Class of 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One of those banner based teams I left out in sim has landed some defense wins; wish I had a way to see which one…

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So 2017 tomorrow - who is looking hot hot hot?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Coulson/Hawkeye/C4rol is one I may start with, see how it holds up. I think Dock Ock may be the surprise there though.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So 2017 tomorrow - who is looking hot hot hot?

AA/DD/Thor maybe. AA gives another stun for DD and protects from Vulture/5*s teams that might be very fast.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Coulson/Hawkeye/C4rol is one I may start with, see how it holds up. I think Dock Ock may be the surprise there though.

The old classic of HE/coulson will be available. It's not fast, and HE is squishy in the modern 5* era, but the team is unbeatable if it can survive the first few rounds. Is AA the perfect 3rd? He has modern health and match damage to protect HE, he defends against vulture teams and provides a blue ap outlet with a stun.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Oh good - more team up milestones!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh good - more team up milestones!

They really want us to use that function.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wonder if they think people will start loving them if they are just forced to remember they exist.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

Would they be better if ours were reuseable, like the AI's have become?

• DAZ0273
    Options

At this point considering what is also happening with team ups doing whatever they want elsewhere in the game I don't think we can rule out the possibility that the team up part of the code has gained sentience and is slowly taking over. We should look out to see if covers get replaced by Marvel Team Up ones...

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Daredevil boosted, why wouldn’t you use a team up MBW!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Daredevil boosted, why wouldn’t you use a team up MBW!

DD and Black Widow...that always goes well in the comic books...

• DAZ0273
    Options

So who knew how many players love a champed Star-Lord. I was expecting wall to wall DD, Thor, Hawkeye but Peter is showing up the most so far for me.

• DrClever
    Options

He's one of those whose rebalance improved him quite a lot - he might well have the best match damage of anyone in this group.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

Gambit Thor and America are what I’m seeing most. Almost at 25 and out though so my queue’s are probably lower. This set in particular for me is a period of time that badly needs a buff. Thor aside. Especially with Mthor killing count downs.

I’d remove the restriction on gambits red and purple, DD badly needs more health and a faster less expensive stun, AA is coming. Panther is next to useless, Parker could have been superb but he needs more help with web tile generation. HE is too squishy. Some great characters in there and good powers but they missed the mark by a small margin.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Gambit Thor and America are what I’m seeing most. Almost at 25 and out though so my queue’s are probably lower. This set in particular for me is a period of time that badly needs a buff. Thor aside. Especially with Mthor killing count downs.

I’d remove the restriction on gambits red and purple, DD badly needs more health and a faster less expensive stun, AA is coming. Panther is next to useless, Parker could have been superb but he needs more help with web tile generation. HE is too squishy. Some great characters in there and good powers but they missed the mark by a small margin.

Have you looked at the damage numbers on Gambit Red, though?
    No need to use another red.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Have you looked at the damage numbers on Gambit Red, though?
    No need to use another red.

True, I'd still rather not have that restriction. I was thinking outside of this event really, where MTHOR smashes anything with a countdown. In this event I would be using Gambits red with DD purple. Poor DD, such a great skill set, so weak even boosted :(

• DrClever
    edited August 2023
    Options

Okay, so far this is my favourite event in a long time not just in this anniversary series.

I've not faced the same team twice, I've only used the same team on one occasion (low health Thor+DD), I'm seeing and using a mix of 4 and 5*s, matches have been won with active powers and team synergies - it's all good.

I'm sure I'll hit a wall of at some point but to date it's been fun.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Strangely my first fight was really tough - I needed health packs for all (apart from Thor obviously) and I then got side tracked and didn't do any more. Today though has been much better - I got through another 15 fights this morning already to get back on my 8 per day track (will probably do more though)

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 990 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm going Hawkeye/Coulson/G4mora.