.

If you just join some random public alliance you won't need to worry about any interference. Outside of when there are quests like this to complete, you can ignore that alliance tab, play as normal and get a little extra rewards now and then.

FYI, for those who haven't noticed yet, we do still have 54 days to complete this quest. No need to worry about deleting team-ups or refresh times. I think even my super casual alliance can help me get this one.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@fractalvisions said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@DrClever said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

If you just join some random public alliance you won't need to worry about any interference. Outside of when there are quests like this to complete, you can ignore that alliance tab, play as normal and get a little extra rewards now and then.

FYI, for those who haven't noticed yet, we do still have 54 days to complete this quest. No need to worry about deleting team-ups or refresh times. I think even my super casual alliance can help me get this one.

With the bugs with the x/X going on though, I would advise everyone to do all the quests ASAP.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanos green - can we get that fortified? He isn't an emergency case like Strange is but his one offensive power when the enemy ain't dead can be a frustrating thing when it is constantly matched.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Thanos green - can we get that fortified? He isn't an emergency case like Strange is but his one offensive power when the enemy ain't dead can be a frustrating thing when it is constantly matched.

He's such a weird case because Court Death is SO strong. I always worry that if they buff any of his other stuff they'd weaken Court Death, which would really kill his value.