***** Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) *****

Options

Comments

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velocimorales or Triceragwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

Please, stop...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velocimorales or Triceragwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

If you are not making those up then I shudder but if you are making them up I applaud your mad skills. Either way...maybe not, MPQ?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@MoosePrime said:
    I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velicimorales or Tricerigwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

These are real characters and not jokes?

I made up Velocimorales and Triceragwen as jokes, Kraventooth is in Venomsaurus Rex's description.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@liminal_lad said:

@MoosePrime said:
    I was going to guess the Coming Soon 4* feeder would be Velicimorales or Tricerigwen, but reading the description, perhaps it will be Kraventooth.

I made up Velocimorales and Triceragwen as jokes, Kraventooth is in Venomsaurus Rex's description.

Marvel should hire you right now. Then please make sure the Summer of Symbiotes never starts! Honestly those - those two are gold. 😎

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@liminal_lad said:

@MoosePrime said:

This is amazing. I totally believed you! Quick: Trademark then before MPQ steals your intellectual property. 😂

• DAZ0273
    Options

Are people mad? I think having three symbiote version 5* in 6 months is lazy but I don't really care all that much if they are good (which 2 out of 3 look like they may not be). So that is my only gripe. Find another gimmick to differentiate between your 3 and 5 because symbiote is over ripe.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My guess is that it has to do with Marvel's "Summer of Symbiotes" event. Remember that MPQ devs are subject to requirements from Marvel in order to keep the license.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

People are mad for the reasons I stated in another thread a couple of weeks ago.

There has been an explosion in Spider related characters over the last couple of years time. Counting Spiders and Symbiotes there must be well over 25 characters by now out of 300 which is approximately 10%. Or put it another way, they could take those 25-30 characters and create Marvel Spiderverse Quest and have plenty of characters to fill it with!

We used to get annoyed at another Wolverine variant but there are less than 10 of those in the game (counting Daken, Sabertooth, X23 etc) and only a couple have been released in the last 5+ years. Once this summer is over, we should honestly go YEARS (plural) without another spider/symbiote character being released.

KGB

P.S. The worst part is that empty feed spot means at least 1 more 4* symbiote character is coming.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

I just think that if you want people to spend in order to acquire your hard-to-earn content (5 stars) you should make them desirable!

I’ve no problem with ‘joke’ characters as such, but in my opinion they’re best left to ‘limited’ 4 star positions as they have historically with the likes of Peter Porker and the classic non-event that is Devil Dino…
    That way they don’t clog up actual release slots!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The art is great. The damage is pretty good. Overall simple kit with high health. This is a character I may actually run as a third.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    My guess is that it has to do with Marvel's "Summer of Symbiotes" event. Remember that MPQ devs are subject to requirements from Marvel in order to keep the license.

In which case come up with something better for Jeff maybe?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    So like, if you're mad because this guy is unknown -- who would you add before him? Batroc the Leaper? Toad? The major Marvel characters that aren't already in MPQ aren't here for reasons that are either clear (Red Skull) or unclear but existent (Omega Red). They've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for years now, but they can't ever stop releasing characters. It's either this or 1000 Wolverine variants.

If you're mad because this character is goofy...well, this GAME is goofy. Comic books are goofy. It's a game for children, based on IP for children. If you need all your superheroes to be angsty, conflicted, "mature" types, maybe stick with DC?

Meanwhile I will enjoy using a silly dinosaur to take 600 PvP points off some 550 Chasm hoarder, because MPQ is a toilet game for children.

You're welcome to use and enjoy whatever characters you like.

Others are free to express their dislike for those same characters.

If you like something, by all means express your opinions. But you don't need to do it by trivializing the opinions of others.

I don't like this character because I find it poorly designed and a lazy release. I'm even anticipating they'll just reskin devil dino animations for the powers, but I could be wrong about that last part. My opinion is different than yours, but no less valid.

I don't need every character to be "angsty, conflicted" whatever, that would be boring because they'd all be the same. Just like having so many spiders is boring and lazy. Your reducing of opposing opinions to something so narrow minded is insulting and ignores the rational reasons people have for their opinions.

Yes, comics can be goofy and for children. They can also be mature, serious, and created for adult readers. They can be anything the creators imagine for the characters they create. And that's my issue with this character; it lacks imagination, but that's just my opinion. If you enjoy it, I'm happy for you and I won't tell you not to. Just don't tell me I need to keep my opinion to myself.

Saying it's "for children" ignores all the other audiences comics are made for and it's ignorant. That's not meant to be an insult to you, it's simply meant to inform the lack of perspective your comment shows.

The point is: enjoy what you like. Express your opinions. But don't degrade or invalidate the opinions of others.

Feel free to respond with anger, indifference, whatever... But reduce the feelings of others to such nonsense.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I just don't think it's a big deal, or worth complaining about. I think Jeff is funny and cute and so is Spider-Saurus.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I just don't think it's a big deal, or worth complaining about. I think Jeff is funny and cute and so is Spider-Saurus.

Yeah Jeff is great. Venom Jeff when you have a summer of venom everything planned? Maybe not.

• entrailbucket
    Options

This is an online forum. Everything any one of us says is prefaced with an unwritten "this is my opinion."

I could have written something like "It is my opinion that sometimes players take certain aspects of this game too seriously, for what is, in my opinion, a relatively simple, relatively low-stakes, silly game. Of course, their opinions are perfectly valid, and one should consider every aspect of every argument as worthwhile." but that takes up a whole lot more space for something that should absolutely be understood to be stated on every post here.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    This is an online forum. Everything any one of us says is prefaced with an unwritten "this is my opinion."

I could have written something like "It is my opinion that sometimes players take certain aspects of this game too seriously, for what is, in my opinion, a relatively simple, relatively low-stakes, silly game. Of course, their opinions are perfectly valid, and one should consider every aspect of every argument as worthwhile." but that takes up a whole lot more space for something that should absolutely be understood to be stated on every post here.

Stop with the toilet thing though. I dunno what is wrong with your bowels that Marvel makes you wanna **** but I can play MPQ elsewhere too!

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Stop with the toilet thing though. I dunno what is wrong with your bowels that Marvel makes you wanna **** but I can play MPQ elsewhere too!

I think you're the outlier on this one -- almost everyone I know exclusively plays this game in the toilet.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I think you're the outlier on this one -- almost everyone I know exclusively plays this game in the toilet.

Man, they have to plan their MPQ stuff around that? Might explain why so many players you talk about knowing also want to kill the Devs. Must **** up their life big time!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

550 numbers seem decent