***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Options

Comments

• HawkGuy616
    HawkGuy616 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

The completionist in me is going to get this, but I really don't like it. The are so many unused established Marvel characters still not in the game. Also... more symbiotes? Plus, that 4* in between these two... another Spider character? Dino Gwen? Dino Miles? Either way, it's not a New Mutant, a Runaway, a New Warrior, a Thunderbolt, a Master of Evil, a Frightful For member, a Wrecking Crew member, or any of the other characters people have been asking about for years. No, we get Spidey Dino. Do better, MPQ.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Speaking of xmen... you know who would be a good 4* to bridge these two Dinos? One of those Savage land people. There was a Tarzan like person but also a talking pterodactyl dude.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Still hoping for hypno hustler or stilt-man

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

At first I came to post about being very confused about the new April Fools day characters. But seeing as how everyone has already had their tizzy about it I am going to pivot and hope that this guy is the hard Chasm counter that folks have begged for when they weren't asking for nerfs.

Partially because I'd rather not see any more nerfs now that they dealt with that out of control miscreant 4* Nick Fury and partially because I think it would be hella funny to make folks roster and spend on such a ridiculously on theme counter. Sadface, angsty Ben Reilly being shut down by a Venom dinosaur would be so magically surreal!

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

I feel certain the 4 star for him will be either a Dinosaur or a Spider-Verse character. So either.

Dinosaur-Themed
    Sauron
    Stegron
    Moon Girl ( Kinda hoping for 3 star Comic and 5 star TV show so hoping not her. She'd also be the ideal Devil fodder )

Spider-Verse
    Spider Punk ( Hobbie Brown )
    Spot

While I want it to be Sauron, I don't think it will be him because of the poll. Would be weird to release a loser of the poll before the character who actually won. Could be Ka'Zar too.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:
    So like, if you're mad because this guy is unknown -- who would you add before him?

Are the other characters on your list really more "major" than Spider-Saurus? I'm not an expert, but I can't say I've heard of Bird Boy.

Bird Boy was a joke. The other New Mutants have been in several comics and a movie. Far more well known than a joke character who’s had something like twelve total appearances.

I had never heard of anybody on your list. I think Marvel may not want to promote the New Mutants at the moment, after Fox's total disaster of a movie. I think we got MPQ Wolfsbane around the time the movie was originally supposed to release (and then it was delayed for like 5 years).

Do you read comics? Serious question.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Are the other characters on your list really more "major" than Spider-Saurus? I'm not an expert, but I can't say I've heard of Bird Boy.

Shocker
    Tombstone
    Omega Red
    Banshee
    Mole Man
    Hobgoblin
    Forge
    Morph
    Toad
    Blob (Classic)
    Jigsaw
    Fin Fang Foom

There's a bunch of long standing characters not in the game. But I don't rally care too much about the characters as long as they are fun to play around with.

But I’ve never heard of any of these people! /s

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@Jacklag said:

@entrailbucket said:
    So like, if you're mad because this guy is unknown -- who would you add before him?

Bird Boy was a joke. The other New Mutants have been in several comics and a movie. Far more well known than a joke character who’s had something like twelve total appearances.

I had never heard of anybody on your list. I think Marvel may not want to promote the New Mutants at the moment, after Fox's total disaster of a movie. I think we got MPQ Wolfsbane around the time the movie was originally supposed to release (and then it was delayed for like 5 years).

Do you read comics? Serious question.

Currently? No. But it sounds like most people here don't read current comics -- Pter Parker is from the comics and he's pretty recent. People who read comics would know all about him!

• liminal_lad
    Options

Galactus
    The Watcher
    Eternity
    Mephisto
    Master Mold
    Madame Hydra
    Guardian (and any unmentioned Alpha Flight)
    Phyla-Vell
    OG Guardians of the Galaxy
    Franklin Richard’s
    ROBBIE

• liminal_lad
    Options

The Leader
    Enchantress
    Viper
    Lady Deathstrike
    Spiral
    Mojo
    Etc etc etc

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Jacklag said:
    I'm mad because the characters are silly and a third symbiote 5* is lazy but most of all because the puns are horrible!!!

Hey! Pun-ishers are not horrible!

Prehistoric Punisher confirmed as next 5*!

Omg! Is that a thing? I gotta look this up!

Yabba dabba bye!

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Scofie said:

I'm fairly ambivalent about the character, but I'm not sure it's fair to suggest it's "lazy". I'm sure it took just a long to code and design as any other character. There's a theme going for summer, so I'd argue it's actually harder to keep finding and fitting those in than having a free choice over who is next.

I can certainly understand being restrained by parameters making it more difficult to produce something new and creative, especially when those parameters require several characters in close order that are various versions of an already well represented character group. Most people involved are likely just doing their jobs. But somewhere someone is making decisions that effect the game. And I'm curious about what actually goes into those decisions.

(The following is just my nonsensical rambling concerning a thought I had that could never actually happen due to one sort of legal issue or another)

If only there were some place...a forum, if you will... Where there resided a great number of individuals with experience playing the game. Some might have even been playing for a full decade, and are marvel fans either through the MCU or a lifetime of collecting comics.

Individually, they might only have familiarity with a few characters, but collectively their knowledge would be extensive and a treasure trove of ideas. Those ideas, coupled with experience playing the game, would be an invaluable resource in creating new characters, even in times of strict parameters limiting options for those characters.

A veritable think tank ready and willing to contribute, excited to play characters brought to life by their input....

Except they can't actually get along very well and tend to lash out at each when they disagree. This would seem to be a set back, but that very passion is what could lead to great characters that are fun to play, or even fun to play against if they were created by your forum nemesis.

If the game ever stops producing content, a create a character mode along with the return of something like the old gauntlet would be nice to mess around with though.

(Again, silly and not happening, just getting it out of my head. I do think a game where the players actually took part in creating the characters would be interesting, I just don't think it can happen)

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

So I’m hoarding until September got it

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Itsmeabxab said:
    So I’m hoarding until September got it

kang has a good shot at being the best release of the year...

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

Oh. My. God.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

A few years ago someone who seemed to know things said Marvel gets two picks for every one from the devs. I’m not mad by any stretch, but I’d be way more interested in a 5* Nick Fury or Miles Morales, who are two of the most glaring omissions at that rarity (with Ant Man and a few others).

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    The Leader
    Enchantress
    Viper
    Lady Deathstrike
    Spiral
    Mojo
    Etc etc etc

How in the name of ZEUS' BUTTHOLE, could you name Mojo and Spiral, and not the greatest character of all time.......Longshot!

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Kross said:

@liminal_lad said:
    The Leader
    Enchantress
    Viper
    Lady Deathstrike
    Spiral
    Mojo
    Etc etc etc

How in the name of ZEUS' BUTTHOLE, could you name Mojo and Spiral, and not the greatest character of all time.......Longshot!

It's probably a longshot that he'll be added.

( Honestly I'd love him. Just give him Domino's Black Passive but for a different color. )

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it's already enough. We have 2 dogs, a frog, 2 sharks, a pig, 3 dinosaurs, a monkey, an alligator, and a duck.
    I think the zoo is already complete.
    I get that you love animals, devs. But how about if you make a big effort and continue releasing super heroes? With cape or without, you know, humanoids.
    Those guys that usually are the main stars on 100% of the movies and probably 95% of the comics.
    I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.