Class of 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If Chasm’s ability to revive were tied to his ability to actually remove the Void tiles that would be delightful, that way having the purple CD out would prevent it, but it just allows him to revive without destroying the voids presently.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’d really just want his purple to be easier to fire or passive, maybe update his match and health damage. It would make him a better chasm opponent if he could shut down the board more readily.

But he already completely shuts down Hulkasm.
    Just kill iHulk a few times.
    Boosted, of course, you're not going to run him unboosted.

I run him unboosted against that (when I don't have anything better) and it works great!

Well yeah a maxed Thanos helps.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

IMHO thanos and dr strange are 2 characters with just a single purpose.
    Is this good for these characters? Imo not at all. They should have modern health and match damage and being able fire 3 powers like all the others characters.
    Does thanos shut down chahulk? Great but the chahulk team ideally should be able to be shut down with a dozen of characters and not with the fingers of one hand characters.
    When was the nerf coming, by the way?
    Probably waiting that we forget that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How did we get to Chasm in this thread? If your queues are full of that guy you are playing a different event!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Blame Roadwarrior this time.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Blame the boost list for standard PVP I guess.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Let's just blame it on the Boogie and leave it at that.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

In my defense this was more about how Thano5 might be updated to the modern game than it was about Chasm being a trash character who isn't fun.

Anyway for 2016 I'm still just seeing Banner/Thano5/Whichever 5* has health leftover primarily, which is what i'm also having to use. I've rotated in a few 370 4* characters like medusa and wasp, but they can't hang with Court Death at the levels I'm seeing and using. Banner's attack tiles are monster sized though - if I had a good purple battery running Smartest Guy in the Room + Hair Meddle is definitely a thing I'd try. In fact, let me swap Thano5 out for Iron Man and see how that plays for a bit. Iron Man/Medusa/Banner will be me in there if anyone sees it.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Struggling to actually win, but after two friendly (set to 5/3/5 even) and one opponent firing of banner’s black and a single hair meddle, I got the following attack tile strength in play:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Of note on order of operations: Banner's reversion from Hulkform resolves prior to Court Death firing, so that he is free to get stunned and eat that chunk of damage just after reviving.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Struggling to actually win, but after two friendly (set to 5/3/5 even) and one opponent firing of banner’s black and a single hair meddle, I got the following attack tile strength in play:

Banner's black power is highly underrated. Those attack tiles are big enough to actually matter. Even if one gets blown up you're still doing pretty well.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I took it into simulator to try and build a no holds barred team around it but I haven't really settled on one yet. You need some way to bleed off his green before he transforms if you want to keep it going. Feels like Storm would be ideal to pump black and burn green, and maybe Sersi as a 3rd so you can limit how much green shows up while promoting cascades.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Riri has a useful cheap green power

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Yeah, I guess I wanted somebody who could pump the attacks higher but that probably isn’t as important

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Crystal perhaps?

Needs to spend six green then you can improve SAPs on green matches.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I tried Jeffrey but he removes all the attacks, allied and enemy, so that didn’t work.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanks to everyone for allowing my climb to 1200 this afternoon. From 1100 on it was all 5-10 points and I didn't get hit once. Didn't have to shield up either.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I tried Jeffrey but he removes all the attacks, allied and enemy, so that didn’t work.

Maybe 3* Jeff? He returns the tiles he eats.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I was running Banner/Carbage/Domino and it was novel, but I wouldn’t say it would change anyone’s life. Crystal’s green match sap improvement was about as noticeable as Ultrons, which is to say not very. The hunt continues. Storm seems like she should be helpful, but so far I’ve not had much luck keeping her alive.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Having Thanos boosted on a 4* launch PVP has been such a great relaxing event.