***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Options

Comments

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Well... this is pretty wild:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Pter_Ptarker_(Earth-66)

I guess the 5* Villain version is the one corrupted by Shathra?

Was he even corrupted by Shathra? I can't remember the story that well. It could be another spider character as the 5 star, like spider punk

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Remember the 5* version is a villain.

And guessing this is going to tie in to Reptil for feeding since he is currently a second feeder for Havok.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm pretty surprised they went for another jokey type character so soon after Jeff. I didn't know who the other two mentioned were though so is all the same to me.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I'm pretty surprised they went for another jokey type character so soon after Jeff. I didn't know who the other two mentioned were though so is all the same to me.

At least Jeff is popular as well. Spider rex has appeared in 2 or 3 issues since debuting last year. I don't think they're that popular yet

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well this is dumb. I'm still waiting on Mole Man

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok that guy is super cool. If he's a 3/5 release, we can run an all-dinosaur team now, too!

I've never heard of like 95% of the new releases these days (what even is Chasm in the comics) so all I care about is that they look cool.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    we can run an all-dinosaur team now

I hadn't thought of that. It's exactly the sort of thing there should be an achievement for.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Ok that guy is super cool. If he's a 3/5 release, we can run an all-dinosaur team now, too!

I've never heard of like 95% of the new releases these days (what even is Chasm in the comics) so all I care about is that they look cool.

You don't know who Ben Reilly is? Good for you! The Marvel Universe would have been a much better place if that had been the case for us all! 😉

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

I know some of their direction is coming from Marvel, but it gets harder and harder to understand their choices in new characters.

We don’t have Phoenix Force Namor yet, a myriad of X-Men villains, or even Lockheed, if we need to stick with the animal theme. And yet, we have this…

• DAZ0273
    Options

This is the third symbiote version of a 5* released this year alone so enough already for me.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wow... I'm so angry about this release I don't even know what to say. I'm not gonna waste my HP rostering this.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Urgh, so my choices for pulling from LLs are between symbiote land shark and symbiote T-rex??
    I’m vaguely interested in Gwenom and High Evo, but yeesh, these are some awkward book-ends to choose between…

• DAZ0273
    Options

The feeder tree also isn't giving us anything but I guess 4* Moon Boy/Girl? Also does this mean OG DD is no longer limited as they are being secondary fed or have other limited ones been fed?

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think I’d got on board with the theming of Madness and Misery being the planned release. It probably didn’t even matter to me what their powers were so long as the art design was cool and I’d be keen to acquire.

Never mind, they’ll probably be next months release! I believe they’ve said summer of symbiotes runs until mid August…
    I mean, I like a symbiote as much as the next man.
    I’ve always liked dinosaurs.
    Yet somehow combining the two (with some heavily tacked on nomenclature puns) just feels ludicrous and unappealing.
    Perhaps that’s just me though.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Not just you.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velocimorales or Triceragwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velicimorales or Tricerigwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

These are real characters and not jokes?