Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

"Back in MY day..."

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ugh, we have to give 12 TU's as one of the quests.

How do those of us in alliances where we don't know each other and rarely coordinate force alliance members to take TUs?

KGB

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

How do those of us in alliances where we don't know each other and rarely coordinate force alliance members to take TUs?

KGB

thats only 3 requests. just coordinate with a co-commander. You don't actually need tus from different alliance members. its only 12 TU total and a request is 5 TUs

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

Easier than those of us(prob still just me) not in an alliance. Really tired of all things TU related.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It’s great when you predict the future and are right - or you speak the truth, no one believes you and then later on you’re proven right. Unfortunately, no one gets the recognition they deserve for being right years ago.

When Kitty debuted, I said she was top 10 and would be a part of the meta, but almost everyone disagreed with me.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bbigler said:
    It’s great when you predict the future and are right - or you speak the truth, no one believes you and then later on you’re proven right. Unfortunately, no one gets the recognition they deserve for being right years ago.

When Kitty debuted, I said she was top 10 and would be a part of the meta, but almost everyone disagreed with me.

Agreed. The early buyers all said great in pve against goons, meh in pvp.

For context though, the dominant meta was thorokye. So you had good boardshake but nothing that targeted special tiles.

I think the mistake in evaluation was not giving enough value to how fast kitty could scale specials vs your ability to eliminate them. Yeah, you want kitty red out ASAP, but unnecessary if you could keep Groot Stikes for at least 3-4 rounds. Thor/Okie was still viable against kitty groot, but you need a good board and some lucky position to consistently win.

Keep in mind 5* mthor / Okie would obliterate this combo.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's really kind of impossible to predict the MPQ metagame. The best we can do is figure out what's good or not.

Whether something becomes the "one best team" and achieves ubiquity has less to do with how good it is and more to do with the groupthink that happens in Line chats among the top 1%. (That's not to say that these teams aren't necessarily the best at the time, it's just a lot more complicated than that).

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

Easier than those of us(prob still just me) not in an alliance. Really tired of all things TU related.

Out of interest, why are you not in an alliance?

My alt account is in its second ultra casual alliance and has acquired several hundred CP as a result, plus rewards from alliance events. I've not spoken to anyone and I've not been asked to do anything, though I did get kicked from one, presumably for being idle which seems fair enough.

Are you setting yourself a challenge?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can see that not having a champed Banner is gonna be an issue this week.

• DrClever
    Options

Banner looks like the best of them.

I'm trying to work out if there's a good Team Cap trio to get some mileage out of CAFA's strong AP generation from his red.

Peggy plus Black Bolt was okayish.

Also looked at Team Iron Man - him, Goblin, and SMBiB beat a Banner, Strange, Widow team which is something, I suppose.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Strange has been left so far behind by modern match damage and health, it isn't even funny.
    The clap back on his yellow is so pitiful when you go against boosted Banner, Cap, Thanos.
    Yeah, that 21k really hurts, when Cap does 60k+ for 7 AP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Banner/Thanos/whoever but probably bolt or iron man has been able to handle anything I’m up against offensively for at least 10 health packs worth of fights.

• DrClever
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Banner/Thanos/whoever

That's certainly what I'm seeing.

I'm not really convinced that Thanos is all that much better than the other options but I guess people will have him at a higher level than the other 5*s in this pool.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Banner/Thanos/Whoever has been my go to so far. Black Bolt is there as back up (he also needs his numbers tweaked)

Couldn't agree more about Dr. Strange - nearly EVERYTHING about him is bad now. Ridiculously low health, low damage powers, his purple is so inefficient compared to what quite a few modern 4* can do with special tiles. Only his Blue is good and is still expensive relatively speaking.

He needs emergency help - RIGHT NOW!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I can see that not having a champed Banner is gonna be an issue this week.

Having him isn't helping me much! A real health pack sponge this event. I can only play about 5 matches at a time.

I prefer Banner, Gobby for the black I mop up while in banner form and peggy to slow down opposite banner from a lucky cascade of green.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran Strange to help get CD tiles out for the event. Once I hit my 30 CDs, I promptly removed him for Bolt.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    I ran Strange to help get CD tiles out for the event. Once I hit my 30 CDs, I promptly removed him for Bolt.

Banner does that automatically, thankfully.
    Those were very easy quests this time.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah that one was fine. Sure wish I had checked though about the team up one before I sent 5 very long recharge 5* team ups to a request...humbug.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Shout out to people lamenting not having a champed Banner in 2023 though - those are sentiments you never have seen expressed before.

Yeah...they goofed when they redid him. He's actually too good now (seriously!). I maxed him out before the buff, and I think I'm the only player who has him that big, but he's totally usable unboosted.

Luckily nobody really noticed and he's had zero impact on the metagame, because he's really annoying to fight.